04 gto vs 01 gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I'm telling ya, 5.0 swap

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I'm telling ya, 5.0 swap
He said he can't get financing on shop work..an engine 7k other parts and nic nacs 3-4k? Labor of not doing it yourself who knows....
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Get a 5.0.im going backwards from a 10gt and been looking for a mach or cobra one cause maybe my payments would be lower and I really miss the deeper sound of the 2&4v unless I find another job ill just get 5.0.but I got screwed in my situation.but if you can't find nothing with your time frame get the new 5.0.there beast
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Was this a 6.0 or 5.7?

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Was this a 6.0 or 5.7?
The 04's are 5.7 I'm pretty sure 05-06 are 6.0, my friend sold his bullitt and got and 06 GTO
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not sure what is wrong with the OP's 2V but honestly it sounds like the shop doing the work is ****ing up royally. These are actually very reliable cars. 2V is a great motor, the t45 or 3650s are good transmissions as are the autos and the 8.8 solid rear is pretty bulletproof. If there is an issue with the rear and it keeps popping up, time to change shops honestly...

The GTOs are pigs no matter how you cut it. Swapping a 5.0 is a $10k proposition and he says he can't finance shop work. Hell, OP, if you want a nice compromise with a nicer interior/smoother and still the same basic drivetrain you have now look for a 05-09 GT. 3V is a nice 50hp upgrade, the trans and rear are the same and its roomier and smoother.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input. I just feel the s197 is better served as a boat anchor, but i have never driven one, so ill give one a chance. Im pre approved for 15k with 0 down and 3% financing. Going to wait for that gem to come along.
GreenBean 1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean 1809 View Post
Thanks for the input. I just feel the s197 is better served as a boat anchor, but i have never driven one, so ill give one a chance. Im pre approved for 15k with 0 down and 3% financing. Going to wait for that gem to come along.
That's a good approval especially on the financing. My financing is 8.3% cause I'm 20 driving a mustang gt with no credit prior lol.
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_MUSTANG_V6 View Post

That's a good approval especially on the financing. My financing is 8.3% cause I'm 20 driving a mustang gt with no credit prior lol.
Im 22 but work 3 jobs and have a 700+ credit score. I was approved for more but i know my limits and dont want to get in too much with other necessities in life. Wish i could just spend all my money on my car. Responsibilities suck!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Im 22 but work 3 jobs and have a 700+ credit score. I was approved for more but i know my limits and dont want to get in too much with other necessities in life. Wish i could just spend all my money on my car. Responsibilities suck!
Yea that's the big thing. You had credit prior and damn good credit too. And yes I know life would be great without tons of responsibilities and if we could just put every dollar towards ours cars!
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I don't like the feeling of bring in the s197 feels too big.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
+1

Good show Greenbean!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Go test drive one, might as well cover all your bases. You might love it. I used to hate the 05-09s but I like them now and appreciate them for what they are. They ARE bigger and heavier and definitely feel different but you might like them better. The interior alone is worth checking it out for. No more Fisher Price interior starting in 2005.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Go test drive one, might as well cover all your bases. You might love it. I used to hate the 05-09s but I like them now and appreciate them for what they are. They ARE bigger and heavier and definitely feel different but you might like them better. The interior alone is worth checking it out for. No more Fisher Price interior starting in 2005.
Fisher Price interior... we're talking about Subaru, right?
Jokes aside, why aren't you looking at Terminators? Are they too old to finance? You say you want a new edge but other cars are too slow.. you can have your cake and eat it too given what I'm seeing!
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Jokes aside, why aren't you looking at Terminators? Are they too old to finance? You say you want a new edge but other cars are too slow.. you can have your cake and eat it too given what I'm seeing!
I've seen kids build castles out of Legos that held together better than in interior of a Mustang. It wasn't until I got a 2010 that I realized it wasn't normal for the dash to creek over every bumb, or the shifter trim to pop out of place, or the seat lever to fall off, or the...
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

I've seen kids build castles out of Legos that held together better than in interior of a Mustang. It wasn't until I got a 2010 that I realized it wasn't normal for the dash to creek over every bumb, or the shifter trim to pop out of place, or the seat lever to fall off, or the...
I know they're chinsy, I just like to rag on Subaru interiors. I've been able to get rid of the squeaks coming from the radio bezel by padding it. Aside from that, my interior holds up good and doesn't look half bad. Too much hard plastic in the 05+ for my taste.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know they're chinsy, I just like to rag on Subaru interiors. I've been able to get rid of the squeaks coming from the radio bezel by padding it. Aside from that, my interior holds up good and doesn't look half bad. Too much hard plastic in the 05+ for my taste.
I feel you. It's not about the interior so much anyways. Never been in a Subaru before but I can only imagine
Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

A termi for 15k, in good condition, i wish. Then everyone would have one.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4023932395.html
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No but an Azure Blue Mach 1 can be had for that.. Low miles, reasonably stock... Ohhhh... Such a nice car
Old 09-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No but an Azure Blue Mach 1 can be had for that.. Low miles, reasonably stock... Ohhhh... Such a nice car
Or a competition orange Mach..
Old 09-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How did you find that so fast? That's amazing, and cheap. I'm on the way to Orlando right now..

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote:

Or a competition orange Mach..
Yes... Another beauty.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How did you find that so fast? That's amazing, and cheap. I'm on the way to Orlando right now..
Because I had already seen that ad. I check CL from time to time. Mostly scouting a first gen Lightning, but i'll get bored and see if anything interesting is out there while i'm at it.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats the plan.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats the plan.
Ignore the post of the cobra, then try this. Its even an OBO car.. Mustangs are cheap in FL!
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/4007776440.html
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ignore the post of the cobra, then try this. Its even an OBO car.. Mustangs are cheap in FL!
Probably get it for $11,500. Seller seems reasonably desperate.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why is that. Mustang prices suck in ohio! And we have bad winters with salt too.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why is that. Mustang prices suck in ohio! And we have bad winters with salt too.
There's just a lot of em here. I just worked a MCA Grand National show at Disney over the weekend and there were tons and tons of late models..

Im considering asking that seller about the "new spare parts" he has! Lol
Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Mach 1s are awesome!!! I have a neighbor-old guy, that recently revealed that he had one. He had just sold it. It stay in his garage, hidden by junk! He pulled it out to have it cleaned it before the buyer arrived. It had about 6k miles on it. He kept it for a family member that never returned for it. And it sold for $13k!
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #65
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I'm a nazi about the rattles/creaks in the SN95. I've pulled the stupid defroster vent trim out and sanded on it more times then I care to remember, the damn radio bezel rattles sometimes but this 98 of mine is very solid because I ripped the whole goddam thing out and made sure I had EVERY clip in there solid and every piece was fitted right. But yeah it really is a Fisher Price interior. 05-up interior is so much nicer I'm almost tempted to look at one for my next DD.

Quote:
2004 mustang mach 1 low miles orig. owner
That is a ridiculously good deal, like REALLY REALLY good... if its clean and drives well and you can get cash show up with $10k in $100 bills and I guarantee its yours. If financed you'll probably need to do the $11k but at 3% on a used car... that is a good deal for whatever bank you are going through. I'm guessing a Credit Union with that rate because I have over 700 too and I didn't get better than 6% from USAA.

Edit: And getting back to the 05-up cars... from having finally sat in some and test driven them in the past few years it really does make the older ones feel cramped and small. When I get into my 98 I have the seat all the way back to get in/out and have to use the tilt every time or I'm not going to have an easy time getting situated. By the time I get buckled in, pull the seat up, lower the wheel and get going I feel like I'm sitting in a cockpit of a fighter jet lol. Which honestly is a good thing when I want to blast around town but just for your daily schlepping around gets old. The 05-up is much roomier and friendlier to have as a daily driven car.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

My wife's car is an 05. Bigger car for sure, and it feels super solid. The interior isn't what I like the most about it, though. It's all hard plastic, nothing is soft to the touch. Hard plastic dash(even the top "pad", door panels, console. It's attractive looking, but it's not for me.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the 10 gt and its roomy.i have the premium with stock 373s.i like the system but idk I just would really rather have the 03-04 mach or cobra.but since I listened to other ppl I got screwed on my loan and realized I'm upside down.but the s197 are not that bad.thw exhaust sound will be different from new edge which I miss.hope you find your car
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

Dude around the corner from me has a bright Orange 05-09 and some sort of cams in it, have not had a chance to flag him down and ask but it sounds great. I actually like the exhaust note of the 3V as well and they are still half the price to cam of the 4V.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
I have the 10 gt and its roomy.i have the premium with stock 373s.i like the system but idk I just would really rather have the 03-04 mach or cobra.but since I listened to other ppl I got screwed on my loan and realized I'm upside down.but the s197 are not that bad.thw exhaust sound will be different from new edge which I miss.hope you find your car
Thanks. Im looking at a 05 GT tomorrow. I LOVE my off road x into my borlas so I dont know if I can live without them. Do you know what the stock rear gear is on the s197?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I think lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT