Tuning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tangtang2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burke, Va
Region: Virginia
Posts: 341
Tuning

So when I bought my 00 gt the guy gave me his bama tuner and he was running the car in the race tune.. I felt the car was shifting weird so I accelerated to see what happened and it felt like the car had issues when it shifted from second to third.. It also gave me a code that something was wrong between 2nd and 3rd. So I put it in stock and then the car ran fine and no codes popped up. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangtang2.0 View Post
So when I bought my 00 gt the guy gave me his bama tuner and he was running the car in the race tune.. I felt the car was shifting weird so I accelerated to see what happened and it felt like the car had issues when it shifted from second to third.. It also gave me a code that something was wrong between 2nd and 3rd. So I put it in stock and then the car ran fine and no codes popped up. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
It sounds like the transmission table needs to be adjusted. This won't be a problem to fix at all, just give the Bama team a call and they'll help you out!

You're going to have to buy into the free tunes for life program to get any adjustments to your tune. Free tunes for life isn't transferable. I'm sorry about that!

Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tangtang2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burke, Va
Region: Virginia
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
It sounds like the transmission table needs to be adjusted. This won't be a problem to fix at all, just give the Bama team a call and they'll help you out! You're going to have to buy into the free tunes for life program to get any adjustments to your tune. Free tunes for life isn't transferable. I'm sorry about that! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away! -Dan
ok dan so the transmission table is fixed with a tune correct? And how much are the free tunes for life? Thank you so much for the help!
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-custom-tune.html
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tangtang2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burke, Va
Region: Virginia
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
thank you
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Np!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangtang2.0 View Post
ok dan so the transmission table is fixed with a tune correct? And how much are the free tunes for life? Thank you so much for the help!
Yes, that can be corrected within the tune! I see you've already been pointed in the right direction of the free tunes for life. Feel free to give the Bama team a call if you have any further questions, they'll be glad to help you out!

Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tangtang2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burke, Va
Region: Virginia
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Yes, that can be corrected within the tune! I see you've already been pointed in the right direction of the free tunes for life. Feel free to give the Bama team a call if you have any further questions, they'll be glad to help you out! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away! -Dan
okay thank you I have to wait for a couple of paychecks I'm broke right now haha
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
J-mod the automatic trans while you are at it. Will feel like a whole new car.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tangtang2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burke, Va
Region: Virginia
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
J-mod the automatic trans while you are at it. Will feel like a whole new car.
have no clue how to do that haha
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Look it up on google/youtube. TCCOA has the article hosted on their website as well. Basically you remove a few springs, enlarge a few holes in the VB, slap it back together and it works as well as a shift kit with the added benefit of increasing transmission longevity.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangtang2.0 View Post
okay thank you I have to wait for a couple of paychecks I'm broke right now haha
No worries! Feel free to hit me up whenever you're ready and we'll gladly get you taken care of.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.