White smoke - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
98mustang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
White smoke

My car recently started giving off a lot of white smoke when I first start it. I had a Performance Automatic transmission and recently blew it. I now have a stock transmission. I just bought spark plugs and cables. I have yet to put them on. Any idea what could be causing it to do this?
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
White smoke sometimes indicates water in the combustion chamber. Possible blown head gasket.
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
98mustang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
White smoke sometimes indicates water in the combustion chamber. Possible blown head gasket.
.

I did have a blown head gasket but had it fixed. I havent punched it lately. Could it be that my tune is out of whack.

sorry forgot to quote you
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98mustang_gt View Post
My car recently started giving off a lot of white smoke when I first start it. I had a Performance Automatic transmission and recently blew it. I now have a stock transmission. I just bought spark plugs and cables. I have yet to put them on. Any idea what could be causing it to do this?
White smoke is usually coolant ..

Head gasket blown
Intake manifold blown
Etc.
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
98mustang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
White smoke is usually coolant ..

Head gasket blown
Intake manifold blown
Etc.
Okay thanks. I just checked it and its filled with water instead of coolant. Could that be the issue?
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98mustang_gt View Post

Okay thanks. I just checked it and its filled with water instead of coolant. Could that be the issue?
No
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
98mustang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

No
I changed the spark plugs and cables. Also did a fuel injector flush and it solved the problem.
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:43 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.