&$%&++ auto shops!* - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
&$%&++ auto shops!*

So I haven't been on here for a while and I thought I'd share with you guys my most recent horrible experience.... My air conditioner stopped working last winter so few months ago I decided to take it into the local shop for their AC service special..... After a few hours they call me and let me know my interior was a whopping 38 degrees and I'm ready to go....(just neededcharge).. Well when I got home and try to get out of the car my door wouldn't open! This is what I found

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130904_102058.png
Views:	205
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	127385

They lifted my car from the weak spots near the tires! I immediately took the car back and the shop owner let me know that he would have his body guys take care of it. His first words were "ahhh, well we have a new tech working here,we were trying 2 keep r eyes on him."....grrrrr
So after a week I got the vehicle back and they blended paint fairly well, but, overspray everywhere.... Hood ,roof, fenders, doorjams, everything now feels like sandpaper....Grrrrrrr!!!
I just now took it back to the shop and the owner followed me to the body shop where I pinpointed every single problem and now my car will hopefully be repaired next week....
Omg
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
At least they're not giving you a hard time about it, and seem to realize they're at fault. Could be worse man, just sayin'.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
At least they're not giving you a hard time about it, and seem to realize they're at fault. Could be worse man, just sayin'.
+1... Shop owner is definitely an honest good guy no complaints there just frustrated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post

+1... Shop owner is definitely an honest good guy no complaints there just frustrated
Totally understandable. Sounds like you were alot more level headed than i would've been, if i saw that on my car. Good luck with the fix man.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Same thing happened to me
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Shoula went dealer
Cornkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Got car back couple days ago...still has overspray, now electrical problems too and windowtint bubbling...seems to be a never-ending nightmare ...just called my insurance co.........grrrrrrr
Old 09-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have been in the body shop business for years. You need to call your local high line dealers in your area BMW Mercedes. Porsche and find out who the dealer refers there work to. These dealers will endorse a body shop due to the quality of work due to they are working on their customers 100k cars. At this point I would find a detail shop that clay bars and try and remove the overspray. You can get triple 000 steel wool and do the glass exterior yourself. If you have any questions PM me
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
I have been in the body shop business for years. You need to call your local high line dealers in your area BMW Mercedes. Porsche and find out who the dealer refers there work to. These dealers will endorse a body shop due to the quality of work due to they are working on their customers 100k cars. At this point I would find a detail shop that clay bars and try and remove the overspray. You can get triple 000 steel wool and do the glass exterior yourself. If you have any questions PM me
GoodAdvise..thanks
Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Things like this are a reason I avoid all shops except for a select few that are specialty performance shops.

Also you could have recharged your AC yourself in 5 minutes with a $20 can of R134 from any auto parts store...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Things like this are a reason I avoid all shops except for a select few that are specialty performance shops.

Also you could have recharged your AC yourself in 5 minutes with a $20 can of R134 from any auto parts store...
Yes, the R134 irony sunk in immediately, thanks 4 the reminder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT