Car is almost stock. Need help on what mods to get. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Bern
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 11
Car is almost stock. Need help on what mods to get.

Hey guys. I just joined the website today and I am going to start out by asking a couple questions. I bought my 04 automatic 40th anniversary Mustang GT a little over a year ago. After I got most of it looking the way I want it to, I've been working on some mechanical mods the past few months. My question is, what mods should I go for, for the best hp gain and such? I heard exhaust is a good way to go but I don't know what the best exhaust for hp gain is. I drive the car everyday so it's not like I want to make it a freaking super car or anything but I do want to make it fast. These are the things I've done to the car mechanically so far. Thanks!
-BBK CAI
-BBK Pullie System
-4.10 Ford Racing Gears
-Diablo Sport Predator Tuner

Here is the link to the album that shows what the car looked like when I bought it to what it looks like now: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...60-albums4870/

Here is the link to my page. At the bottom of my page is a list of absolutely everything I've done to the car:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/36460/
TheTumbler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Welcome!! Let's see some pictures. If you wanna know some good mods check The Beginners Guide to Bolt-Ons in the stickies section. I always recommend lowering the car with some rims, but that's just for looks. Exhaust is always a good idea but you won't see much in the way of horsepower gains from it.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Bern
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 11
I just posted some links that shows the car and what I've done to it lol
TheTumbler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTumbler04 View Post
I just posted some links that shows the car and what I've done to it lol
Looks great!! If you want more power that you can feel then go with an intake plenum and throttlebody. exhaust won't make any real power difference other than making the car louder, you might gain 5hp or so from a catback and midpipe. Long tubes make some good power, but they're expensive to install.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTumbler04 View Post
Hey guys. I just joined the website today and I am going to start out by asking a couple questions. I bought my 04 automatic 40th anniversary Mustang GT a little over a year ago. After I got most of it looking the way I want it to, I've been working on some mechanical mods the past few months. My question is, what mods should I go for, for the best hp gain and such? I heard exhaust is a good way to go but I don't know what the best exhaust for hp gain is. I drive the car everyday so it's not like I want to make it a freaking super car or anything but I do want to make it fast. These are the things I've done to the car mechanically so far. Thanks!
-BBK CAI
-BBK Pullie System
-4.10 Ford Racing Gears
-Diablo Sport Predator Tuner

Here is the link to the album that shows what the car looked like when I bought it to what it looks like now: Mustang Evolution - TheTumbler04's Album: The Evolution of my 04 Mustang GT

Here is the link to my page. At the bottom of my page is a list of absolutely everything I've done to the car:
Mustang Evolution - View Profile: TheTumbler04
THAT IS ONE SEXY STANG!!!

Get a full exhaust system
larger injectors
upgrade plugs/wires
k.b. boost a pump
HID lighting
rims/tires

...then blow that sucker!!!
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Welcome were from nc are you from?

Id just save up for a supercharger and supporting mods! Our modulars love being boosted
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

Looks great!! If you want more power that you can feel then go with an intake plenum and throttlebody. exhaust won't make any real power difference other than making the car louder, you might gain 5hp or so from a catback and midpipe. Long tubes make some good power, but they're expensive to install.
False ..

Full exhaust is the best mod you can do as far as bolt ons.. IMO
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
If I where you I'd do these next steps ..


1. MGW short throw shifter
2. Subframe connectors
3. Lowering springs
4. Upper and lower control arms
5. Long tube headers w/ x pipe
6. Plenum & 70mm throttle body
7. Some decent cams
8. Dyno tune

That's how I'd do it if I started over with a 2V

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
If I where you I'd do these next steps ..

1. MGW short throw shifter
2. Subframe connectors
3. Lowering springs
4. Upper and lower control arms
5. Long tube headers w/ x pipe
6. Plenum & 70mm throttle body
7. Some decent cams
8. Dyno tune

That's how I'd do it if I started over with a 2V
Plus the gears you already have
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Those are a good set ^. But boosting is the best bag for your buck and it can safely handle 400-450hp on stock internals. A member here has had about 460hp on stock internals for almost a year now and its still running strong!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Those are a good set ^. But boosting is the best bag for your buck and it can safely handle 400-450hp on stock internals. A member here has had about 460hp on stock internals for almost a year now and its still running strong!
Idk you can but might has well do full bolt ons first , a fully bolt Gt is fun enough ,
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

False ..

Full exhaust is the best mod you can do as far as bolt ons.. IMO
Not without long tubes... Exhaust sound great but you aren't gonna pick up that much power on a N/A motor
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

Not without long tubes... Exhaust sound great but you aren't gonna pick up that much power on a N/A motor
Uhm, what part of FULL exhaust doesn't make sense ?

Long tubes + Mid Pipe + Mufflers + Tail pipes = full exhaust

Do you have any dyno sheets to prove your theory ?
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Stock 373/351
After Full exhaust - 409.4 / 386.5

Gains - 36.4 Rwhp / 35rwhp

IMO that's pretty good gains just for exhaust ..


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4096304643.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	125117
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Ok ok relax guys. We're all here to help. Full exhaust is Awesome, and so is supercharging it. And so is plenty of other things to get more hp out of it. Dont be arguing about dumb stuff like that. If you need to pm each other. But this guy just wants some simple answers to a simple question. Beginners Guide to Bolt Ons. Nuff said.
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Stock 373/351
After Full exhaust - 409.4 / 386.5

Gains - 36.4 Rwhp / 35rwhp

IMO that's pretty good gains just for exhaust ..
Now here's my question, is that a 2V? Seeing as this is the GT section. Notice how I said you won't see those gains without long tubes. However I will admit that I didn't see you said full exhaust instead of just a catback and mipipe
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fred2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Alameda
Region: California
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Stock 373/351
After Full exhaust - 409.4 / 386.5

Gains - 36.4 Rwhp / 35rwhp

IMO that's pretty good gains just for exhaust ..


Attachment 125117
Totally agree with you on this +1

I had installed a full SpinTech exhaust system all around and got some real great power and sound. I have added it to all 4 of my mustangs.
Fred2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:18 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.