98 Mustang GT door panels Duplicolor vinyl & fabric spray?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
98 Mustang GT door panels Duplicolor vinyl & fabric spray??

Hey everyone. I have a 1998 Ford Mustang GT black leather interior black dash black door panels. I clean the car all the time. My door panels however only stay clean for about 2-3 days and then you start seeing blemish marks.. like were you rest your arm or were you grab the door to close it and even water drips if I role the window down a little if its raining. I've tried a ton of cleaners but always comes back. I heard of the product called DUPLICOLOR VINYL AND FABRIC SPRAY. has anyone ever heard of this product or tried it for think it's a good idea to use it I heard black is the best color to work with it. Response would be great greatly appreciated thank you.
Clean98 Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yup. Good stuff. My friend sprayed the whole interior of his fox with it....except for the seats. The interior was white like the Vanilla Ice 5.0 and it came out perfect and lasted forever. I also helped my buddy do the gray interior pieces in his 2007 Charger SRT8 in black to match the rest of the car. It also came out perfect. Now i will say that all the pieces we did were plastic so someone who has sprayed vinyl might want to chime in.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
you should try Detail Doctor. It is amazing. The stuff by Count Customs

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I seen on you tube it works great on plastic. Haven't found any vids on vinyl door panels. I know it says vinyl spray on the can but I'm curious to know what the texture is going to feel like?????? Also awesome mustang in vanilla ice video.. Lol that was the car to have back in that day..
Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I will try detail doctor as well. Were can I find it??? Never seen it at autozone. I'm still curious about the duplicolor..
Old 02-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

CVS or Walmart. It worked miracles on my interior. 41 sec--->
detail doctor imformercial - Bing Videos

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I will check it out..
Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Never had the problems you are talking about. They're just plastic, they should wipe right off. Hit them with some Meguiar's interior spray. Do NOT use ANY Armor All products.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean98 Gt View Post
Thanks I will check it out..
Yw do not forget to read the warning label. Spontaneous combustion LOL............... danger. It says do not apply on dash. I did during the winter. My thoughts are sunlight from the windshield could have a magnifying glass effect to the product. During the summer I will use a sun visor or garage.
I wish I had before after pics. You would not believe the results.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

SEM makes a great line of products for vinyl that come out AMAZING. I used there Color Coat spray can in camel color on my worn ratty steering wheel. Came out like new. Was almost worn through and a dingy brownish black color before I painted it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392863471.276168.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	804.2 KB
ID:	148270
surfinglbi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and I know the wheel is leather I just meant you should check out the SEM products. They work very well.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Redline makes great steering wheel wraps or if you want to pay the $500 going rate you can still find new FR500 wheels. I think that is bat**** crazy when the redline is like $120 and you can customize them but w/e.

Agreed there are some good interior dyes though, I just would have pulled the airbag for paint and re-wrapped the wheel personally. I just swapped my entire interior to black rather than mess with the dingy grey parts the car came with.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

No need to do any of that. Two cans of SEM @$7 each and my wheel looks better than new. Took 2 hrs max including pulling and reinstalling the wheel.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm wondering how that is going to hold up honestly. If it does that is a pretty good deal. I'd be worried about it rubbing off, looking like crap and getting all over my hands.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I had the same concern but I didn't need to. SEM products act like a dye. There is literally no chance of it coming off. It's been on for a few months and looks brand new still.

Anyway, something else to consider besides duplicolor and more color options if needed. PM if you need any further info about the stuff I used.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the replys.. I went with detail doctor works great...
Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinglbi23 View Post
Yea I had the same concern but I didn't need to. SEM products act like a dye. There is literally no chance of it coming off. It's been on for a few months and looks brand new still.

Anyway, something else to consider besides duplicolor and more color options if needed. PM if you need any further info about the stuff I used.
I have actually not used the SEM dyes but I have heard that the black dye is the wrong shade of black for the 94-98 cars. I need to research this more because I'm swapping in an 01 console as soon as it warms up. I usually am against painting interiors and just find whatever OEM color I want and swap but with this console I either paint or its the complete wrong color/looks like ***.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Good stuff. Sprayed all the carpet, and material on the doors and seats in my 04 GT vert. Also took off the visors and they look awesome now.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT