npi to pi intake question about grey temp sensor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
npi to pi intake question about grey temp sensor

hey guys i just swapped the npi intake for a pi intake(cant afford the heads yet but one step closer) and ive not hooked the grey temp sensor up yet and my a/c has stopped working will this have anything to do with it. do they make a water neck to fix this or are there somewhere on the heads to put it. i dont mind making the plug longer and thanks in advance
abbott77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Scotty, u know the answer to his question?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Bahaha
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

I know brother. It's one of them things that leaves u scratching ur head.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You have to tap into the cross over pipe for the other sensor
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Sweet. Appreciate it brother.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Is the swap for jus intake worth it? I don't want to swap my heads because of the higher compression ratios. But would like a better flowing intake
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt View Post
Is the swap for jus intake worth it? I don't want to swap my heads because of the higher compression ratios. But would like a better flowing intake
I noticed a difference when I did mine. It's better flowing for sure and it was worth it just getting rid of the plastic crossover tube.
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

The dang gaskets are being a pain coming from a 04 crown Vic. Anybody got any clues?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Nobody? This 04 intake leaks like hell. There are 2 different gaskets. One is an o ring style and one is flat. What the heck do u do to keep it from leaking?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Use Mr gasket? Liquid gasket?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Did that bro. Let it sit 24 hours and it still leaked. It of course was cold as hell outside. Could have had something to do with it not holding but we need some help. This thing has got to be in place and running by the six gap ride.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Did that bro. Let it sit 24 hours and it still leaked. It of course was cold as hell outside. Could have had something to do with it not holding but we need some help. This thing has got to be in place and running by the six gap ride.
Are y'all sure it's not the manifold? It could be warped
Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Everybody said use the flat gasket but that flat gasket is not even close. The o ring style looks a heck of a lot closer.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Are y'all sure it's not the manifold? It could be warped
Checked that too. It's flatter than a tranny on Jerry Springer.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Everybody said use the flat gasket but that flat gasket is not even close. The o ring style looks a heck of a lot closer.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Checked that too. It's flatter than a tranny on Jerry Springer.
Have y'all tried using both at the same time? I just don't get why the first one didn't leak but this one does... I hate to say it but I would get another one and see if it leaks :/
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

This is the second one lol. Yep, we tried both at the same time. It leaked. It has been tried 5 ways. It would really help if somebody who did it before would say hey, here is what I used and this is how it works.

Maybe if it was warm outside. The gasket maker would have held. The last thing to try will be the original o ring style gasket and another crap ton of gasket maker. Let it set for a couple of days and see what it does.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I'm saying though. The first one didn't leak correct? But this one does. It's kinda pointing towards the intake
Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

It did leak. It was also cracked. That's why it went from an 01 mustang intake to an 04 crown Vic Intake. I think the real question is, which gasket and which sealer to use.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

:/ IDK I wish I could help.... If only I was there to help... I love working on cars lol
Old 10-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

I do appreciate all the help brother. It's one of those things where u read, oh I did a pi swap, love the extra hp but this is the Paul Harvey version. I need the rest of the story lol.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Lol
Old 11-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

finally got it. the gasket maker was the trick. it was a dorman intake with the o ring gaskets. as far as was it worth it, it changed the car. it is better than 93 octane and a race tune with npi. now just the pi intake 90 octane and performance tune will eat up the npi stuff on my pony. if anyone needs help dont wait to ask i will help in any way

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

if u go to a pull a part or junk yard to get the intake theres 2 things to look for, 1 is the sensor hole. i saw a few with the holes already tapped and plugged. the other is the o ring gaskets, if u dont see the flat gasket between the intake and head then thats what u have to have. just flip it over and look when u get it
abbott77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT