Why wont my car drink gas - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 324
Why wont my car drink gas

Ok so jw if anyone else has this issue. I have a 2000 mustang gt
and when I go to the gas station and try and fill up. I basically have to just barely put the tip of the pump in the hole or else it just CLICK as if its full. its like it doesn't funnel down fast enough. ugggh anyone else have this problem. its like a clogged sink
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Enderthreesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 57
I've had this problem in my 2000 GT before as well. It's strange though, it depends on the pump I fill up at.
Enderthreesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 324
It used to just happen sometimes but now its every time.. but if I barely put the stem in the hole.. just the tip and don't go full trigger she fills up just fine hah.. I asked a mechanic and he says " its a ford"
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Enderthreesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 57
Haha I'm a Platoon leader and my Platoon Sergeant and I get into it all the time, I'm Ford and he's Chevy. He would say the same thing and after owning a few Fords I'm starting to unfortunately think there might be some truth to it. But I'll still take my comfortable, fun, quick Mustang over his uncomfortable, fast Camaro. I don't know brother. I just got home from overseas and haven't even filled my car up yet since I had it in the shop getting the starter and fuel pump changed after sitting for a year. I'll let you know if it acts up like yours when I fill it up in a day or two.
Enderthreesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Why wont my car drink gas

I believe the 05-09's have this problem. Have you tried tilting the nozzle to different angles? I've heard this remedies some problems. Also your mechanic is 100% right. In fact, about 85% of chevys produced since 1995 are still on the road today. The other 15% were actually lucky enough to make it to their destination.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 324
Camaro is an ugly car. The old muscle cars were nice but since that I would never want one mainly just because of the looks haha. Even the new ones are boats.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,409
A trick that people used to pull is, they'd take a box of tampons and shove them down the filler neck. Inevitably, one or two would get stuck and swell up... Makes it extremely difficult to fill the tank in a timely fashion. Lol
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Enderthreesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 57
That's messed up
Enderthreesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mustang turning off after spark plug change nsguido415 1979-1995 Mustang GT 24 08-25-2015 07:58 PM
If you see this car in New Orleans... rm2092 2011-2014 Mustang GT 8 09-08-2013 11:08 AM
Car is almost stock. Need help on what mods to get. TheTumbler04 1996-2004 Mustang GT 15 08-22-2013 08:18 PM
97 GT Smelling gas fumes in car Sharky97 1996-2004 Mustang GT 2 09-20-2011 03:54 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.