Head lights have some play to them - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Head lights have some play to them

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. Put some new head lights on but they they don't feel secure. You can move them up with the hand even with the hood closes. They both have their little 2 tabs in place.

Is it the design of aftermarket lights? I don't recall my stockers having any play to them

Just want to make sure before i hit the highway daily.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
Wondering if anyone else has this problem. Put some new head lights on but they they don't feel secure. You can move them up with the hand even with the hood closes. They both have their little 2 tabs in place.

Is it the design of aftermarket lights? I don't recall my stockers having any play to them

Just want to make sure before i hit the highway daily.
I had the same problem with new aftermarket headlights and the driver side would jiggle up and down and cause my lights to look like they were going out, I had to put my stockers back on
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
I had the same problem with new aftermarket headlights and the driver side would jiggle up and down and cause my lights to look like they were going out, I had to put my stockers back on
My stockers got cloudy and I had a gift card laying around for a certain vendor. Ordered them and this is how they fit. I noticed early in the morning when the light flicker up and down on the street.

I doubt they can come off with the hood closed but it just made me nervous. Going to give it another try tomorrow and see if i can do anything.
They also have a noticeable gap from the front bumper and bottom of the light.
At least the car is black ugh
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post

My stockers got cloudy and I had a gift card laying around for a certain vendor. Ordered them and this is how they fit. I noticed early in the morning when the light flicker up and down on the street.

I doubt they can come off with the hood closed but it just made me nervous. Going to give it another try tomorrow and see if i can do anything.
They also have a noticeable gap from the front bumper and bottom of the light.
At least the car is black ugh
They won't come out or fall out but they will flicker and annoy you, I have no clue as to why this happened or why they don't fit snug either. Mine also had a noticeable gap under them
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you can't get a refund for crap parts my best guess is to buy some double sided foam tape. You can use it to stabilize the lights. Best of luck.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT