trans going into "limp mode"..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
trans going into "limp mode".....

Hey what's up. I have an 01 Mustang with a bunch of mods. One of which being a precision 2800 stall torque converter. I ran at mustang nationals in bowling green ky at the beginning of the month. Noticed every time I stall up, can't get past 1500 revs before it limps out.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be going on? Is it a tune issue? Trans tune too aggressive for the set up? IMRC stuck closed? Anything? You're thoughts and two cents are very welcomed here. I've went to a LOT of people with very little feed back. Would like to solve this issue soon.

rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
Well Rinfield, we haven't been a whole hell of a lot of help with your trans issue have we?
It's because we are, mostly, a bunch of manual trans hard asses in this forum ...
Seriously though, except for the basics, I've always taken my automatic transmissions to an "expert" to have work done.
This could be a problem not even related to your transmission. It would be very hard to diagnose something like this over the internet.
What I would do is find a local speed shop or ask some guys at a car gathering for references to a person who is knowledgeable.about setting up high performance transmissions.
If it still, otherwise, shifts alright and isn't acting all weird, it may just be something simple that a good transmission shop can figure out.
Frustrating, I know.
Why can't stuff just work right?

Good luck getting it figured out!

straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
I don't really know much in this area... But what it sounds like isn't the transmission, if its going limp it sounds like it could be some sort of fuel cut off. Like an rpm governor of some sort.

Faster than a speeding...............
2001 Bullitt being prepped for track duty
Corners > Straight line

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Is your transmission leaking anywhere?
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT