Mold and tranny problems???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Mold and tranny problems????

Let my car sit for a month without starting and so I went up there and started it up and was gonna move it. There is fn mold galore everywhere and my throw out bearing was whining and now it won't go into any gear! I got it to go into some but its hard to. It won't go into reverse any it grinds. I already replaced it last year. Trans shifted good other than clutch whining before I parked it. Would just a month sitting Hur my car that bad?????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2050056933.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	124154   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3512491008.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	124155  

FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Holy ****. Moisture much.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah it's everywhere. I'm more worried bout my tranny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Verts ftl!
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Um... yeah that's a full interior pull and cleaning unless you want respiratory problems... carpet replacement too... And you obviously need a new vert top...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's not gonna be easy to clean up and keep out

Old 08-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah only in this place never happened before
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well if you need any pointers on pulling the interior let me know. I'm serious when I say you need to get it all out and clean it and get new carpet. Especially if you are going to give anyone a ride who might be sensitive to that sort of stuff. I guarandamntee you its all up under the dash/console, in the carpet etc...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well when I bought it it had mold on seatbelts and I cleaned it out but it was never this bad even when I parked it at the house
Old 08-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ugh, well I hope YOU don't have any issues from it because you likely didn't get it all... I'm not trying to be an ***, that is just really scary. I've only ever seen that kind of stuff in a car sitting in a field...

Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Set it on Fire....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Well if you need any pointers on pulling the interior let me know. I'm serious when I say you need to get it all out and clean it and get new carpet. Especially if you are going to give anyone a ride who might be sensitive to that sort of stuff. I guarandamntee you its all up under the dash/console, in the carpet etc...
I would be guessing but you don't have the car insured? That amount of time to clean this would be astronomic. You would have to replace anything that wasn't plastic or metal. The whole inside and the dash would have to be taken completely apart and cleaned. Carpeting, seats, seat belts, blah, blah, blah.....

IF IT IS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE, THROW SOME GASOLINE ON IT AND SET IT ON FIRE!

Even if you got the mold out, there will be some residual still in the car. Anyone who rides and gets sick, you will get the bill.

GOOD LUCK!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd say with a full interior replacement he'd be ok. You can rip out the whole thing in a few hours and then its just clean clean clean clean and find a wrecked V6 or something to swap with.

If not then part it out. Its a 4V so it should bring some decent coin. That 99 front bumper alone is $600 all day in good shape.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd say with a full interior replacement he'd be ok. You can rip out the whole thing in a few hours and then its just clean clean clean clean and find a wrecked V6 or something to swap with.

If not then part it out. Its a 4V so it should bring some decent coin. That 99 front bumper alone is $600 all day in good shape.
Good Idea to part it out. Way too much time to cleaning it.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Better still since, IIRC, this is a salvage title car is to get a clean title GT roller or one with a blown drivetrain and use the Cobra as a donor car. I'd say keep the numbered car but with a salvage title... clean title GT would win that one IMO.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Heck I'll clean it out for you for $800 I'm confident the mold can be gone. Your going to need some heavy grade products and time.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Exactly and there are products that get rid of mold!

And mold itself isn't going to kill you

http://www.cdc.gov/mold/dampness_facts.htm
Old 08-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

It won't kill you but it can **** you up and Pneumonia CAN kill you...

Old 08-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I had always problem with mold in car. But none that showed. I noticed it from time to time where if I got in and I could feel my throat act up but I guess after having windows down and top down the feeling web away. Away to the point that it hasn't bothered me for a while even with windows up. I don't understand how sitting for no even a moth can cause this to happen like this? It sat before outside at our other house and never did mold like this not one bit.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Might have finally hit critical mass, dunno... I DO know that if someone gets sick and they reference this thread or just know there is mold in the car have fun with that lawsuit... Like I said I'd rip it completely down to the bare metal and clean the living **** out of it if you want to keep it. Trash the carpet, trash the top and get new stuff. The panels you might be able to save but it might just be better to get new stuff. Now would be a good time to swap to a nicer interior or even swap DOWN to a 94-98 true black interior. I've seen a few Edges with 94-98 black interiors and it really looks sick. What I will do if I ever get an Edge.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

