No one understands! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
No one understands!

Ok so I bought my first car at the beginning of the summer and I'm proud to say it was a 2002 mustang gt with 124000 miles on it and its be a lot of fun, but every once and a while it stutters or jumps and it feels slower. And just recently the check engine light event on and I took it to my friend who can read the light

Ok so we find out its a misfiring in cylinder 8 so we change the spark plugs and it ran very storing and smooth, for a week -_-

So I keep driving and saved up to get it check by a mechanic but after a few days of my car shaking a jerking back in forth, it suddenly stops! again.

Anyway to make this long story short, I took it to the mechanic finally after many days of this happening on and off, and guess what there was nothing he could see that was wrong with it.

What do u guess think it is from ur experience.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would change all your plugs and your cool pack also if your using a high octain gas that your not tuned for it could happen aswell it happened on my gt another things change your fluids like collant ATF and your oils use synthetic,before you change oil use seafoam to clean it out and if your car dosnt stop them something's wrong with it internally or could be a computer i honestly dont know
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
@andre..his car has a cop system so its not like our sixxers..he has one coil pack for each cylinder. So unless they are all bad he would just need to track down which is bad and replace it.

@op...did your mechanic even mention the cops?

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Wow I had one and never knew thank you for informing me
And im surprised the mechanic cant tell you
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 09-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Ok so I bought my first car at the beginning of the summer and I'm proud to say it was a 2002 mustang gt with 124000 miles on it and its be a lot of fun, but every once and a while it stutters or jumps and it feels slower. And just recently the check engine light event on and I took it to my friend who can read the light

Ok so we find out its a misfiring in cylinder 8 so we change the spark plugs and it ran very storing and smooth, for a week -_-

So I keep driving and saved up to get it check by a mechanic but after a few days of my car shaking a jerking back in forth, it suddenly stops! again.

Anyway to make this long story short, I took it to the mechanic finally after many days of this happening on and off, and guess what there was nothing he could see that was wrong with it.

What do u guess think it is from ur experience.
Check to see if the spark plug you recently replaced fouled out again. Something might be wrong with the ignition system at some point that is making it foul out. Another good possibility is to change your fuel filter. If you say it feels slow, and is sputtering, perhaps its not getting enough gas. And, take it to a different mechanic and see what he says.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
+1 to the seafoam and the fuel filter. Make sure I have plenty of fuel pressure and clean filter and gas. If all of that checks out u know its highly likely an ignition issue and not fuel. Also have the injectors cleaned. Your Misfire in cylinder 8 may be due to a faulty injector
jhherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed I would also change filters like said above
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Pull number eight, inspect it. Google image search for spark plugs to see examples of plugs subjected to different faults. Change your fuel filter! Clean your throttle body and MAF. If you're feeling frisky, clean your IAC while you're at it. Your car probably just needs some TLC with those miles.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe its a dumb question however.....are u considering number 8 cylinder to be the driver side or passenger side. Reason i ask if i would suggest looking at the placement cause if its the passenger side its number 4 and it may be the heater hose nipple that sits right there by it. That could be leaking just a possibility
Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
Maybe its a dumb question however.....are u considering number 8 cylinder to be the driver side or passenger side. Reason i ask if i would suggest looking at the placement cause if its the passenger side its number 4 and it may be the heater hose nipple that sits right there by it. That could be leaking just a possibility
I been checking the passenger side because I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Pull number eight, inspect it. Google image search for spark plugs to see examples of plugs subjected to different faults. Change your fuel filter! Clean your throttle body and MAF. If you're feeling frisky, clean your IAC while you're at it. Your car probably just needs some TLC with those miles.

I had this problem before and the changed the spark plugs and it instantly stopped. Then a week later it happened again. Btw I really don't know much at all about cars and I'm constantly trying to learn so I have been going to my friend who's going to school to be a mechanic and have been watching him and trying to learn.

Anyway we switched the coils and the problem still occurred in cylinder 8. So then my friend saw my filter was dirty so we cleaned it and instantly it was better. But the next day it was doing that same ****.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I think ur right it just needs some TLC
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Im going with my guess is the heater hose nipple is leaking into cylinder 4
Old 09-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
Im going with my guess is the heater hose nipple is leaking into cylinder 4
What does that mean because when I turn off my car sometimes I here some thing leaking on the car and making that hissing noise around that cylinder but people are telling its just water but I usually never run my a/c
Old 09-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

It meand you have a coolant leak. The hissing is water touching the block or head. You hear it more when u slam the passenger door. Its not due to the ac. Its the hose on the intale manifold by cylinder 4 its a heater hose. The fitting is probably broken and u need a new intake manifold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT