400hp Please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
400hp Please

Hey guys I need ur help again. I have a 2002 mustang gt with 128000 miles on it and would like, no need, to get 400hp in the car.

All I'm asking is what what are the cheapest ways to get just get 400hp. This includes anything u can think of.

It's my daily driver and I would like it to last at least a few years so I can save up to fix it if something happens.

I really don't want to buy another car, infancy I want to keep this car for ever but to at least be satisfied for a long time I need 400hp.

I need ur guys help. If u guys can give me species instead of general things that would be much more appreciated. Thnx guys
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Blower for the power. Gonna need forged internals for reliability. Say goodbye to affordability.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I posted a link in your other thread on how to piece together a Vortech kit... that's gonna be your cheapest way to 400hp.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
To be honest just put full exhaust and cam it. It won't be 400hp but it'll be fun.
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I posted a link in your other thread on how to piece together a Vortech kit... that's gonna be your cheapest way to 400hp.
Ok so say I put that into the car I have now, will it last for a few years, and if my engine does blow can I just put this on the new engine? Other people are saying my engine is going to blow very soon if I install a supercharger.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking into it and ur post was very specific so I really appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
Blower for the power. Gonna need forged internals for reliability. Say goodbye to affordability.
Can u tell more about forged internals. Would it be cheaper then buying a new engine that can support 400hp or more
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nitrous
Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Its all in your tune. Ive had a friend who was making 505rwhp on a stock motor and beat on it all day everyday for almost 4 years till he up the boost and split the block. Its wise to build the motor and see what ever number you want. Theres deals out there for forged internals. I picked up a mmr 900 bottom end minus the crank for $960. People also part out their cars and you can pick up an entire motor for a steal. See atleast $1500 for a bottom end and about $3k for a new vortech v2 kit
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Boost er, our modulars love boost
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Blower plus full bolt ons. You're going to have to go forced induction
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake View Post
Its all in your tune. Ive had a friend who was making 505rwhp on a stock motor and beat on it all day everyday for almost 4 years till he up the boost and split the block. Its wise to build the motor and see what ever number you want. Theres deals out there for forged internals. I picked up a mmr 900 bottom end minus the crank for $960. People also part out their cars and you can pick up an entire motor for a steal. See atleast $1500 for a bottom end and about $3k for a new vortech v2 kit
Ok, just so I understand, all I need is a new bottom end and a vortech supercharger and I can have 400hp, or is there more to it. I know some who said they could look at my engine (by do compression tests, and other things I don't remember, to see if my engine can handle a supercharger. Should I bother with that or just get another bottom end.

I'm still new with cars so I don't know what makes up a bottom end.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well if you're new with cars you should probably learn more about a blower and what it requires to run safely. Your bottom end is your pistons, rods and crank strength. Lots of pressure in the cylinders can lead to fried rings and much more bad stuff. You can run centrifugal blowers with low boost and you will be fine but if you increase boost you'll need to build up your bottom end and lower your compression
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldnt even bother with that. The weak link in our motors are the rods and pistons. Thats what you would replace. Pistons rods rings bearings. All the compression test does is tell you if your rings are holding the compression in the cylinder. Hang out on svtperformance.com they have deals on there. I picked up a barely used vortech v3 si, complete return style fuel system and my bottom end for $5000. Just take your time to find deals and what you really want. Its taken me 5 years to get get this far and im no where near done.
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

So u both agree that I need to replace my bottom end to support the supercharger then get a vortech supercharger and that would put me at 400hp safely.

I'm still going to be doing more research. If I can get 400hp with then I will be looking a lot more into it
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Look up videos on YouTube of mustangs on dynos and they will usually list their mods to produce the numbers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT