No power to starter solenoid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Region: Indiana
No power to starter solenoid

My 99 gt won't crank. I'm stumped.. It's got power up to the clutch switch but then at the relay in the distribution box there is no power going to the switch. I'm thinking maybe it's the pats system, maybe the key needs reprogrammed. But the theft light come on when I turn the key on but then it goes off and stays off. Anyone have any suggestions? It's not a bad power or ground because I can jump power to the solenoid wire and it cranks. Thanks for any input.

Jesshawk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Maybe its a blown fuse? Fuse is what sends power to the relay to the starter...... could be a fusible link as well. Start simple it cranks when power is direct meaning somewhere in the circuit to the starting system you have no power
1996 Mustang GT, 17x9 front and 17x10.5 cobra r replica rims, 255/40/17 front 285/40/17 rear at the moment,
o/r x-pipe flow master 40 series dump downs, cai/ram intake, 75mm c&l throttle body and plenum, pi heads and intake swap, msd wires, stock gears, untuned at the moment, no dyno numbers for now.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT