4v project for next year - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
4v project for next year

Next year i want to build a project car.its going to be a dd/show and a couple times a month drag car.i already knows its going to cost alot but if this job falls through ill be making more than what I am now.anyways how it is so bare with me since it'll be long.at first i was going to upgrade my 2010gt but after some thinking i don't think it's smart to doing major upgrades since I'm paying on it.others would disagree but that's me.therefore I'm going to buy a well conditioned 2004 gt upgrade full suspension rims/tires some minor interior work trans swap but want to concentrate on the motor first and formost.now most ppl would also say just buy a cobra motor or cobra at that.one i don't want to deal with another car payment.plus o dont want thats been beat up already.im going to get a forged motor from mmr.my question is what heads/cams do i need to make it cobra motor?i want to put a kb make atleast 550-600 streetable car as well.but what do I need to make it sound and be as strong or stronger cobra motor?what electrical things do i need?any suggestions

And please no smart a** comments either which again this is a project car that I want to do for myself
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Pics or it didnt happen ---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ---------- Jk man. Id forge the 2v and build it. You can get 700hp with a forged boosted 2v. 2v parts are cheaper than 4v parts and easier to find. Just get a good forged rotating assembly, ported PI heads and an edelbrock intake if you plan on going over 600 and boost the piss out of it (turbo is better) and get a nice built auto. There are no shortcuts and not cheap for big power and somewhat reliability. Buy quality parts and take your time building correctly. Good luck with build!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Pics or it didnt happen ---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ---------- Jk man. Id forge the 2v and build it. You can get 700hp with a forged boosted 2v. 2v parts are cheaper than 4v parts and easier to find.
There are no shortcuts and not cheap for big power and somewhat reliability. Buy quality parts and take your time building correctly. Good luck with build!
Haha.oh trust its going to happen.so it's better to go that route then?i want to buy a brand new motor if course forged internals.and I'm sure it's better to just get a gt with a motor and build from there but idk I guess to me i don't want sloppy seconds(no offense)from someone who's already beat it up.i want to be te first and only person to beat it up from the start ya know.so lets say i get the short block.where do I look for the heads and other neccessary parts i need for the build.oh and as far as cams go i don't want bugs time cams probably stage 1 but I want to hear more of the puurr of the exhaust.preference I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Blower cams too* forgot about that.
And idk if it would be the best or not but its a good route to go.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
The best thing to do is look up a write-up on a 2V to 4V swap to see what sort of electrical things you will need to do. There's a great write-up in the stickies section on the whole swap if you wanna look there to get a general idea on what you need to do
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Blower cams too* forgot about that.
And idk if it would be the best or not but its a good route to go.
But what and where can I get these parts?and only reason I want to this project is because I'm going to be trading my current car for another dd car to lower my payment and have extra for personal expenses.this car kills me but just doesn't sound as sexy as the 2v and 4v does.i know the look I'm going for buts its the speed that I want to achieve.just don't know much about whats needed as far top end

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
The best thing to do is look up a write-up on a 2V to 4V swap to see what sort of electrical things you will need to do. There's a great write-up in the stickies section on the whole swap if you wanna look there to get a general idea on what you need to do
Oh yea forgot to read up on that.guess most of concentrations is the motor itself.i want a good strong motor that won't flop and can handle over 500.definatly want a kb though
Old 09-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Mmr has good parts from what I've heard as does lethal performance.
Id get the hellion turbo kit from AM with the discount code and sell the hellion turbo and upgrade to a precision turbo.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mmr has good parts from what I've heard as does lethal performance.
Id get the hellion turbo kit from AM with the discount code and sell the hellion turbo and upgrade to a precision turbo.
Never really had interests in turbos.dont get me wrong just doesn't interest.centries and kbs all the way.so it's better to build a 2v than a 4v then.either way they both sound the best.if anyone is reading please feel free to chime in.any advice or suggestions is welcome for my project.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: California
I have an 04 gt and Im starting to build mine too. Im gonna follow this thread to see how it goes
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
If you want a 4v then go with it. Yes it is more expensive but if you plan on doing this as a long term project just do it piece by piece and drive the 2v til you get exactly what you want motor wise. Build drive train first then go from there.
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT