Pulleys - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #36
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
How do you tell if they're piggy back?
Look at steedas and then look at everyone else's..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Well okay. The ones I got don't have any name or numbers in them soooo they are probably not steeda

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
well congrats on your ornament and you've obviously never driven on the streets of Los Angeles and have no idea wtf your talking about. How are you gonna tell me how high the curbs in my street are from New Jersey? I just parked my car a couple min ago so I think I would know. And no it's not lowered. I already know what I need to install them and already know the risks of using the alt pulley. And I plan on getting steeda udp not bbk.
I have, and he is right lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Well I live here and your wrong /argument
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lol I probably saw some different neighborhoods than him, I did drive through Hollywood in that 15 pack van in the evening and... pretty much the same experience as NYC but with Elvis and Supergirl...

We also went to a lot of other places that weekend and I even was keeping an eye out for Craig and Day Day but alas... I did not see these epic curbs anywhere but I don't live there so meh...

I still say lower it and make your friends get out before you pull up to the curb but not my car. I'd do anything to avoid the stock look. I mean if you look at a stock ride height car and then a car lowered even an inch you wonder who the idiot at Ford was who designed it. It literally looks like siht IMO but again, not my car. My car is lowered and the curb builders here were not on a bender when they installed them lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol I probably saw some different neighborhoods than him, I did drive through Hollywood in that 15 pack van in the evening and... pretty much the same experience as NYC but with Elvis and Supergirl... We also went to a lot of other places that weekend and I even was keeping an eye out for Craig and Day Day but alas... I did not see these epic curbs anywhere but I don't live there so meh... I still say lower it and make your friends get out before you pull up to the curb but not my car. I'd do anything to avoid the stock look. I mean if you look at a stock ride height car and then a car lowered even an inch you wonder who the idiot at Ford was who designed it. It literally looks like siht IMO but again, not my car. My car is lowered and the curb builders here were not on a bender when they installed them lol.
LOL at the Craig and day day reference bahahahah

And I'll try to get a curb/ruler pic one of these days without getting my *** took out by a truck or something lol

And it's not lowered see

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3369828939.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	138521
Old 11-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Nice clean car, just too high up. Blah if your curbs are that bad I don't blame you. California is weird.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
California is weird.
That's an understatment! Lol

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
You either have the tallest curbs in the world or your car is already lowered and you don't know it. There should be no issues such as you are describing. As for the alt pulley, do what you want but you're going to need air tools to install it and if the alt craps out on you you'll need air tools to take it back off so it doesn't go bye bye when you swap out the core at Autozone or wherever. Lol I still have the BBK alt pulley from my aluminum 94/95 set sitting on top of my garage fridge. Been an ornament in various garages for the last 10 years.
+1
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Nice clean car, just too high up. Blah if your curbs are that bad I don't blame you. California is weird.
yes yes it is. That's why they call it hollywierd

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post
+1
Old 11-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

It's great that you like your car the way it is. Nobody is saying your an idiot if you don't lower it. We respect you opinion as long as you respect ours. And your right you car is great the way it is.

It's just that most strangers prefer the lowered look, I love the lower look, and also hate the slammed look. I think were all just saying that being lower has some damn good trade offs. Yes your ride is a little stiffer, you have to pay more attention to where you park, speed bumps and potholes, BUT we should be doing this anyway with our babies. Not only does it help with cornering, it also helps with breaking and acceleration. Lowering may not add any HP, but what good it 15 more horses, if your "essentially" loosing it in you weak spongy springs. When your lower, you really do feel more of the HP you spent a pile of money on to get.

Not trying to convince you to lower. Just want you to be educated. So when your buddy with the same HP pulls up at the track and wins because he is lower, you'll know why.

As far as your pulley, do more research. I read so often that people end up replacing their alternator because they used that pulley. Not saying I'm right, just saying this is what I have observed. I did not do the alt pulley because of how often I came across this problem. 1-3 hp not worth the headache IMO. If I was not a DD I would definitely put it on, because your right, all the little stuff adds up.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
It's great that you like your car the way it is. Nobody is saying your an idiot if you don't lower it. We respect you opinion as long as you respect ours. And your right you car is great the way it is. It's just that most strangers prefer the lowered look, I love the lower look, and also hate the slammed look. I think were all just saying that being lower has some damn good trade offs. Yes your ride is a little stiffer, you have to pay more attention to where you park, speed bumps and potholes, BUT we should be doing this anyway with our babies. Not only does it help with cornering, it also helps with breaking and acceleration. Lowering may not add any HP, but what good it 15 more horses, if your "essentially" loosing it in you weak spongy springs. When your lower, you really do feel more of the HP you spent a pile of money on to get. Not trying to convince you to lower. Just want you to be educated. So when your buddy with the same HP pulls up at the track and wins because he is lower, you'll know why. As far as your pulley, do more research. I read so often that people end up replacing their alternator because they used that pulley. Not saying I'm right, just saying this is what I have observed. I did not do the alt pulley because of how often I came across this problem. 1-3 hp not worth the headache IMO. If I was not a DD I would definitely put it on, because your right, all the little stuff adds up.
ah I see I get ya. But as far as the udp go they add such little hp i don't wanna make it have even LESS hp by doing that. But I'll let you guys know how it goes
Old 11-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Would be kinda cool if somebody who had access to a dyno would start a YouTube Chanel that would show actual before and after #s of each bolt-on. Also maybe do combinations of parts. Let's say
CAI = 20 horse all on its own.
UDP = 7 horse on its own.
Then put them together and see what the results are. Do you end up with a 27hp gain or is it more like 22... I'm not using actual #s here just using them as an example. But you get the gist.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Would be kinda cool if somebody who had access to a dyno would start a YouTube Chanel that would show actual before and after #s of each bolt-on. Also maybe do combinations of parts. Let's say
CAI = 20 horse all on its own.
UDP = 7 horse on its own.
Then put them together and see what the results are. Do you end up with a 27hp gain or is it more like 22... I'm not using actual #s here just using them as an example. But you get the gist.
I agree. Although some of American Muscle's videos have dyno results from thier project cars.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT