Starter problem? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:49 AM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Arkansas
It also could be your timing jumped a little bit too.. I'd check that out too.

2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
You need to check your fuel pressure, and voltage or get a cel reader for a start. it could be more than one issue if your fuel pressure is low check your fuel filter if it's was installed correctly, then fuel pump, if you have low voltage usually should be a bad batter but doesn't sound like that's your problem if neither fuel or voltage test bad start cleaning your maf, and iac and run some deadpan through your gas tank could be a clogged fuel pump, filter, or injectors. if that doesn't work start changing your spark plugs if that don't work check your coils. I'd also check your air filter to make sure nothing is clogging it up. It sounds like your fuel pump is on it's last leg though to me but you never now trouble shot first check things clean them then start with buying cheap thing that may fix it then go to the bigger problem. If it is a fuel pump it isn't a big deal at all it took me 30 minutes to change mine with no instruction and I'm only 19 so I'm pretty sure you can do it you'll need a lift and a tranny lifter/carrier or two or two friends to hold the gas tank. Good luck.

lol I live in an apartment complex with barely any tools. Not possible for me. Plus i go to school and work so much that I can check 1-2 things about every week. I'm in a hard position

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
It also could be your timing jumped a little bit too.. I'd check that out too.

My timing chain? Isn't that some scary crap?

"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT