1996 Mustang gt 248a? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
1996 Mustang gt 248a?

I was recently told i had a "rare" Mustang.. im trying to find out more about it but im not sure about how to go about it other than Ask! so its a white 96 gt.. was told it was 248a and it has a stripe down the side of it...i was told that the dealer put the stripe on it which makes it worth even more ....its also an automatic .. was told there was but a about 50 of those made.. idk... so just tell me what u guys know ... or tell me if what i need to tell yall.. if you guys dont mind helping me out Thanks!
lilhelyan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Never heard of it. The stripe wouldn't increase the value of it. Looked at you're pics and looks like a regular gt
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
yeah looks like a normal GT it's nice though congratulations on the mustang
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #4

Thanks Guys. it is pretty sharp! . i will give yall more details about what i was told shortly.. when the guy calls me back. i didnt want to post all that i was told without having it all rite.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

so hear is what I learned from the wonderful world of Google in 1995 Ford came out with a striped down bare minimum GT called the GTS. this had cloth seats not leather, crank windows not power and no Mach stereo system. and no spoiler, but did have a little bump in horse power off the floor. in 1996 they renamed this package to the 248a there where not many made so yes the car is rare. I could not find anything about a sticker adding price to the car maybe if it was added on from the factory but not a dealership. and some one has also added the spoiler on to yours if this is the case. but for me its not about how rare the car is its about having fun with it and enjoying the car
Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #6

ok so u found out more than i did from the world wide web.. lol this is also what i was told.. from this mustang expert...that he says he is... he said as it sits... its worth 10 grand.. and if i put it up and little by little put all the stock parts back on it.. it would be worth 30 grand.. this part i was skeptical of of course... since i only paid 2 grand for it myself... after some work on it about (5 grand) worth of work.. now the oil pump is goin out leaving me stranded on the rd and also it is makin a noise.. i call it a winding type noise and i was told it was the timing chain... and was told i just needed to get rid of it... so i have been trying to sell it for only 3,200.. but folks down here in alabama dont want to pay that... they think that is to High! do you think it is worth 3,200? and if its a rare car... im thinkin of just keeping it despite of what im being told... lol
Old 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I would say keep put the work into that needs to be done and have fun with it but also at the same time I walked away from a 95 GTS because I wanted power windows leather seats and all that stuff. so its really up to you.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
if the 'expert' claims it's worth 10G's as-is, with the stock parts bumping it up to 30, then i'd suggest selling it to him for 10 with all the parts. Take that $$ and get something this century lol
Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #9

always got to be a smart one in the bunch... and... if i wanted something in this century i would have it.. the facts are i like older cars.. so.. i was inquiring about the car i have to see if anyone knew anything about it... thanks for ur input tho. helped tons.... and all u other guys thanks for actually helping me
Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhelyan76 View Post
always got to be a smart one in the bunch... and... if i wanted something in this century i would have it.. the facts are i like older cars.. so.. i was inquiring about the car i have to see if anyone knew anything about it... thanks for ur input tho. helped tons.... and all u other guys thanks for actually helping me
No problem any time
Old 09-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Quote:
good grief, take a joke dude.

Point was, the guy's telling you that a stripped down GTS is somehow worth upwards of thirty thousand dollars if intact, and my 'suggestion' was take him up on his offer. A fool and his money are soon parted.

But yeah, "you're welcome" i suppose...
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're going to need to be a little more "thick skinned" than that, on here...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
+1 maybe one 15-20 years it will be worth that today, no
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

+1 maybe one 15-20 years it will be worth that today, no
Agree they may be rare but all people are gonna see its a stripped down gt nothing special entail the sn95 body's are hard to find maybe in 15-20 years like sixpac said
Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i don't think it's a real GTS....every GTS i've ever seen has a shaved spoiler to keep the stripped down look from front to back. Clean car though...happy to see a mostly unmolested sn95

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When people see a clean SN-95 they seem to really take notice to it. I think that they have reached the age where they are old enough so that a lot are just a POS and a clean one stands out.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
When people see a clean SN-95 they seem to really take notice to it. I think that they have reached the age where they are old enough so that a lot are just a POS and a clean one stands out.
Also true it seems like a lot of them are just very unkept paint peeling
Old 09-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Its called a joke... also the fact that you seem to believe this "expert" about the car being worth $10k as is... no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Doofenshmirtz View Post
good grief, take a joke dude.

Point was, the guy's telling you that a stripped down GTS is somehow worth upwards of thirty thousand dollars if intact, and my 'suggestion' was take him up on his offer. A fool and his money are soon parted.

But yeah, "you're welcome" i suppose...
Lol beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Internets... thick skin or GTFO. Hell, go fire up an online shooter game... you'll get told your mom loves reverse cowgirl anal about 10 times a minute by 13 yr olds.

Quote:
^This. I get looks all the time in my 98. They are at an age where 99.9% of 94-98 cars are just beat to **** and when a nice one with shiny paint rolls around it turns heads.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Its called a joke... also the fact that you seem to believe this "expert" about the car being worth $10k as is... no...

Lol beat me to it.

Internets... thick skin or GTFO. Hell, go fire up an online shooter game... you'll get told your mom loves reverse cowgirl anal about 10 times a minute by 13 yr olds.

^This. I get looks all the time in my 98. They are at an age where 99.9% of 94-98 cars are just beat to **** and when a nice one with shiny paint rolls around it turns heads.
What the hell people? All I wanted was opinions on what y'all thought... because this is a mustang forum... guess I should of chose somewhere else to write... my question didn't have a damn thing to do with being thick skinned or anything
And my the way I'm not a dude. I'm a grown woman... that just needed opinions and advice on something I didn't know anything about ... I really did come to the wrong place... didn't know I would get answers from a bunch of immature little boys ... My bad! If someone knows how to delete this forum post ... please do so! Ridiculous...
Old 09-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

What the hell people? All I wanted was opinions on what y'all thought... because this is a mustang forum... guess I should of chose somewhere else to write... my question didn't have a damn thing to do with being thick skinned or anything
And my the way I'm not a dude. I'm a grown woman... that just needed opinions and advice on something I didn't know anything about ... I really did come to the wrong place... didn't know I would get answers from a bunch of immature little boys ... My bad! If someone knows how to delete this forum post ... please do so! Ridiculous...
Thanks Mom
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well,... I never!!!

I quite assure you, Madame, that we are not a "bunch of immature little boys" on here.
You had your question answered ,in detail, by some very knowledgeable people . For free, I might add.
If you can't take a little "good natured ribbing", which we do, by the way, to break up the monotony of the, "Someone told me that some cheap, dealer added, stripes, will increase the value of my car by 25 grand, is that true?" questions that we get on here... PLEASE!!
You're right. This isn't the place for you...

Have a good day Lil...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #22

Ur name says it all obviously .... just saying ...
Old 09-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
THIS X1000000000000!!!!!!!

I see the crappiest sn95 on my street. I'm talking about bumpers falling off every body part a different color etc. and recently a black one with shiniest paint job and the cleanest tan interior I've ever seen started parking here. I swear my jaw dropped to the floor!

Head turners for sure
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think a lot of people need to relax...as for deleting anything from this thread no rules have been broken so I'm gonna leave things be. Hope the info you received about your car helps. You may want to look into it some more though because I don't recall GTS models having a spoiler.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
I think a lot of people need to relax...as for deleting anything from this thread no rules have been broken so I'm gonna leave things be. Hope the info you received about your car helps. You may want to look into it some more though because I don't recall GTS models having a spoiler.
Neither do I that's why I said that prob after market along with the sticker

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
1996 mustang