plugs and pcv valve help TUNE UP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
plugs and pcv valve help TUNE UP

Hey I have never changed plugs on a car with coil on plugs before..
couple of questions... on the cops do you just take that old bolt out and pull with force to remove the boot then just change the plugs like any other plugs then just push the cops back down tighten the bolt and done.... and where is the pcv valve located on these mustangs and how does someone go about changing it.... anything else recommended for a tune up... I was told check the boots.. how do you know if they need changing or not and how do you do it .. I know this seems like a noob question but im sure this would be a very important thread for anyone looking to do some maintence to a tune up to there mustang... any reply is appreciated. post issues you have come across and recommendations as well
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
Hey I have never changed plugs on a car with coil on plugs before..
couple of questions... on the cops do you just take that old bolt out and pull with force to remove the boot then just change the plugs like any other plugs then just push the cops back down tighten the bolt and done.... and where is the pcv valve located on these mustangs and how does someone go about changing it.... anything else recommended for a tune up... I was told check the boots.. how do you know if they need changing or not and how do you do it .. I know this seems like a noob question but im sure this would be a very important thread for anyone looking to do some maintence to a tune up to there mustang... any reply is appreciated. post issues you have come across and recommendations as well
That's correct, remove the bolt, wiggle it a bit, and take the spark plug out as you would in any other car. Haven't replaced my pcv valve so can't really say anything there. I'm sure a quick google search will help you locate/replace it.

You should also check your oil, oil filter, tranny fluid, air filter, fuel filter, and do a radiator flush. Some basics that should be checked regularly.
SonicBlueRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT