How can a 2v beat an ls1? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Have not, around here the ones I see are dyno/garage queens. The few I have seen were BPUs and trapping really high speeds but not running the greatest times.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Have not, around here the ones I see are dyno/garage queens. The few I have seen were BPUs and trapping really high speeds but not running the greatest times.
Yes there is a handful just like you mentioned. But there is also a crap load all making north of 1100 hp. All running on e85.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

There pretty nasty. Go check out 1320 video youbtube page. Tx2k13.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've seen fast as **** ones on the youtube before, was not aware that there was a glut of them down there. They are rare as hell to even see one up here. Also we are utterly devoid of e85 in this state.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've seen fast as **** ones on the youtube before, was not aware that there was a glut of them down there. They are rare as hell to even see one up here. Also we are utterly devoid of e85 in this state.
Yes you would be surprised. The street scene in houston is insane. My 700 hp nitrous coyote, does not make a dent in some of the dailys out here.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Lol there are a TON of supras north of 800whp that arent afraid to lay some rubber in Texas. That's why I always laughed when Street outlaws came on. OKC has the fastest street cars in the nation my ***.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

The only supers in my town has 900hp so yea only super cars run with that and they still loose

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Supra*
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
We got a few cars around here that I know of making 1100 supra a viper and a Lexus swapped with a supra motor.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #78
Road Trip!

Region: California
So I read the trick flow heads with stage 2 cam n supporting mods can make up to 330-340rwhp n/a. How do u think these would do against an ls1?. What about with a port n polish job?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
So I read the trick flow heads with stage 2 cam n supporting mods can make up to 330-340rwhp n/a. How do u think these would do against an ls1?. What about with a port n polish job?
Isn't that more expensive than to go F/I though?
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #80
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post

Isn't that more expensive than to go F/I though?
Depends on which FI route, those heads and cams will probably cost $3k

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #81
Road Trip!

I think it would be cool to get #'s like that all motor! But with h/c u don't risk engine failure as much right?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #82
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I think it would be cool to get #'s like that all motor! But with h/c u don't risk engine failure as much right?

I always laugh at the whole "cool to get those numbers all motor". Its cool... until you roll up next to someone who spent as much or less money than you on a supercharger and is making 100 more hp at the wheels... And is also retaining bone stock drivability and gas mileage too.

As far as engine failure... its all in the tune. A properly tuned supercharged motor will last a long time as long as you take care of it and aren't stupid. Yeah more stuff will break because of more power but that would be the case either way.

And as far as NA vs blown on the Modulars... it isn't even a question that needs to be asked. Our motors REQUIRE boost, period, end of story. Pushrod guys are the ones that have the luxury of dropping in a big cube stroker and making 500-600whp all motor with pump gas without really breaking a sweat. One reason why I have zero clue as to why the 94/95 cars aren't more popular. Updated body/interior over the fox and the pushrod driveline.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #83
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:

I always laugh at the whole "cool to get those numbers all motor". Its cool... until you roll up next to someone who spent as much or less money than you on a supercharger and is making 100 more hp at the wheels... And is also retaining bone stock drivability and gas mileage too.

As far as engine failure... its all in the tune. A properly tuned supercharged motor will last a long time as long as you take care of it and aren't stupid. Yeah more stuff will break because of more power but that would be the case either way.

And as far as NA vs blown on the Modulars... it isn't even a question that needs to be asked. Our motors REQUIRE boost, period, end of story. Pushrod guys are the ones that have the luxury of dropping in a big cube stroker and making 500-600whp all motor with pump gas without really breaking a sweat. One reason why I have zero clue as to why the 94/95 cars aren't more popular. Updated body/interior over the fox and the pushrod driveline.
+1 +1 and +1 I'd love a 94-95 but there all just trashed around here
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #84
Road Trip!

What do u mean by "driveability"? What's so undriveable about it? What's makes it bad? Those heads allow u to rev higher I assume but that doesn't u have to shift at 6050 or 7k or w/e

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

N no need to get all defensive lol I'm just throwing ideas around for discussion sake
Old 09-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #86
Road Trip!

Also now that I think about it if heads effect drivability what about ppl with patriot heads? Port n polished pi heads? Is the streetability in their cars gone too? Or is it just these specific heads ur talking about??
Old 09-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #87
Road Trip!

Ok so before this thread dies and I was reading around. So the tfs heads will give me top end power while sacrificing low end torque, thus decreasing streetability. So wouldn't my 4.10 gears more than make up for it? Would this make it street able again?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #88
Staff
Regular
Staff

Again, NA you will NEVER be able to touch a LS1. I mean you might spend $thousands and beat one... Then the LS1 owner spends not very much money and is faster again.

In the modular world its boost or GTFO. Honestly is you want big NA power its time to move to pushrod land.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #89
Road Trip!

Quote:
Again, NA you will NEVER be able to touch a LS1. I mean you might spend $thousands and beat one... Then the LS1 owner spends not very much money and is faster again.

In the modular world its boost or GTFO. Honestly is you want big NA power its time to move to pushrod land.
I already understand that last part n that last post was not about the ls1 race but just wondering about heads in general
Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #90
Staff
Regular
Staff

A lot of drivability is in the tune and the cams you get.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #91
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
tHIS QUESTION IS EASY .... at a car show.. Camaro is an ugly ****ing car
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #92
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
tHIS QUESTION IS EASY .... at a car show.. Camaro is an ugly ****ing car
That's always what I say when people ask why I got a "god awful slow 2v". Cause it's sexy AF

HID end all thread
Old 09-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That's always what I say when people ask why I got a "god awful slow 2v". Cause it's sexy AF
^ well said my friend !

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #94
Road Trip!

Is there a cam (blower or n/a) that will get me to 350 to the wheels or around n/a.?

Blower already planned

This is with full bolt ons
Old 10-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Is there a cam (blower or n/a) that will get me to 350 to the wheels or around n/a.? Blower already planned This is with full bolt ons
No.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #96
ME Bloodhound
Staff

If you want to beat an LS1 you should swap in an LS3

HID end all thread
Old 10-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you want to beat an LS1 you should swap in an LS3
Or be dedicated and buy a SC with supporting mods. I haven't met one who can beat me
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #98
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98mustang_gt View Post
Or be dedicated and buy a SC with supporting mods. I haven't met one who can beat me
Then you need to get out more.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #99
Road Trip!

Quote:

Then you need to get out more.
Haha zzzzzziiiiinnnnngggggg! *

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Is it reasonable to believe ill be hovering 300 ~310 with bolt ons/cams?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #100
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Haha zzzzzziiiiinnnnngggggg! *

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Is it reasonable to believe ill be hovering 300 ~310 with bolt ons/cams?
With a good tune yes and I don't mean a mail order tune. Also Bama won't tune for cams...

You could do a blower for near the same price as a pair of cams installed and make 400whp though. Just saying. Although if you can find a deal on a set of cams used for $300 and then do the install yourself its a good upgrade.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #101
Road Trip!

Yeah I know about the s/c already ppl on this forum won't let me forget it. It doesn't matter WHAT I'm asking about it always comes back to that lol

But it does always end up being the best option tho
Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #102
Road Trip!

Quote:

With a good tune yes and I don't mean a mail order tune. Also Bama won't tune for cams...

You could do a blower for near the same price as a pair of cams installed and make 400whp though. Just saying. Although if you can find a deal on a set of cams used for $300 and then do the install yourself its a good upgrade.
Oh and yeah the reason I'm asking is because I DID find a set of stage 2 comps someone was selling for 300. And install would be done free by my brother who has done this stuff a bunch of times
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #103
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd jump on that deal but make sure he PROPERLY degrees them when he installs them. Also might have to install those 270s a few degrees retarded to clear, maybe not. Its VERY close with stock pistons/heads and Comp 270s. And then a $600 dyno tune on top of that.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #104
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Oh and yeah the reason I'm asking is because I DID find a set of stage 2 comps someone was selling for 300. And install would be done free by my brother who has done this stuff a bunch of times
**** if you don't buy those I will lol

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT