Ac leaking water - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ac leaking water

Hi folks, I got a 04 gt that when I start the ac after a while it leaks water into the passenger floor. Does anyone know whats causing this and how to fix it
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sounds like your drain tube or hole is clogged. You can find a product on Ebay that you spray up through the drain that will clean the coil and remove the mold and mildew. Just follow directions on can.
Davesorl04gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
Hi folks, I got a 04 gt that when I start the ac after a while it leaks water into the passenger floor. Does anyone know whats causing this and how to fix it
That's usually a sign of a bad heater core. You sure its its water and not coolant?

If not, could be a blocked discharge tube in the engine bay and its backing up the sysyem and leaking somewhere else.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesorl04gt View Post
Sounds like your drain tube or hole is clogged. You can find a product on Ebay that you spray up through the drain that will clean the coil and remove the mold and mildew. Just follow directions on can.
I will try this if by any chance it is not clogged I guess this wont do any harm?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
That's usually a sign of a bad heater core. You sure its its water and not coolant? If not, could be a blocked discharge tube in the engine bay and its backing up the sysyem and leaking somewhere else.
I am sure it is no cooler since that only happens when i turn on the ac can it be related with the condenser cracked or something
Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Probably a blockage in the discharge tube then. You can try to unclog that. However, if you want to look, With the a/c on, Look under the dash and see if you can follow the water.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

If it was coolant, it would most likely leak through the carpet from behind it.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Probably a blockage in the discharge tube then. You can try to unclog that. However, if you want to look, With the a/c on, Look under the dash and see if you can follow the water. ---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ---------- If it was coolant, it would most likely leak through the carpet from behind it.
I will look tomorrow and let you know do i have to remove any part to look
Old 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well depends on how well you can see, and where the leak is coming from. I wouldnt go crazy though. Try to see if unclogging would work first. You may not be able to see where its coming from, but its worth a try.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well depends on how well you can see, and where the leak is coming from. I wouldnt go crazy though. Try to see if unclogging would work first. You may not be able to see where its coming from, but its worth a try.
Can you tell me the name of the unclogging spray. I am new to all this mechanic stuff but First I am tired of paying a local shop to do easy and simple stuff second I enjoy mechanics and doing things by myself and most important I want to learn thanks
Old 11-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not familiar with it, Davesorl04gt or someone who is would have to chime in.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I'm not familiar with it, Davesorl04gt or someone who is would have to chime in.
There are different brands, just go to ebay and search automotive coil cleaners. Get one of them that comes with a tube that will go up the drain tube. They will fill your A/C coil box up with foam that cleans the coil kills mold and mildew. As it does it delutes the crap that's blocking the drain. May have to repeat the steps on the can more than once.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote:
There are different brands, just go to ebay and search automotive coil cleaners. Get one of them that comes with a tube that will go up the drain tube. They will fill your A/C coil box up with foam that cleans the coil kills mold and mildew. As it does it delutes the crap that's blocking the drain. May have to repeat the steps on the can more than once.
If automotive coil cleaner search don't work try automotive evaporator coil cleaner,
Davesorl04gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There are different brands, just go to ebay and search automotive coil cleaners. Get one of them that comes with a tube that will go up the drain tube. They will fill your A/C coil box up with foam that cleans the coil kills mold and mildew. As it does it delutes the crap that's blocking the drain. May have to repeat the steps on the can more than once. ---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ---------- If automotive coil cleaner search don't work try automotive evaporator coil cleaner,

Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT