What Parts Am I missing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: grande prairie
Region: Canada
Posts: 495
What Parts Am I missing

what parts am I missing and what should I not buy
planning to build this car from the ground up and would like to replace everything with quality parts that are going to be able to handle hp and torque in the future...


I plan to buy Alloy USA 8.8 Axles - 31 Spline 5 Lug
Eibach Sport-System-Plus
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Steeda X2 Ball Joint Kit
Steeda Rear Shock Tower Brace
Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft - 31 Spline
Steeda Finned Differential Cover
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears and Install Kit
Ford Racing Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential w/ Carbon Discs - 31 Spline
Performance Automatic Street/Strip Valve Body
Power Stop Brake Rotor & Pad Kit - Front & Rear

I can buy all that for 3000 ... I want a solid platform before I do any engine work. what else would you buy... pretty sure that almost everything replaced... anything you would buy differently or anything you would include in that list please let me know
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
what parts am I missing and what should I not buy planning to build this car from the ground up and would like to replace everything with quality parts that are going to be able to handle hp and torque in the future... I plan to buy Alloy USA 8.8 Axles - 31 Spline 5 Lug Eibach Sport-System-Plus Steeda Bumpsteer Kit Steeda X2 Ball Joint Kit Steeda Rear Shock Tower Brace Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft - 31 Spline Steeda Finned Differential Cover Ford Racing 4.10 Gears and Install Kit Ford Racing Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential w/ Carbon Discs - 31 Spline Performance Automatic Street/Strip Valve Body Power Stop Brake Rotor & Pad Kit - Front & Rear I can buy all that for 3000 ... I want a solid platform before I do any engine work. what else would you buy... pretty sure that almost everything replaced... anything you would buy differently or anything you would include in that list please let me know
Tubular k member
Tubular a arms
Coil over kit
Better brake lines
New motor mounts
New trans mount
Front sway bar and rear sway bar
Lower rear control arms
Lower upper control arms
Full length weld on Subframe connectors
Better radiator / thermostat
Oil cooler kit
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: grande prairie
Region: Canada
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Tubular k member
Tubular a arms
Coil over kit
Better brake lines
New motor mounts
New trans mount
Front sway bar and rear sway bar
Lower rear control arms
Lower upper control arms
Full length weld on Subframe connectors
Better radiator / thermostat
Oil cooler kit
the eibach kit comes with

Front Struts
Rear Shocks
Sportline Lowering Springs - Progressive rate
35mm Tubular Front Sway Bar with bushings
25mm Solid Rear Sway Bar with bushings

I have maximum motorsports lower control arms
so after that I guess your saying..
tubular a arms
and sub frame connectors

the other parts you mentioned would be better to buy when I start the engine build rite... what do you think
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
the eibach kit comes with Front Struts Rear Shocks Sportline Lowering Springs - Progressive rate 35mm Tubular Front Sway Bar with bushings 25mm Solid Rear Sway Bar with bushings I have maximum motorsports lower control arms so after that I guess your saying.. tubular a arms and sub frame connectors the other parts you mentioned would be better to buy when I start the engine build rite... what do you think
No kmember ?

So do you actually have the money?
A lot of people just ask a lot but never actually buy anything lol
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
02GTvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perrysburg
Region: Ohio
Posts: 441
Do a kmember kit with no spring perches..and coil over...**** eibach.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: grande prairie
Region: Canada
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
No kmember ?

So do you actually have the money?
A lot of people just ask a lot but never actually buy anything lol
haha yah I had 12k to spend on a car when I bought this one for 4k... spent some money on the car normal maintenance and smoked headlights grill delete, mach 1 chin, tune up oil changes stuff like that but still have enough to get this build started and don't want to miss anything or have to go back and replace anything because I cheeped out...

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
Do a kmember kit with no spring perches..and coil over...**** eibach.

haha is there a kit you recommend.. could you shoot me a link where I can purchase it

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

I added QA1 Pro-Comp A-Arms
QA1 Pro-Comp A-Arms
Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit - Front & Rear

Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
What's you're goals for the car
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: grande prairie
Region: Canada
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
What's you're goals for the car
to build it into a quality reliable sports muscle car
a reliable daily driver that goes to the track couple times a month and can easily run with the majority of built cars I will encounter
.. would like to build a solid foundation before doing any engine bay work... future potential mod will most likely be forged internals and a blower or turbo .. but since I have the extra money I saved on buying a car I would like to replace almost every part that would make for a quality performance upgrade.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

other then whats listed above and rims and tires anything else you can think of that iam missing or should do differently... of course I will have an exhaust as well
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.