GT vs Ls1 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

Haha yeah I've had that happen. If I see a stang ahead of me and can tell its been modded, then I try to pull up next to them and ask them what they have done to it. Try to get to know the stangs in the area
Saw a beautiful 81 GT yesterday on main st, looked brand new. Not my fav year but this car was pristine. Got a head nod from him before i turned off.
GreenBean 1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean 1809 View Post

Saw a beautiful 81 GT yesterday on main st, looked brand new. Not my fav year but this car was pristine. Got a head nod from him before i turned off.
Nice! Sounds like the dude cares about it car.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Probably going to get flakked on this one, but I think LS series motors are superior to any modular except the Coyote. It's the fruit of GM sticking to the same thing over years and years. And yes, that Trans Am will maul you. Build quality on those cars is sub-par, and they're heavy as can be, but they make enough power to compensate.
No I totally agree. If it wasn't for the LS I would totally hate all camaros and trans am. They are simply a good motor for that time unlike fords. Now with coyote we have something to brag about in our motors. And the 4v's 03-04

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

No I totally agree. If it wasn't for the LS I would totally hate all camaros and trans am. They are simply a good motor for that time unlike fords. Now with coyote we have something to brag about in our motors. And the 4v's 03-04
Can't wait to hear what crap I get from my "turbo imports friends " since they think their cars are superior to any others. Lol
Old 08-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

"What's it matter" is enough of a statement. I've found that a lot of young guys with fast cars have completely screwed priorities.
AgentOrange is spot on today! I'm a young guy myself (23) but I agree, people don't know when enough is enough. There are a couple members that like 13yrs old on here that I've seen post about dreaming when they can drive and things like that. If I was a parent id want to kill someone for talking like that in front of my kid.
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
It is great driving through my town. With the Vortech blower people can hear my car coming before they see it. Then as I pass by they wave and always yell or motion to get on it real good bc of the mean, unique tone the long tubes, prochamber, and flowmaster 40s gives the 2V motor. Unless they are cops that is. Then they tend to Dukes of Hazard it around and flip on the blue lights. Unfortunately it appears that for some strange reason some cranky people hate it and constantly complain about it
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
It is great driving through my town. With the Vortech blower people can hear my car coming before they see it. Then as I pass by they wave and always yell or motion to get on it real good bc of the mean, unique tone the long tubes, prochamber, and flowmaster 40s gives the 2V motor. Unless they are cops that is. Then they tend to Dukes of Hazard it around and flip on the blue lights. Unfortunately it appears that for some strange reason some cranky people hate it and constantly complain about it
Camaro owners
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
My wife and I get compliments on our cars all the time by people of all ages. My wife teaches school and she always hears from her co workers and freinds that they love her car and that a convertible sports car is what they always wanted. Plus the second graders in her class think its cool that thier teacher drives Mustangs and I am sure that most of them never knew what a Mustang even was before her class. I work with the young men (12 to 18 year olds) in my ward and they love the cars too. They are just a couple of clean 10+ year old GTs with nothing other than mild bolt-ons, I guarranty that we wouldn't get the some attentions from a F-body Camero or Firebird.

The LS1 Firebird would of kicked your but, I wouldn't of even been close.

F-body LS1=FAST.
S-197 and New Edge Mustangs=COOL.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Camarobirds are complete piles of **** cars with a great motor/trans combo and that's it. Makes the SN95 interior look like it is out of a Lexus lol. Also they think they are god when driving so a good strategy is to get a really good launch and make them panic and spin their tires. Drag radials/gears on a bolt on 2V WILL out launch a street radial LS1 and light to light you're going to win your races in the 1st 60 ft anyway.

Edit: Also, OP, get new friends.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Couldn't agree more^

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Camarobirds are complete piles of **** cars with a great motor/trans combo and that's it. Makes the SN95 interior look like it is out of a Lexus lol. Also they think they are god when driving so a good strategy is to get a really good launch and make them panic and spin their tires. Drag radials/gears on a bolt on 2V WILL out launch a street radial LS1 and light to light you're going to win your races in the 1st 60 ft anyway.

Edit: Also, OP, get new friends.
Haha I'm trying to man. There's so few mustangs/American cars where I live in Parker. Every time I see a mustang owner I stop by and talk to them. None of them have hit me up yet..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT