I've been living in fantasy land lately, wondering just how much of a monster engine I can build into my '04 GT, and have come across a few things that may help you:
1) This sticky: 2v to 4v New Edge Swap writeup
2) Sean Hyland Motorsports. Dude has a serious approach to 4.6L power
SHM Books | Sean Hyland Motorsports
3) Pro Weld Performance Parts. Specializing in Termi engines, combine #1 above with this and make ur stang a beast. They sell a how-to manual will all the tech info too
O3-04 Cobra Assembly Manual !!
4) Modular Motorsports Racing (MMR): Modular Motorsports Racing
Offering whole high-HP drop-in engines for the time-conscious consumer
5) Your local Public Library. Books aplenty on everything engines, Chilton's as well, free for a few weeks at a time
6) The great Google monster. There's 5 or 6 major fora on just Mustangs, somebody before you has been in your position and asked (or done) the same thing. SVTPerformance is a good place for 32v info, should you go that route.