Pulleys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Pulleys

Tomorrow I will be picking up some steeda under drive pulleys. Do I need to update my tune for them to be installed?

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
Subbed I want to get some too. But don't know too much about them
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Tomorrow I will be picking up some steeda under drive pulleys. Do I need to update my tune for them to be installed?
Wouldn't think so

Wouldn't hurt tho
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Nope.. Lol simple as that..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Pulleys have nothing whatsoever to do with timing or fuel delivery so no. It just makes it easier for the accessories to turn since they are slowed down.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Pulleys have nothing whatsoever to do with timing or fuel delivery so no. It just makes it easier for the accessories to turn since they are slowed down.
+1

No tune requirements.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Alright thanks guys

Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Would you guys still recommend getting steeda udp?I know it frees up horsepower but I'm not if that means you actually gain hp.
Also I don't have a sound system so I really have to worry about problems n stuff?

What other "free" mods are there for a 2v? Like a new driveshaft or something!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Free driveshafts? Hook a brother up!

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
Would you guys still recommend getting steeda udp?I know it frees up horsepower but I'm not if that means you actually gain hp.
Also I don't have a sound system so I really have to worry about problems n stuff?

What other "free" mods are there for a 2v? Like a new driveshaft or something!
They say like 15 hp or so, but its not enough that you would really notice it. I have steeda udps on my 2v, and have never had a problem with them.

Free mods? Maybe if you know sombody that works at a distribution warehouse or something, and could make some stuff "fall off the back of the truck".....

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
15hp...no. More like 2-3.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
15hp...no. More like 2-3.
Key words were "THEY SAY"..........LOL

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Would you guys still recommend getting steeda udp?I know it frees up horsepower but I'm not if that means you actually gain hp. Also I don't have a sound system so I really have to worry about problems n stuff? What other "free" mods are there for a 2v? Like a new driveshaft or something!
Free mods?? I'll take cams please
Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Lol I don't mean free cost wise but mods that free up hp hahaha.

Like udp free up hp
I think driveshafts do the same stuff like that
Old 11-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

On 4V it's Dyno proven for steeda pulleys to give us 10rwhp

Few buddy's have them and been on Dyno

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Lol I don't mean free cost wise but mods that free up hp hahaha. Like udp free up hp I think driveshafts do the same stuff like that
Driveshaft should be last ,

How about stop worrying about nickle and dime HP and worry about getting the HP you have and putting it to the ground with suspension
Old 11-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Driveshaft should be last ,

How about stop worrying about nickle and dime HP and worry about getting the HP you have and putting it to the ground with suspension
+10000

I like what he said.

Although you're correct on the aluminum driveshaft, its not worth it. Unless you're like me, and your driveshaft explodes on the highway, and the local performance shop happens to have one in stock, and on sale for the same price as a stock replacement

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
On 4V it's Dyno proven for steeda pulleys to give us 10rwhp Few buddy's have them and been on Dyno ---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ---------- Driveshaft should be last , How about stop worrying about nickle and dime HP and worry about getting the HP you have and putting it to the ground with suspension
well little hp gains add up and I'm not nickle and diming ****. But I agree on the suspension part. Besides LCA I'm clueless on suspension. Also don't want to lower my car
Old 11-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Free mods?? I'll take cams please
Im with you im taken cams too pleaseee
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Subbed I want to get some too. But don't know too much about them
i have some for sale

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
Road Trip!

I want the alternator pulley too though
Old 11-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
well little hp gains add up and I'm not nickle and diming ****. But I agree on the suspension part. Besides LCA I'm clueless on suspension. Also don't want to lower my car
Your car looks ri-god damn-diculous with the stock 4x4 look. Mine is lowered and I drive it regularly over speed bumps, speed tables and all over the glorious roads of scenic New Jersey. No issues bottoming out unless I'm really stupid.

Quote:
I want the alternator pulley too though
Its worth under 1hp and has the potential for charging issues. I never run the alt pulley with underdrives and most ppl will tell you the same thing.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Your car looks ri-god damn-diculous with the stock 4x4 look. Mine is lowered and I drive it regularly over speed bumps, speed tables and all over the glorious roads of scenic New Jersey. No issues bottoming out unless I'm really stupid. Its worth under 1hp and has the potential for charging issues. I never run the alt pulley with underdrives and most ppl will tell you the same thing.
my door already scrapes every time somebody opens up so I don't care if it looks ridiculous I like it just fine.

Also I don't have a sound system in my car and won't have any problems with that so I want the complete set

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I don't have a driveway and have to park on the street next to curbs. Every time somebody gets in my car the door gets stuck. Any lower and I'll ****en kill myself. So I'm not doing that you can keep yours lowered though
Old 11-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
my door already scrapes every time somebody opens up so I don't care if it looks ridiculous I like it just fine.

Also I don't have a sound system in my car and won't have any problems with that so I want the complete set

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I don't have a driveway and have to park on the street next to curbs. Every time somebody gets in my car the door gets stuck. Any lower and I'll ****en kill myself. So I'm not doing that you can keep yours lowered though

You either have the tallest curbs in the world or your car is already lowered and you don't know it. There should be no issues such as you are describing. As for the alt pulley, do what you want but you're going to need air tools to install it and if the alt craps out on you you'll need air tools to take it back off so it doesn't go bye bye when you swap out the core at Autozone or wherever.

Lol I still have the BBK alt pulley from my aluminum 94/95 set sitting on top of my garage fridge. Been an ornament in various garages for the last 10 years.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
You either have the tallest curbs in the world or your car is already lowered and you don't know it. There should be no issues such as you are describing. As for the alt pulley, do what you want but you're going to need air tools to install it and if the alt craps out on you you'll need air tools to take it back off so it doesn't go bye bye when you swap out the core at Autozone or wherever. Lol I still have the BBK alt pulley from my aluminum 94/95 set sitting on top of my garage fridge. Been an ornament in various garages for the last 10 years.
well congrats on your ornament and you've obviously never driven on the streets of Los Angeles and have no idea wtf your talking about. How are you gonna tell me how high the curbs in my street are from New Jersey? I just parked my car a couple min ago so I think I would know. And no it's not lowered. I already know what I need to install them and already know the risks of using the alt pulley. And I plan on getting steeda udp not bbk.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I was LA for a few months over the summer for work. And I can attest to the curbs being ridiculously high. Some you literally might have to climb. The 2013 Mustang GT i rented from Hertz had an issue opening doors up all the way for the reason above. And because its pretty hilly, the roads are at weird angles and could be a reason why too.

I'm not saying one person is right and one is wrong, as they're opinions; but, that being said, if I had the choice I would still have the car lowered. Lol

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
well congrats on your ornament and you've obviously never driven on the streets of Los Angeles and have no idea wtf your talking about. How are you gonna tell me how high the curbs in my street are from New Jersey? I just parked my car a couple min ago so I think I would know. And no it's not lowered. I already know what I need to install them and already know the risks of using the alt pulley. And I plan on getting steeda udp not bbk.
I drove a 15 pack van all over LA for a weekend this summer. I saw no cray cray curbs so to speak. And if they are that damn high then I would sell the stang and get a truck.

And a stang still looks ridiculous with the stock stance. Even dropping it 3/4" all the way around like the Bullitt was right from the factory makes a world of difference.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
I was LA for a few months over the summer for work. And I can attest to the curbs being ridiculously high. Some you literally might have to climb. The 2013 Mustang GT i rented from Hertz had an issue opening doors up all the way for the reason above. And because its pretty hilly, the roads are at weird angles and could be a reason why too. I'm not saying one person is right and one is wrong, as they're opinions; but, that being said, if I had the choice I would still have the car lowered. Lol
Thank you! Finally a reasonable person lol. But like I said if I had it lowered It would such a PITFA . Not just because it lowered it because I honestly think it's "ok" but I always have at least 1 passenger with me, and it would be ridiculous trying to have them get in.

But I don't think I can justify sending hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a measly 2" drop. I "guess" it would make it handle better in corners but I don't drive like a jackass around corners so idgaf. I prefer more functional mods over lowering.

I really don't care if my car has a "4x4" look I love the way it looks now so I'd rather spend my money on other mods.

And as far as the pulleys go having the alternator pulley on it is just fine, and they're proven to work even if it is minuscule. They say the same thing about cold air intakes but guess what? PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM! If you buy 3 mods that only add like 5hp guess what? That's 15 hp better than stock. If everybody listened to people who said not to buy a mod because the gains are too small nobody would have **** on their car
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

Old 11-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #29
Road Trip!

read above

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

and it takes 2 people to argue
Old 11-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
I drove a 15 pack van all over LA for a weekend this summer. I saw no cray cray curbs so to speak. And if they are that damn high then I would sell the stang and get a truck. And a stang still looks ridiculous with the stock stance. Even dropping it 3/4" all the way around like the Bullitt was right from the factory makes a world of difference.
wow you drove a van for 2 days here and suddenly your an expert on curb heights too? I'm sure it was around Hollywood too no doubt. Well let fill you in on a secret..

(*roads are nice in Hollywood but not everywhere else*)

And if you wanna lower cars so much go sell YOUR mustang and join a car club with lots of DONKS in it. I'm sure you would enjoy the nice slammed cars
Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Quote:
Its worth under 1hp and has the potential for charging issues. I never run the alt pulley with underdrives and most ppl will tell you the same thing.
Question scotty....I recently replaced my bad stock alt w/ an upgraded 160amp. I specifically got a higher amperage unit because of the "one day imma gonna" udp mod. Was this a correct assumption on my part?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I have them good mod not required but always tell whoever that tunes your car every detail. if bama tunes your car I'd leave a comment about under drive pulleys though that's what I do.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #33
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Doofenshmirtz View Post
Question scotty....I recently replaced my bad stock alt w/ an upgraded 160amp. I specifically got a higher amperage unit because of the "one day imma gonna" udp mod. Was this a correct assumption on my part?
Couldn't hurt. I had 0 issues at all with a full sound system and no alt UDP but I had the crank/WP pullied. The BBK aluminum stuff is VERY high quality and I never had any issues with it pitting or discoloration or anything.

Honestly a 130 amp stock 3g alt SHOULD be fine but after my 91 and seeing some issues other ppl had with car and alt pullies I don't see the point. Not fun when you hit the lights and your car starts surging.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Cool, thx bud
Old 11-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

How do you tell if they're piggy back?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT