Lightning supercharger on a 2001 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thunderupokc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmond
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 68
Lightning supercharger on a 2001 gt

Will a supercharger from a 2001 lightning work on a 2001 mustang gt? If so what kind of modifications/parts would I need?
Thunderupokc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
i forget do they use m112's or m90's...if m112 you can buy an adapter plate. i know Torq Tech makes a full kit...even though the kits average 2k before the m112 purchase it's not much cheaper to piece a kit together unless you have a shop that can make the plate. which some people do have done of course since this is used on v6 mustangs quite a bit.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thunderupokc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmond
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 68
I'd have to look I'm not sure.
Thunderupokc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
pretty sure it's an m112...
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thunderupokc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmond
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 68
A guy is selling one on CL for $300 but if the kits that much I won't do it.
Thunderupokc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang81596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pemberton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderupokc81 View Post
A guy is selling one on CL for $300 but if the kits that much I won't do it.
Here in nj that's not uncommon. I see them on cl for $300-$600
__________________
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderupokc81 View Post
A guy is selling one on CL for $300 but if the kits that much I won't do it.
yeah sounds about right on price for a used one...the plate by itself i wanna say is $700-800 unless you get one custom made. that's why the full kits cost a few grand because they include the custom brackets for the pulley setup and what not. plus you'll need a tuner and a new hood to fit over the blower. overall you'd be better off going with a different setup unless your heart is set on a roots style.

now saying that my friend has a 5.4 lightning swap in his GT and i think it's a blast so if you can find the full motor man have fun

__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang81596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pemberton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

yeah sounds about right on price for a used one...the plate by itself i wanna say is $700-800 unless you get one custom made. that's why the full kits cost a few grand because they include the custom brackets for the pulley setup and what not. plus you'll need a tuner and a new hood to fit over the blower. overall you'd be better off going with a different setup unless your heart is set on a roots style.

now saying that my friend has a 5.4 lightning swap in his GT and i think it's a blast so if you can find the full motor man have fun
The probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen lol. Sorry to go off topic. What would be a good, cheeper setup for out sixxers? I wanted to go with the m112 but I don't really wanna change hoods.. I love the gt scoop on it.
__________________
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post
The probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen lol. Sorry to go off topic. What would be a good, cheeper setup for out sixxers? I wanted to go with the m112 but I don't really wanna change hoods.. I love the gt scoop on it.
well you're in luck...we can fit an m112 under our scoop thanks to our smaller engine

just needs a bit of cutting in front of the scoop to fit the pulley and the hood under the scoop will also be cut out...makes for a great way to keep the eaton cool as well



i want to do this as well one day...a local guy i know use to run an m112 '03 v6..made 350-375 to the wheels (can't remember for sure off the top of my head) and over 415 ft lbs of torque. he has the full swap including adapter plate in his garage waiting on me to save up the cash lol.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Red_venom_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hayward
Region: California
Posts: 310
With all the parts needed to put on a m112 u will end up spending around over 2k.
Red_venom_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thunderupokc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmond
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 68
Yeah for another $1500 or so I could do a nice vortec setup and wouldn't have to modify the hood and it would be brand new.
Thunderupokc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang81596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pemberton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

well you're in luck...we can fit an m112 under our scoop thanks to our smaller engine

just needs a bit of cutting in front of the scoop to fit the pulley and the hood under the scoop will also be cut out...makes for a great way to keep the eaton cool as well

i want to do this as well one day...a local guy i know use to run an m112 '03 v6..made 350-375 to the wheels (can't remember for sure off the top of my head) and over 415 ft lbs of torque. he has the full swap including adapter plate in his garage waiting on me to save up the cash lol.
I posted a pic similar to that and a lot of guys on here said it was ricey :/ haha. I don't think it looks bad if it's done correctly. I really, one day, wanna slap one on. That thing is a torque monster lol
__________________
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

well you're in luck...we can fit an m112 under our scoop thanks to our smaller engine

just needs a bit of cutting in front of the scoop to fit the pulley and the hood under the scoop will also be cut out...makes for a great way to keep the eaton cool as well

i want to do this as well one day...a local guy i know use to run an m112 '03 v6..made 350-375 to the wheels (can't remember for sure off the top of my head) and over 415 ft lbs of torque. he has the full swap including adapter plate in his garage waiting on me to save up the cash lol.
that looks ****ing cool !
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Joey from Mustang Addicts on Facebook has a really nice lightning motor set up.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.