What about tranny? Has my throwout bearing finally hit rock bottom after a month of sitting? Could moister that's causing the mold cause this too? It's acting like its harder to go into gears just sitting and I can't even touch r else withou grinding. Before I parked it reverse always have me a little problem so I had to go third or first than reverse bu now that don't even help.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Remember my oil change guy said my tranny was leaking.... Guess a moth of string and leaking there probably isn't much left in there....
Old 08-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

That'll do it.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Soooo I have to drive it this week about three hours. If I put more tranny fluid ad rear differential fluid in it will it be good as new lol?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Remember my oil change guy said my tranny was leaking.... Guess a moth of string and leaking there probably isn't much left in there....
Ummm no... depends on what's leaking. If it's a seal that's leaking then sitting for a month won't leak a drop because no fluid is reaching it.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Well my mechanic is breaking wheel lock for me so may e he will tell me. Hipe its nothing too expensive cause I got an offer on. 04 350z auto 100k miles I want to trade
Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I feel bad for that cobra.
calebnaasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yeah this cobra is breaking my bank... Don't get me wrong I love the car but I can't keep investing into something I'm not gaining nothing from. Paid 5500 cash with a car I traded in I paid 2700 for so bout 7900 right there at 108k miles. Had to put a used tranny in it as the it 1200 there.. 379 for tuner 150 for cai headlights etc lol. Than on top all that the tranny is leaking the rear diff is leaking the clutch is whining the top is ruint the rear bumpe has a hole in it. This car is screwing me over and over again lol...
Old 08-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Lol yeah this cobra is breaking my bank... Don't get me wrong I love the car but I can't keep investing into something I'm not gaining nothing from. Paid 5500 cash with a car I traded in I paid 2700 for so bout 7900 right there at 108k miles. Had to put a used tranny in it as the it 1200 there.. 379 for tuner 150 for cai headlights etc lol. Than on top all that the tranny is leaking the rear diff is leaking the clutch is whining the top is ruint the rear bumpe has a hole in it. This car is screwing me over and over again lol...
I'd try to get rid of it. Sounds like my 98 gt. I bought it to fix it up cuz I got it cheap. I haven't been able to fix anything: broken driver side window regulator, shifter linkage is off, Park doesn't work, needs a radio, paint is faded. Only thing good on the car is the Saleen rims with Toyo proxes4 tires.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I feel ya lol. Only thing good bout this is I could prob make 4-5 k cash parting it out lol. Pretty bad to part a good running car out lol
Old 08-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not at all, depends on the car. I'd part that thing out in 2 seconds or get a roller to swap it all into.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I'm thinking bout it hard lol if I don't trade first. How much should the parts bring? I'm thinking rear taillights and harness and front bumper and assembly 1k at least. 500 Obo for cobra rs and rims. Tranny round 600-700 engine idk? Bbk x pipe and car back 300? Than once everything is gone sell she'll for 1500? Being a rebuilt title hurts it but it is also a cobra. 50 years from now it may be worth something.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I was gonna say part it out before I even saw u suggested it. Alot of people want cobra parts. Just like the front bumper
Old 08-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #33
Staff
Regular
Staff

Rebuilt title kills it, it wont' be worth **** in 50 years and even if it is are you seriously planning on keeping it 50 years? Hell I'll give you $500 for the IRS if you are near me right now lol. You are pretty spot on in your estimates of $$$. Leaky tranny that has known issues will only be $200-$300 if that, maybe less... Motor should bring $2k if its running well, just make sure to take lots of vids. Seats... if not moldy and ruined can bring $600+ too depending on condition. The 4V cars can be parted out for some good coin. You won't make back what you have in it but you'll get more out of it than if you sold it as a whole car due to the title. Rule #1 of these cars, NEVER buy a rebuilt title Mustang. Unless its got a Boss 429 VIN on it or something...

Old 08-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh I forgot IRS lol. Well if I don't trade ill part it or buy a roller and swap
Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Well here's a good estimate of around 4k or more parting lol. Engine and trans 2500 tops. IRS 500 front bumper and rear headlights 1k seats 600 not counting all exterior molds and stuff and gauges I'm looking at least 4.5k there lol!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Forgot wheels and tires for 500 lol there's 5k imma get a parts list ready for u guys and just hit me up lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT