Mystery continues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Mystery continues

Well went to go change my plugs and pulled them out to see that they were as clean as a dogs mouth. Therefore the fuel filter is clean as hell cause its obviously getting clean fuel to the plugs and injectors. So this leads to there having to be a damn leak somewhere!
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
What's going on?
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm having idling issues and I can't find what is causing it. My intake has been completely cleaned out and new parts added. Fuel system is perfect. Idk what it is. I can't seem to find a vacuum leak anywhere but I'm out of sorts on what it could be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_MUSTANG_V6 View Post
I'm having idling issues and I can't find what is causing it. My intake has been completely cleaned out and new parts added. Fuel system is perfect. Idk what it is. I can't seem to find a vacuum leak anywhere but I'm out of sorts on what it could be.
It's probably your IAC or clean your TPS and MAF
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I already did that man I said I cleaned out the intake area and replaced new parts
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Is it pulsating? Like when you're at a light and the car seems to be "breathing". The reason I asked that is because I had a car that was like that and I couldn't figure out what it was and a mechanic told me my coolant was worn. After it was replaced, everything went back to normal.
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Well went to go change my plugs and pulled them out to see that they were as clean as a dogs mouth. Therefore the fuel filter is clean as hell cause its obviously getting clean fuel to the plugs and injectors. So this leads to there having to be a damn leak somewhere!
Could be manifold leaking
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Clean ur iac it works wonders
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Could be an alternator goin bad.... just a thought really depends on what its doing. It could be a manifold leal or a clogged pcv valve. If you could do a smoke test you could find the leak faster rather than guessing at where it is.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Already had the alternator tested, new iac, new egr, cleaned the tb, maf, and pcv is fine. I just don't know what it could be. Idk if this has anything to do with it but... That slow ticking sound you hear when you shut your car off and the exhaust is cooling down, well I hear the same noise while driving. Could this be an exhausts old leak and could that be where I'm loosing my pressure or what?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

An exhaust leak could cause a misfire as well o2 would lean out on one bank and cause it to read different parameters and make it misfire. Any check engine light codes on at all?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
An exhaust leak could cause a misfire as well o2 would lean out on one bank and cause it to read different parameters and make it misfire. Any check engine light codes on at all?
No check engine light at all!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Okay I just got home and when I was slowing downt to pull in my drive way, I was rolling at about 45 mph and I pressed my clutch in and it completely stalled on me. But then it fired right back up. Please help I'm very worried...
Old 09-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay I just got home and when I was slowing downt to pull in my drive way, I was rolling at about 45 mph and I pressed my clutch in and it completely stalled on me. But then it fired right back up. Please help I'm very worried...
Only times that's happened to me was when my IAC was dirty, and when I popped a coupler off my throttle body.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Only times that's happened to me was when my IAC was dirty, and when I popped a coupler off my throttle body.
My iac is brand new too

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

The car runs strong. But when initial start up after it's already been running and web coming to a stop the rpms drop and wants to shut off. This is the first time it's actually shut off on me
Old 09-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Is there not a two wire plug that goes to the aic? Check to see if the pins are broke or if one of the wires is broken. If so it might act as if the aic is bad. Also I bought a new aic once and it went out in a week. I took it back and got a replacement for free. It wouldn't hurt to try another aic just to be sure.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I had idling issues and car would routinely stall out when alerting down and pushing clutch in just before coming to a stop.

Mine turned out to be a bad upstream o2 sensor, replaced both and idle is smooth and no more stalling when coming to a stop.

If you have the ability to data log, monitor o2 volts and stft, that's how I pinned mine down. O2 sensor was lazy, meaning volts weren't fluctuating like they should and my stft were all jacked up. Because if the lazy o2 sensor, fuel trims would go to total fuel cut off when slowing down but not bounce back up like they should resulting in stalling out when stopping.
FanOfSkynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well so far it turned out to be my tps sensor. It has been running tons smother and no more erratic idling or shutting off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT