After H&R Super Sports - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
After H&R Super Sports

So I put the H&R SS springs on my 02 GT with about 80k miles. I love the ride height, how responsive it is, and all that but you deff do feel everything in the road haha. Which isnt a bad thing, but just gets a little annoying sometimes for a DD.

Am I supposed to upgrade shocks and struts when I do springs? Would this help soften the ride a little bit?
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
You'll need to upgrade them eventually, they won't really soften anything up unless you buy some adjustable shocks and set them as soft as possible.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Any brand you would recommend for struts and shocks? Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
The H&R springs have a pretty rough ride, which is the same reason they handle so well too. If you upgrade the struts & shocks, you'll still feel every bump in the road. Except the recoil of each bump will be far less worse. In return- the car will be more comfortable to drive as a DD.

You should post up some pics of the car as well. I'd love to check it out. What other mods do you have?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
The H&R springs have a pretty rough ride, which is the same reason they handle so well too. If you upgrade the struts & shocks, you'll still feel every bump in the road. Except the recoil of each bump will be far less worse. In return- the car will be more comfortable to drive as a DD.

You should post up some pics of the car as well. I'd love to check it out. What other mods do you have?

Shane
That sounds reasonable and I think I can live with that haha, deff love the handling. Not many mods at all, just trying to keep it a clean looking GT. I just have the springs, some black bullitts with a chrome lip that were on it, and will be getting my windows tinted this month. Thanks for the help any brands you would personally recommend?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
My Tokico D-Specs ride pretty nice
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
My Tokico D-Specs ride pretty nice

I have H&R SS and Tokico D-spec and it made the ride really comfy. Didn't have the problem of bottoming the shocks out on potholes at speed and stuff.

I'd recommend these shocks struts at te very least. If not these then something better.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.s.king View Post
That sounds reasonable and I think I can live with that haha, deff love the handling. Not many mods at all, just trying to keep it a clean looking GT. I just have the springs, some black bullitts with a chrome lip that were on it, and will be getting my windows tinted this month. Thanks for the help any brands you would personally recommend?
Well you're starting to upgrade in all right places at least. The wheels and lowering springs go a long way for exterior looks and handling functionality. I'm sure turn heads much more often than stock.

There's a lot of quality suspension dampeners out there. As two guys mentioned above, the Tokico's perform very well. Another brand I really like is the Koni STR-T's. It's hard to beat their price and performance.

Both the Koni's and Tokico's are made to be used with lowering springs. This means no more bottoming out the struts/shocks when you hit pot holes!

Whenever you need assistance finding the next upgrade for you GT, feel free to contact me. I'm here to help!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Well you're starting to upgrade in all right places at least. The wheels and lowering springs go a long way for exterior looks and handling functionality. I'm sure turn heads much more often than stock.

There's a lot of quality suspension dampeners out there. As two guys mentioned above, the Tokico's perform very well. Another brand I really like is the Koni STR-T's. It's hard to beat their price and performance.

Both the Koni's and Tokico's are made to be used with lowering springs. This means no more bottoming out the struts/shocks when you hit pot holes!

Whenever you need assistance finding the next upgrade for you GT, feel free to contact me. I'm here to help!

Shane

I appreciate the help! That's exactly what I'm thing to fix I think, nasty feelings I get from bottoming out a lot haha. I'm gonna check out those konis and do some research, will be making a purchase when I start my new internship! Thanks again guys!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT