need advice with my suspension - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #1

Region: Nevada
need advice with my suspension

I got n 02 gt n i bought 2 inch lowering springs but i was wondering if i need other parts install wit the springs ..ivebeen reading that the handling n tires get messdup if i dont install the proper parts like caster camber plates n isolators..if any of u can or knw were to find these can post the link for it apreciate it
02gtstang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gtstang02 View Post
I got n 02 gt n i bought 2 inch lowering springs but i was wondering if i need other parts install wit the springs ..ivebeen reading that the handling n tires get messdup if i dont install the proper parts like caster camber plates n isolators..if any of u can or knw were to find these can post the link for it apreciate it
www.Americanmuscle.com

www.Cjponyparts.com

www.Latemodelrestoration.com

www.Jegs.com

www.Summitracing.com (don't remember the exact address)

And finally www.google.com.

It's recommended you get a bump steer kit and replace ball joints and tie rods. Also isolators are a decent idea as well as shocks/struts because that drop will wear out the stock shocks/struts pretty quick. Camber caster plates or camber bolts are highly recommended but I've heard of some people getting away without it.

My route was H&R SS springs, Tokico D-spec shocks/struts, Steeda Bumpsteer kit, MOOG tie rods, Steeda X2 balljoints, Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates. And that's my basic suspension changes. Of course I've done more than this but this is my basis.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle - Free Shipping!
Ford Mustang Parts | Mustang Parts & Accessories | CJ Pony Parts www.Latemodelredtoration.com
JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
www.Summitracing.com (don't remember the exact address) And finally Google.

It's recommended you get a bump steer kit and replace ball joints and tie rods. Also isolators are a decent idea as well as shocks/struts because that drop will wear out the stock shocks/struts pretty quick. Camber caster plates or camber bolts are highly recommended but I've heard of some people getting away without it.

My route was H&R SS springs, Tokico D-spec shocks/struts, Steeda Bumpsteer kit, MOOG tie rods, Steeda X2 balljoints, Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates. And that's my basic suspension changes. Of course I've done more than this but this is my basis.
also late model restoration is a good place to check out to.
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
also late model restoration is a good place to check out to.
That's listed. :p

Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's listed. :p
opps didn't see it, seems like alota ppl don't know they are out there...
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
opps didn't see it, seems like alota ppl don't know they are out there...
I think a lot of people are misled by their name. I know I was. I thought they dealt with stock replacement and restoration parts only. That's hardly the case.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think a lot of people are misled by their name. I know I was. I thought they dealt with stock replacement and restoration parts only. That's hardly the case.
I agree. it was a hour down the road from me, and when I went to collage it was 15 min down the road from me, so it was very beneficial to me, I bought most prolly 90% of my stuff from there and know half the ppl that work there so I got a pretty good discount.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gtstang02 View Post
02gtstang02,

There's a bunch of different options when it comes to upgrading the suspension. You don't have to replace every component for a 2" drop, but there are some "required" parts IMO. Of course, the more suspension components that are adjustable or tweaked appropriately, the better reaction you're going to receive from the car.

For the 94-04 SN95 models, I feel the following parts are the bare minimum required upgrades, without sacrificing tread wear or excessive wear of other stock components.

- Aftermarket Struts/Shocks for lowering springs
Factory Struts/Shocks will quickly bottom out and start leaking
- Caster/Camber Plates
Need for a proper alignment. Camber bolts don't seem to do the job with the SN95 Mustangs

Depending on your budget, Isolators and Steeda X2 Balljoints are a nice addition, but I wouldn't say they're required.

Give me a shout if you have more questions or concerns. I'd be happy to assist you anyway possible with your suspension upgrades!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Your suspension geometry is gonna be way out of whack when you're that low (ask me how I know) causing a lot of bump steer and loss of the gained camber benefits in a turn due to the control arms being out of its ideal position. Some X2 ball joint will help get the control arms back in to the correct position and a bumpsteer kit will help get your tie rods back in to alignment with the control arms
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #10

Gotchu sounds gud guys money is not the issue.i mean everybody trys save money on parts specially me cus i wana get cfh n cft for the car but i think ima upgrade the whole suspension system i put my car in the jack at the shop and shocks r the stock ones with 99% rust cus the car came from ohio so ime go all out on the suspension as iam going be driving it back to iowa from vegas lol thanks alot for the help appreciate it
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #11

So guys i got the x2 steeda balljoin ,isolators,shocks, n the steeda steer kit do u guys think i shud.be ok with that?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Should've got cc plates

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #13

I still can im waiting on parts to arrive i wana have everything together to drop it all at once meanwhile dropping my headers ccplates r that important for suspension?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I just read this yes they are cc plates will get you in spec now some guys get lucky with that and don't need them but in majority of cases you will. Everything you have is good get the cc plates and you will be set with everything for a nice clean mustang. Also you probably put about 1,000 dollars in suspension when I personally would of suggested if money is not an issue getting eibach pro dampening coilover kit, 400 dollars more and they are fully adjustable from height to stiffness daily to track.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Just a personal opinion.
02GtRespect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: California
Don't want to start a new thread for my question.

What it be a good idea to put a bullitt suspension on my GT??
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Don't want to start a new thread for my question.

What it be a good idea to put a bullitt suspension on my GT??
Waste of money for a half inch drop and a slightly stiffer spring rate. The only good part would be the shocks and struts
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: California
Cool thanks. I just don't want to spend all that money for a 2" drop. Tbh I can't even tell the difference. I would rather spend money on functional suspension parts
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT