New rims or supercharger? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Alright, so I'm in a little bit of a dilemma. I currently have 17x9's Saleen's on both front and rear. I don't like the stock ride height, so I found a set of H&R super sport springs for a good price. Looked it up and these lower the front 2.0" and the rear 1.6" (Might look a little sunkin in) Now that I think about it, I wish I would've gotten 17x10.5's in the rear. I've been looking at rims, wanting to switch it up and I'm starting to like the anthracite fr500s with the DD. I am also starting to save up and build a Vortech supercharger. Trying to be more practical, not too sure if I should just keep my stance and save up for the SC or go with rims and new stance and save up again afterwards.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
Alright, so I'm in a little bit of a dilemma. I currently have 17x9's Saleen's on both front and rear. I don't like the stock ride height, so I found a set of H&R super sport springs for a good price. Looked it up and these lower the front 2.0" and the rear 1.6" (Might look a little sunkin in) Now that I think about it, I wish I would've gotten 17x10.5's in the rear. I've been looking at rims, wanting to switch it up and I'm starting to like the anthracite fr500s with the DD. I am also starting to save up and build a Vortech supercharger. Trying to be more practical, not too sure if I should just keep my stance and save up for the SC or go with rims and new stance and save up again afterwards.
You might try looking at a different set of springs. You lower that much you will need to get Panhard Bar. So are we supposed to GUESS the part about a Supercharger?
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
it depends how u use ur ride i guess. i love my mustang because of the sound it makes and how sexy it looks. i would go for wheels and suspension. but if ur happy with ur look and have a need for real speed keep saving up for that sc
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
it depends how u use ur ride i guess. i love my mustang because of the sound it makes and how sexy it looks. i would go for wheels and suspension. but if ur happy with ur look and have a need for real speed keep saving up for that sc
Mine is a DD, so I don't necessarily need a SC, but its something I've wanted to get. With it being the most expensive mod, maybe I should do everything else I want to the car (appearance wise) and than go for that last.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

Mine is a DD, so I don't necessarily need a SC, but its something I've wanted to get. With it being the most expensive mod, maybe I should do everything else I want to the car (appearance wise) and than go for that last.
yea i would do the same. im more into the appearance. i'd save the sc idea till later on wen i have nothing else to do appearance wise
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post

yea i would do the same. im more into the appearance. i'd save the sc idea till later on wen i have nothing else to do appearance wise
I am also, I mean I don't like saying that I'm "stock" except for a catback exhaust.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Go for the supercharger. I'm also starting to save up to build a vortech kit. Should come out to $1500 if I can find a used head unit... The wheels look amazing but you already have a set of saleens, I say hold into those a while and get the SC
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coltonhess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elyria
Region: Ohio
Posts: 429
How much HP could you get out of that setup assuming that my engine was built and all the air and fuel requirements were met
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

You might try looking at a different set of springs. You lower that much you will need to get Panhard Bar. So are we supposed to GUESS the part about a Supercharger?
These cars don't need a panhard bar when lowering like the S197s do.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
bmorgan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Lafayette
Region: Indiana
Posts: 33
If you are interested in selling your rims, I may be interested in buying them.
bmorgan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
How much HP could you get out of that setup assuming that my engine was built and all the air and fuel requirements were met
Depends on how much boost you run
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorgan22 View Post
If you are interested in selling your rims, I may be interested in buying them.
PM me
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coltonhess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elyria
Region: Ohio
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Depends on how much boost you run
I understand that. I'm just saying like the max out of the setup cause some have restrictions don't they? Cause if I can get that for 1500. And run low boost for let's say 350rwhp and then after I forge run 500. That sounds like a good deal haha
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
bmorgan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Lafayette
Region: Indiana
Posts: 33
Hey it says you need to delete messages before you can get any more

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Hey it says you need to delete messages in your inbox before you can receive more
bmorgan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post

I understand that. I'm just saying like the max out of the setup cause some have restrictions don't they? Cause if I can get that for 1500. And run low boost for let's say 350rwhp and then after I forge run 500. That sounds like a good deal haha
The $1500 kit is a "build your own" kit from Superchargersonline.com, all the hardware and mounting stuff comes out to like $750, then factor in fuel pump and injectors upgrade, then look for a used head unit. Keep in mind this is not an intercooler set up, so you can get to 400rwhp with it but if you go anymore you will want to get it intercooler.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
+1^ the base model should handle 500whp on a built motor just fine.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coltonhess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elyria
Region: Ohio
Posts: 429
Cool! That's what I was wondering. Thanks
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
Alright, so I'm in a little bit of a dilemma. I currently have 17x9's Saleen's on both front and rear. I don't like the stock ride height, so I found a set of H&R super sport springs for a good price. Looked it up and these lower the front 2.0" and the rear 1.6" (Might look a little sunkin in) Now that I think about it, I wish I would've gotten 17x10.5's in the rear. I've been looking at rims, wanting to switch it up and I'm starting to like the anthracite fr500s with the DD. I am also starting to save up and build a Vortech supercharger. Trying to be more practical, not too sure if I should just keep my stance and save up for the SC or go with rims and new stance and save up again afterwards.
Clean out your inbox, I'm trying to PM you! Lol
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
bmorgan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Lafayette
Region: Indiana
Posts: 33
Gotta delete more pm man
bmorgan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Just cleared it out
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:57 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.