Slp loudmouth 1 vs 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joeyd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 29
Slp loudmouth 1 vs 2

I recently got another mustang gt 02 this time n I want to work it differently then my 00. My 00 has the magnaflow x pipe n catback sounds awesome. I'm debating if I should get the slp loudmouth 1 or 2 for the new one. Any suggestions??
Joeyd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
04sonicbgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
O/r x with slp1 sounds good. It's what I'm running. But borla stingers also sound really good.
__________________
Sonic blue 04 GT~~bolt ons- headers, steeda tri ax, hi tech stage 2 cams coming this winter.
04sonicbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joeyd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 29
Yea borla is just alil out of the price range tho
Joeyd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd5 View Post
I recently got another mustang gt 02 this time n I want to work it differently then my 00. My 00 has the magnaflow x pipe n catback sounds awesome. I'm debating if I should get the slp loudmouth 1 or 2 for the new one. Any suggestions??
I would go with the loudmouth 2. I had the 1's with an off road x and hated the sound. Sounded like a jake brake on deceleration. The 2's I've heard are a lot deeper sounding and have just enough insulation to muffle the higher pitched stuff but still are very agressive. I went with magnapacks and love them with the o/r x pipe. The 1's have a nice sound paired with a catted mid pipe, but I'm just not a big fan either way. A set up I've always wanted to try and have heard on a few mustangs that sound good is a o/r h with flowmaster 10's.
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
04sonicbgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sonicbgt View Post
O/r x with slp1 sounds good. It's what I'm running. But borla stingers also sound really good.
http://youtu.be/8YnxV5ttOWM
__________________
Sonic blue 04 GT~~bolt ons- headers, steeda tri ax, hi tech stage 2 cams coming this winter.
04sonicbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joeyd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I would go with the loudmouth 2. I had the 1's with an off road x and hated the sound. Sounded like a jake brake on deceleration. The 2's I've heard are a lot deeper sounding and have just enough insulation to muffle the higher pitched stuff but still are very agressive. I went with magnapacks and love them with the o/r x pipe. The 1's have a nice sound paired with a catted mid pipe, but I'm just not a big fan either way. A set up I've always wanted to try and have heard on a few mustangs that sound good is a o/r h with flowmaster 10's.
yea I'm a bigger fan if the deeper aggressive sound then the alittle not high raspy sounding. That's why I'm leaning towards the 2s but I do want it to be loud n wen not sure if it's loud enough
Joeyd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd5 View Post
yea I'm a bigger fan if the deeper aggressive sound then the alittle not high raspy sounding. That's why I'm leaning towards the 2s but I do want it to be loud n wen not sure if it's loud enough
IMO you would probably be happy with the 2's then. Or do what I did and get the 1's and then take them off if you don't like them, sell them and go with something else.
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd5 View Post
Yea borla is just alil out of the price range tho
I personally think the SOP mufflers sound like ***. Might as well just straight-pipe the car at that point. Have you looked for the stingers on Amazon? They're only like $570 on there.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I personally think the SOP mufflers sound like ***. Might as well just straight-pipe the car at that point. Have you looked for the stingers on Amazon? They're only like $570 on there.
+1 I picked mine up on Amazon for $517
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joeyd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 29
Does amazon come with installation hardware?
Joeyd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Yep. I tossed in BlackedoutBKRs without any extra hardware needed.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
if u want loud, off road x and slp1's
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
if u want loud, off road x and slp1's
I wanted super loud, so I went LM1 + o/r x, and I took the o/r x off 6 months later, couldn't deal with it anymore, it was more than super loud, it was obnoxiously loud.
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joeyd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 29
Yea I don't want it to be obnoxious so I think I'm gunna go with the 2s since it's a deeper clean sound
Joeyd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
I wanted super loud, so I went LM1 + o/r x, and I took the o/r x off 6 months later, couldn't deal with it anymore, it was more than super loud, it was obnoxiously loud.
Puss. lol jk.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I got an o/r h with slps and it's loud when you want it but tolerable when cruising. Sounds beefy when cruising then hammer it and it's hell being unleashed.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
04sonicbgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Puss. lol jk. ---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ---------- I got an o/r h with slps and it's loud when you want it but tolerable when cruising. Sounds beefy when cruising then hammer it and it's hell being unleashed.
+1 I love the sound of mine cruising, but when you slam it , honestly is like hell being unleashed
__________________
Sonic blue 04 GT~~bolt ons- headers, steeda tri ax, hi tech stage 2 cams coming this winter.
04sonicbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
I love my set up and if I changed anything it'd be for an c pipe to see the difference just to make it louder lol
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
04sonicbgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
I love my set up and if I changed anything it'd be for an c pipe to see the difference just to make it louder lol
I might do that after Christmas when I get my cams , heard it sounds more aggressive! can't wait to see what she's gonna sound like come January
__________________
Sonic blue 04 GT~~bolt ons- headers, steeda tri ax, hi tech stage 2 cams coming this winter.
04sonicbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sonicbgt View Post
I might do that after Christmas when I get my cams , heard it sounds more aggressive! can't wait to see what she's gonna sound like come January
That will sound like pure sex!! No doubt about that. Sound clips in January please!
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
04sonicbgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
That will sound like pure sex!! No doubt about that. Sound clips in January please!
definitely! I can't wait
__________________
Sonic blue 04 GT~~bolt ons- headers, steeda tri ax, hi tech stage 2 cams coming this winter.
04sonicbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,598
I love super loud cars with almost no other mods. Makes it fun to put a few lengths on them at a stoplight and hear them back there trying to keep up lol.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
U could try Borla ATAKs. I want to hear them so bad on a 2v. I've only seen one video on it. But from that video i think they sound great.
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.