Installing trickflow intake plenum - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Installing trickflow intake plenum

Hey guys i bought a trick flow intake plenum and a 70mm throttle body. I want yo install them myself, can you refer me to a guide for the installation, by the way my car is a 2004 mustang gt
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
Hey guys i bought a trick flow intake plenum and a 70mm throttle body. I want yo install them myself, can you refer me to a guide for the installation, by the way my car is a 2004 mustang gt

Shouldn't have any problems
Install is easy
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
Hardest part is getting the cruise control cable back on really.
I haven't seen a guide for it, but I'm sure you can find Plenum/TB install guides on AM.
It won't be for the same product but it will be the same process.
Go luck and post some pics when your done.

PS.
If it helps, take pictures when removing things and mark the bolts, then u can reverse install off your phone/camera.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Mine came with instructions in the box
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Mine did not im still waiting for the tb but i received already the intake plenum
Old 12-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lol it's very straight forward guys

ALL you have to do is put on everything you took off the old plenum, and put it on the new plenum .. It's the same exact places.

Will be easy with power drills and extensions , etc.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Lol it's very straight forward guys

ALL you have to do is put on everything you took off the old plenum, and put it on the new plenum .. It's the same exact places.

Will be easy with power drills and extensions , etc.

For you may be but if you never have done it, it is not that simple
Old 12-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Man i wish I had my GT to do a how to .. Don't scare the OP now lol
Old 12-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Lol it's very straight forward guys ALL you have to do is put on everything you took off the old plenum, and put it on the new plenum .. It's the same exact places. Will be easy with power drills and extensions , etc.
+1

OP you shouldn't have a problem with this one. Its easy and takes 10 min-1 hour depending how fast you work and if you've done it before. Just roll up your sleeves bud, you'll figure it out.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
+1

OP you shouldn't have a problem with this one. Its easy and takes 10 min-1 hour depending how fast you work and if you've done it before. Just roll up your sleeves bud, you'll figure it out.

Thanks bro ill definitely give it a try
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you can use basic hand tools you can do it. You carefully disconnect everything from it, removing the intake tube from the TB, disconnecting all the TB linkages, removing the TB and just make sure everything is unhooked. Feel around if you aren't sure, use the new plenum to see if anything should be attached where you haven't checked yet. Then just unbolt it and re-install it in the reverse order you removed it. Take pics if you have to, anything to help.

In all honesty there is not too much you can't do on these cars without a basic set of tools.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you can use basic hand tools you can do it. You carefully disconnect everything from it, removing the intake tube from the TB, disconnecting all the TB linkages, removing the TB and just make sure everything is unhooked. Feel around if you aren't sure, use the new plenum to see if anything should be attached where you haven't checked yet. Then just unbolt it and re-install it in the reverse order you removed it. Take pics if you have to, anything to help.

In all honesty there is not too much you can't do on these cars without a basic set of tools.

Thanks bro i am just waiting for the tb to arrive already got the plenum
Old 02-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I may be late posting to this thread. I did a full PI Swap myself and my hands are paralyzed. I need to fiddle with everything possible to avoid atrophy (flatten out muscles due to non use). My brother was like "Yo, this is far over our heads). LOL... I only needed him to do anything over 4 lbs for me. He was super impressed that I knew exactly what to do (thanks to M.E.) and now my family asks me for car advice installing the intake, TB, fuel rails/injectors, egr, properly connecting vacuum lines, inspecting/plugging in all the electrical connectors... Was all a breeze . Like putting the square block thru the square hole and the triangle block thru the triangle hole.. I didn't think to clean the Idle Air Control or TB so last week my idle was real rough. It took me 5 minutes to install a new IAC and wipe out my TB. It runs like it has 5,000 miles on it. Make sure your IAC is fairly new and keep that TB clean. Or you'll be contantly checking your plugs, wires and coils thinking they're faulty because that what it feels like. Thirteen 8mm bolts and some connecting lines on my plenum/TB. Easiest job ever Have fun with your new mods

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT