Noisy PCV valve - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Noisy PCV valve

I recently changed the PCV valve on my 98 GT. I replaced the stock Motorcraft valve with the recommended one from autozone that has two ports on top of the valve. I hooked the hose up to one port, plugged it in the valve cover, and started the engine and now the second port hisses LOUD and has vacuum pressure just sucking free air. When I plug the hole my engine stalls out. Any suggestions?
Grrrr.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You definitely need to plug that unused hole. Like a lot of tune-up parts on these cars, I recommend using Motorcraft for the PCV as well. Plug the hole and start the car and see if the idle smooths out. Also, you can clean your old one with some carb cleaner and put it back on to see if that makes a difference. Check the vacuum lines as well to make sure that you didn't inadvertently disconnect anything.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Alright thanks for the help. I threw the old one away already so I'm gonna look up the original part number and get that one. This was my first post on this site and more to come. Finally got all the maintenance and tune ups done, time to start building
Grrrr.... is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT