How can a 2v beat an ls1? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
98mustang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
I have a 98 gt with a vortech supercharger, full exhaust, pi heads and upgraded fuel injectors. I have taken plenty of ls1s.
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
This thread makes me sad lol. What was Ford thinking powerwise on these 4.6s!?
Not really, my 4V has taken 2 LS1 camaros

And I just have a X pipe
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Nitrous is not necessarily cheaper. I have a little over 4k in my whole nitrous setup. 100 shot is baby stuff. 150+ or go home. Build your bottom end though.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Nitrous is not necessarily cheaper. I have a little over 4k in my whole nitrous setup. 100 shot is baby stuff. 150+ or go home. Build your bottom end though.
Not everyone can afford to build their bottom end , people have to work with what they have.
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #40
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Does that mean spray would be too much for my auto+4.10s?

N why o why couldn't ford put that damn 5.4 in the mustang??

But maybe if gm would have made a smaller v8 along with their LSx they wouldn't have had to stop making them n my car could have a challenge that's within my power range lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Does that mean spray would be too much for my auto+4.10s?

N why o why couldn't ford put that damn 5.4 in the mustang??

But maybe if gm would have made a smaller v8 along with their LSx they wouldn't have had to stop making them n my car could have a challenge that's within my power range lol
You can do a 75shot all day without hurting much ,
It ALL DEPENDS on your TUNE , I'm not talking about handheld tunes either

Just get a bigger fuel pump, some diff spark plugs , purge kit , nitrous kit , and a dyno tune.
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #42
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Not everyone can afford to build their bottom end , people have to work with what they have.
Which is what I'm doing! I don't wanna build just cuz everyone has those same mods. I like to choose my mods carefully n get opinions from u guys. I don't wanna add stuff that I'm gonna have to change out later.

I'm trying to build this beast of a car to my goal for it within a reasonable price n don't wanna work on another platform cuz I love MY car lol

/rant

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Having a proper (dyno) tune seems to be the most important part no matter route I choose.

Good stuff.
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
This thread makes me sad lol. What was Ford thinking powerwise on these 4.6s!?
They were thinking, "HOT DAMN!!!!! These cars are selling great to the Nurses, Secretaries, and School teachers who are actually buying them brand new at the dealerships... If the Hot rod guys want more, they can buy a Cobra."
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

They were thinking, "HOT DAMN!!!!! These cars are selling great to the Nurses, Secretaries, and School teachers who are actually buying them brand new at the dealerships... If the Hot rod guys want more, they can buy a Cobra."
Exactly why they made the mach 1 & cobras lol to back up the GTs
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Not everyone can afford to build their bottom end , people have to work with what they have.
Well dont spray then. Thats thagt. Even with a 75 shot on a 2v. A cammed bolton ls1 will take it.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,211
For reference, my Z28 (6spd with 3.42 rear gear) with full exhaust, lid and tune made 335rwhp and 350lbs ft.

With exhaust, lid, LS6 intake, LS6 heads, MS3 cam and tune it made 436rwhp @ 6300 and 403lbs ft @ 4900 on motor.

On a 150 shot, it put down 588rwhp and 649lbs ft.

Not trying to start anything, just providing some real world info so you know what you might be getting yourself into.

For nitrous, you will need colder plugs, window switch, blow down tube, bottle heater and blanket (to keep bottle pressure between 950 - 1050), purge, nitrous and fuel solenoids, jets, nitrous bottle, a wideband O2 (for monitoring) and a solid TUNE.

I typically pay $30 - $40 to fill a 10lb bottle.

Also, I have yet to come across a 4.6 2v/3v that I couldn't pull away from on motor. Forced induction or spray, they have never been much of a challenge. I know some are out there, just haven't had the pleasure of finding them.

A 4.6 4v however, can be a different story.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #47
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
For reference, my Z28 (6spd with 3.42 rear gear) with full exhaust, lid and tune made 335rwhp and 350lbs ft.

With exhaust, lid, LS6 intake, LS6 heads, MS3 cam and tune it made 436rwhp @ 6300 and 403lbs ft @ 4900 on motor.

On a 150 shot, it put down 588rwhp and 649lbs ft.

Not trying to start anything, just providing some real world info so you know what you might be getting yourself into.

For nitrous, you will need colder plugs, window switch, blow down tube, bottle heater and blanket (to keep bottle pressure between 950 - 1050), purge, nitrous and fuel solenoids, jets, nitrous bottle, a wideband O2 (for monitoring) and a solid TUNE.

I typically pay $30 - $40 to fill a 10lb bottle.

Also, I have yet to come across a 4.6 2v/3v that I couldn't pull away from on motor. Forced induction or spray, they have never been much of a challenge. I know some are out there, just haven't had the pleasure of finding them.

A 4.6 4v however, can be a different story.
Nice bro. I'm thinking the dude around me might be closer to your 335rwhp range.
Not saying that's what he has but he's a youngster on a budget. So ill assume he has all that just to get a starting point lol.

I know I'm not even in the same class as him but I like a challenge

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post

Nice bro. I'm thinking the dude around me might be closer to your 335rwhp range.
Not saying that's what he has but he's a youngster on a budget. So ill assume he has all that just to get a starting point lol.

I know I'm not even in the same class as him but I like a challenge
And what is a "lid"? I know it's a free mod for a camaro but not exactly sure what it is
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
And what is a "lid"? I know it's a free mod for a camaro but not exactly sure what it is
It's basically a higher flowing lid that sits on the air filter.

Basically air gets sucked in from the bottom, gets funneled into the airbox thing, goes straight up into the filter and through the filter into the lid, lid into intake. It's a very direct setup.

__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
That's why I like the LS heads cam you make 400 horse. Even though the coyote make that stock mod for mod LS makes it better than the 2v/3v
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #50
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
That's why I like the LS heads cam you make 400 horse. Even though the coyote make that stock mod for mod LS makes it better than the 2v/3v
Yea the coyote makes that much power but its also a 10 year newer engine lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Full bolt on, suspension, j mod and a stall, sticky tires and those 4.10s you shouldn't have a problem with that particular ls. Cant say the same for some others, those damn things aren't no joke and absolutely haaaaaaate being beaten by a 4.6 of any kind lol. That's when the excuses come to play.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
You and your jmod ^ lol
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #53
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
I don't think 04 stangs need a jmod
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,605
Parts of the jmod help the 4r75w but is not as big a deal as it is on the 4r70w.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Well either way a shift kit helps lol. Sorry. I just did a j mod for some dude running around town calling everyone out then he got spanked at the track lol. Now that hes got gears and the j mod hes calling everyone out again. Smh. And I guess i got the OPs car mixed up with someone else's from another post lol
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #56
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea the coyote makes that much power but its also a 10 year newer engine lol
The LS engines were way ahead of their time and still hold up seeing as the LS3 is really just a bigger displacement LS1. Nothing really has changed at all... hell an older C5 Z06 is what 405hp right off the bat? That is a badass budget (sort of) car that can approach supercar territory with not a terribly large amount of cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Well either way a shift kit helps lol. Sorry. I just did a j mod for some dude running around town calling everyone out then he got spanked at the track lol. Now that hes got gears and the j mod hes calling everyone out again. Smh. And I guess i got the OPs car mixed up with someone else's from another post lol
Dude like that will get his *** handed to him again. Why associate or do work for an asshat like that? I guess if he pays you...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The LS engines were way ahead of their time and still hold up seeing as the LS3 is really just a bigger displacement LS1. Nothing really has changed at all... hell an older C5 Z06 is what 405hp right off the bat? That is a badass budget (sort of) car that can approach supercar territory with not a terribly large amount of cash.
The LS6 (C5 Z06, 04-05 CTS-V) had 385/385 it's first year (2001), then 405/400 after that.

The LS2 was basically just a bored out LS1 with LS6 heads. The LS3 is basically a bored out LS2 with much better heads.

Also, an LS3 is capable of 500rwhp with full exhaust, cold air, cam and tune. My friends 5th gen Camaro put down 502rwhp with those mods. On the same dyno (my car was also on this dyno), 5.0 Mustangs with cold air, full exhaust and tune are averaging about 410rwhp.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

The LS engines were way ahead of their time and still hold up seeing as the LS3 is really just a bigger displacement LS1. Nothing really has changed at all... hell an older C5 Z06 is what 405hp right off the bat? That is a badass budget (sort of) car that can approach supercar territory with not a terribly large amount of cash.

Dude like that will get his *** handed to him again. Why associate or do work for an asshat like that? I guess if he pays you...
It was strictly because i made $800 for installing the gears and doing the j mod. I cant stand that guy lol. Sold his supercharged civic that was running 19s (not joking) for an 02 gt vert. Still hangs around all his ricer friends and even asked me how much it would be to "install vtec". He's 17 and one of "those" guys.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhherndon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 147
Lol how much to install vtec
__________________
2004 Mustang GT
Sonic Blue Auto w/ Full Bolt On's
Quarter Mile - ?? Never Run
jhherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhherndon View Post
Lol how much to install vtec
I told him to take it to a shop from now on after he asked that so yeah. Im glad he hasn't put a gay ground effects kit and neons all over it, who's to say it won't happen but yeah lol. Actually chose some nice wheels for it though. 17x9 fr500 in front and 17x10.5 out back black chrome. He's talking about moving to Houston to go to UTI because he dropped out and got his Good Enough Diploma last year. Hopefully he won't be around here too much longer.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhherndon View Post
Lol how much to install vtec
LMAO

I will gladly install VTEC on any of you guy's cars, in exchange for two "fart can" mufflers and a pair of balls to hang off my rear bumper.
And some stickers, of course...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

LMAO

I will gladly install VTEC on any of you guy's cars, in exchange for two "fart can" mufflers and a pair of balls to hang off my rear bumper.
And some stickers, of course...
Nothing wrong with Hondas , I've been beaten by them before , and won't be the last time
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Nothing wrong with Hondas , I've been beaten by them before , and won't be the last time
I got walked by one recently when I missed third...Embarrassing

But it was an Acura. Lol

They're definitely out there...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post

I got walked by one recently when I missed third...Embarrassing

But it was an Acura. Lol

They're definitely out there...
Oh no.. I'm talking about cammed/built/tubro ones ..

Got a couple out here
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Oh no.. I'm talking about cammed/built/tubro ones ..

Got a couple out here
Lol. Me too
It was WAY too f'n fast to be N/A...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhherndon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 147
I just get a kick out of the damn vtec thing but its true they are out there and we all have to give credit when credit is do. We used to have a guy around here with a 03 sixer and he told everyone on high school it ran 11s. Mods were an intake and a chain license plate that said admit it. You couldn't help but laugh at that fool
__________________
2004 Mustang GT
Sonic Blue Auto w/ Full Bolt On's
Quarter Mile - ?? Never Run
jhherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
98mustang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhherndon View Post
I just get a kick out of the damn vtec thing but its true they are out there and we all have to give credit when credit is do. We used to have a guy around here with a 03 sixer and he told everyone on high school it ran 11s. Mods were an intake and a chain license plate that said admit it. You couldn't help but laugh at that fool
I've ran against plenty of vtechs. I've never been beaten by one but they're fast for what they are.
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhherndon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 147
True to that my friend. ^
__________________
2004 Mustang GT
Sonic Blue Auto w/ Full Bolt On's
Quarter Mile - ?? Never Run
jhherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,605
Lol install VTEC. You should have told him you'd do it for $100 and then when he picked it up I guarantee he'd come back saying "yeah there is definitely a difference now".

But there are some no **** fast imports out there and I'm not talking about a Supra or anything. Hell, most Supras can't even get out of their own way off the line and won't race you but from a roll. Trapping 130mph and running a high 11 lol.

As for the LS motors vs the modulars. NA for NA there is no comparison, you will never equal one even with the 5.0 Coyote. The Coyote might be doing more with less but when the mods start happening the LS gets ridiculous. Now when forced induction comes into play... hell even a simple 2V modular can make stupid amounts of power. Ported PI heads, blower cams and a good forced induction setup and you're making upwards and over 700whp. Not much will touch you with a little weight reduction and a nice suspension setup. Biggest problem with the Camaros and the S197s is that they weigh a ton. One reason I love the 79-04 fox platform. Light, simple as hell, effective with the right mods and cheap.

Hell I'm still sometimes considering turning my 98 into my DD and then getting something nicer to keep in the garage. A C5 Vette with the LS1 would be right up there on the short list. You can get stock, garage kept, old man driven ones for not very much money. Threads like this make me start doing math with money I don't have hahaha.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Obviously you have never been to houston. Bc there are more supras out there that will embarrass everything on this fourom.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:52 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.