Helloo gorgeous - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Helloo gorgeous

Just found his on cl for 500 and a termi block for 150 what do you guys think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2814768577.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	127529
Cornkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornkush View Post
Just found his on cl for 500 and a termi block for 150 what do you guys think?
Well you're looking at another $2K to get that blower to fit. I don't know if there's anything special about a terminator block
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Isn't the termi a cast iron block
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Really your block is just fine. The block isn'tthe weak point so really it's a low price but still got other parts that'll cost a lot.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The termi blocks were basically the same, only diference was the forged internals (8 bolt crank too, if your car has a romeo block). Now there was a slight difference in the timing covers and dowels and such, but you could still make it fit. I used a windsor timing cover on a romeo block and visa versa before. The problem is with the heads. The blower is made to fit 4V, not 2V. There is a company that makes and adapter for the M90 to fit 2V heads. But like stated before it'll cost a bit of money to get it on. Get a Roush kit or Vortech for around 3-4 grand (cheaper if you piece it together), if you want to get blown.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Really your block is just fine. The block isn'tthe weak point so really it's a low price but still got other parts that'll cost a lot.
Right, Rods and pistons are.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So the teksid blocks are the same?... Lol

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Last time I checked everybody they aren't. I posted this more for the price. Because everyone on here thinks they know it all yet hardly anyone can post a solid answer...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Ill just ask somebody I work with.. That's the problem with these forums.. Very few solid factual answers. More opinions. If I listened to everyone I would've totaled out my car instead of rebuilding it and actually learning something... It that's just another opion.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the teksid blocks are the same?... Lol

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Last time I checked everybody they aren't. I posted this more for the price. Because everyone on here thinks they know it all yet hardly anyone can post a solid answer...
What solid answer are you looking for? A Teskid block is an Aluminum block made by the same guys who make the Ferrari blocks, general consensus is they can handle 800-1000 horsepower as long as you have the internals to support it. The blower needs an adapter manifold made by Tork Tech to make it fit on a 2V.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Solid answer as in how many of you actually build these motors. Build a teskid block from scratch without paying for it all to be done for you. A solid answer on price of these parts I'm looking at compared to what others pay. Anybody that's posted build one ? Obviously ik the difference between motors and what will vs wont fit that was not the question...

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Lol 2k to make it fit... Ya good idea on a 2v only with 4g w/ 156k on the odo. Let me just do that to only begin spending more money rebuilding after it blows
Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Solid answer as in how many of you actually build these motors. Build a teskid block from scratch without paying for it all to be done for you. A solid answer on price of these parts I'm looking at compared to what others pay. Anybody that's posted build one ? Obviously ik the difference between motors and what will vs wont fit that was not the question...

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Lol 2k to make it fit... Ya good idea on a 2v only with 4g w/ 156k on the odo. Let me just do that to only begin spending more money rebuilding after it blows
Mos of the guys on here haven't built one, I know I haven't. Try to find a thread on the Corral or SVTP. There's a lot more info on one of those sites compared to this one. *****ing about it on here isn't gonna help you get an answer any faster than researching on your own will. I remember reading one thread on here about a member's teskid engine build, but I don't remember his username
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Sorry I didn't qoute the people asking about the blocks, but I assumed since they asked the question, they knew my comment was at them, it wasn't directed to you. And I have built plenty of 4.6's. In mine, in a few buddies, helped my buddy who has a shop... But to answer your question, no I don't think its that great pf a deal. Guys are selling M90's around me for 300-350. And the block isn't a bad price, but you could probably find a 2V 4.6 block cheaper. Both are iron blocks. Only aluminum blocks were in the previous Cobras.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

If you don't like the answers click yourself to google and research it.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
kind of pricey for that eaton...offer $150 less

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Ported eaton near me for $350

Old 09-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Cobra blocks are iron , aluminum are junk for supercharger applications

Teksid isn't in the 03-04
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The WAP aluminum blocks are still good blocks just not a strong as a Teksid block. I currently have a Teksid in my 04 GT which I am swapping to a V7 JT trim. I want to let you know that a iron block is just as good with forged internals because 98% of you guys are never gonna get over the 500 rwhp threshold with a 2v and a blower. I have spent the time and money getting to these power levels and now i am working on the 650-700 rwhp level. You gotta pay to play. If you have any questions PM me
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you will do

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT