XE270AH Cams on Teksid Block - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to ironmanedgar455
XE270AH Cams on Teksid Block

I have a Teksid block question, I'm currently building a Teksid block for my 98 GT, I bored it to .30 and im putting back the original rotating assembly or course with bigger piston but still with 18cc dish, i have a pair of ported PI heads that I will be installing. My question is will I have clearance issues with these cams if I installed them with original timing specs?
ironmanedgar455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
1 - Why the hell are you putting the junk stock rods back in the engine? The stock rods are the weakest point in the assembly... Get a set of used 03 Cobra rods for $300 at the VERY least...

2 - Your cams need to be degreed, the original timing specs will be off since they are for the PI cams.

3 - Your PTV has nothing to do with the block being a teksid and everything to do with your cams, your heads being decked or not and the valve reliefs of the pistons.

4 - You should not have gone to .030 on the Teksid, .020 is as much as you should be taking out but it will probably be ok. The less the better for the modular blocks. Hell, if you can get away with a hone then don't even bore the block.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #3

You know I couldn't find the Cobra rods, everywhere I searched everyone wanted an arm and a leg for them. Plus I'm trying to do this with budget in mind, SHM said I could get away with up to 500 hp with them, now if that's true or not I don't know. But your right I will have to degree them, I'm more than likely going to build the engine and then take it in to get them degreed before I put it in. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
MMR sells the Cobra rods for $300 a set. You can find them on the corral pretty often too. Or just get a set of basic forged rods which I believe also run $299 a set... You will be on borrowed time at 500hp with stock rods if it even lasts for very long.

You don't cheap out at 500hp...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #5

Very true, thanks for the advice I'll check out the rods

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT