Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Supercharger

Right now I have a vortech supercharger. How much of a difference will a kenne bell make?
Mods:
Vortech supercharger
PI heads
NGK tr6 spark plugs
Ford Racing Wires
Long tube headers
Fuel injectors
93oct tune
Auto trans
98mustang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Zero on overall power. Spend your money on a good aftermarket stall converter for your auto if you don't have one already and do the J-mod. Will probably knock a whole second off your 1/4 time and I'm not even kidding. If your auto is stock that is.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Zero on overall power. Spend your money on a good aftermarket stall converter for your auto if you don't have one already and do the J-mod. Will probably knock a whole second off your 1/4 time and I'm not even kidding. If your auto is stock that is.
It is the stock auto trans now. Blew the performance automatic transmission. Around how much do you think the stall converter and J-mod would cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
J-mod is $60 worth of valve body gaskets and rill bits and you do it yourself. Get on youtube and type in "j-mod tccoa" without the quotes and it'll be the first video, about 20 minutes long.

For a good converter, Dirty Dog, PI, Freakshow... there are more than a few good ones. I've seen a bolt on 2V automatic with a j-mod drop almost half a second just by switching to a 3500rpm stall. Your suspension will have a lot to do with your times as well. You can be making 400whp with that supercharger and have a nice trans but if you have a crappy suspension setup you won't do very well. From your avatar it looks like you are running 18s which means probably 35 sidewalls. Get a set of ET streets on some weld wheels for the track if you don't have them already. Subframes are mandatory as well.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
J-mod is $60 worth of valve body gaskets and rill bits and you do it yourself. Get on youtube and type in "j-mod tccoa" without the quotes and it'll be the first video, about 20 minutes long.

For a good converter, Dirty Dog, PI, Freakshow... there are more than a few good ones. I've seen a bolt on 2V automatic with a j-mod drop almost half a second just by switching to a 3500rpm stall. Your suspension will have a lot to do with your times as well. You can be making 400whp with that supercharger and have a nice trans but if you have a crappy suspension setup you won't do very well. From your avatar it looks like you are running 18s which means probably 35 sidewalls. Get a set of ET streets on some weld wheels for the track if you don't have them already. Subframes are mandatory as well.
^^This guy knows his stuff
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh dang. I can fit that into my budget. For sound too hard. If I need help with any of it ill just take it to the ford dealer. The service manager always lets me use one of his car lifts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT