Why wouldnt he rape me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Why wouldnt he rape me

So I went to a local engine shop to ask about a rebuild for my 2000 mustang GT 4.6L V8. and was asked what I want rebuilt. I laughed and said the engine. He then replied with I will have to be more specific then went on to tell me if its running fine just drive it and leave it alone. Completely discouraged me from being bent over.
Although my car does run fine it has 180,000 kms on it and
I plan to start building it and would like a reliable platform to build on. That's why I wanted a rebuild so I know my engine is in top shape and ready to handle what I throw at it as well as giving me maximum results....
ugggh not sure what to do from here.. what should I have said or what should I go back and say and what is a reasonable price for what Im looking for.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
For one I'd go to a different shop!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thunderupokc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Maybe its because I am a girl that he told me. Just drive the car like it is sweetheart don't waste your money . He was saying stuff like that. Uuugh what he doesn't understand is its not wasting my money! I'm trying to build a monster and this clapped out mustang needs some rehab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
Road Trip!

But I have learned my lesson! Next shop I go into I want to know what exactly I am asking for and have prices in mind so I don't get played. Any recommendations?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
First off, interesting choice in title. Second, he may not have taken you seriously. His mistake, because he lost out on money. And third, if you want a monster, and you're having the engine rebuilt, be sure you forge all of the internals. That's the only way you'll get the car to safely handle much over 400 horsepower. It's expensive but it's the only way togo if you want the car to last more than one run on the highway. The 4.6 isn't very fast to start out with, and needs to be done right. There is a thread in which a long time member is currently rebuilding his car. It's a 4.6 and he had blown the motor. He is in the final stages of building the car now, and it's gonna be a beast. The thread is called Auroras heart Died. You should give it a look. The OP should be able to give you an idea on the price.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Road Trip!

I was thinking of ordering forged parts and just showing up to a shop and telling them I need them to install them. That way I know what is going in.
I have rebuild engines in shop class in high school but I don't think it would be smart to try this myself. Id rather just choke up the change and Have the car back in no time. That being said anyone know a good site to order the necessary parts.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
I was thinking of ordering forged parts and just showing up to a shop and telling them I need them to install them. That way I know what is going in.
I have rebuild engines in shop class in high school but I don't think it would be smart to try this myself. Id rather just choke up the change and Have the car back in no time. That being said anyone know a good site to order the necessary parts.
Before you just order parts you're gonna need to get with a shop first. There's a lot of specs and tolerances that need to be just right to get what you want out of it or else you are gonna have a motor that either doesn't run or runs rough. Most engine shops can take your wants and translate those into the correct parts needed to get the desired results out of the motor.

It sounds to me like that guy just didn't want to deal with another build at the moment
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You need to be more mature , and not waste that guys time with dumb answers.
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Just work on the motor yourself besides girls working on cars is super hot
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:00 AM   #10
Road Trip!

I Just moved into a condo and don't have a garage so doing the work wouldn't be possible. I can put a pro charger on or blower on in a day at a friends but to rebuild the motor I would prefer to just leave that up to a shop.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:04 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Just throw the supercharger until it blows and THEN rebuild it. It will still take the same amount of down time to rebuild it

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #12
Road Trip!

blowing up the motor could cause a lot more problems then just a simple rebuild
Old 01-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Some people will put a vortech on and run that while they build an engine on the side. Once complete, they swap it out and turn up the boost. It may be advantageous for you to look into a crate shortblock from a reputable builder. You can get em for certain HP levels, and it pretty much takes the guess work out of pieceing together parts on your own. Might be worth the price.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT