2.1 kenne bell - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
saleenfan04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 272
2.1 kenne bell

Hi, m about to get 2.1 kenne bell supercharger everything came out to be $6400 is that worth it? It's come with 2.1 kenne bell supercharger
Big tube intake
90mas
75mm throttle body
Intercooler
36lbs fuel Injector
Tune chip
Boost a pump
bypass valve
I think that's all sorry if I miss anything
saleenfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Sounds good but get it to a dyno after Install ASAP!


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
saleenfan04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 272
But I paid extra to get tune from them is some kind chip I think and the reason I paid extra cuz dyno tune cost lot after paying for superchager m broke lol
saleenfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
That chip they give you should be only to drive the dyno. I know it's expensive but you spent 6,400 to get the supercharger so just spend a little more for the tune. The last thing you want is for it to blow ya know??


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
+1^ don't install it until you have money for a dyno tune. Their tune is just a canned tune designed to get you on the dyno without really getting into boost. There has been cases of members going into boost on a canned tune and blowing their motor because of it. It's the same reason Bama doesn't do email tunes for aftermarket supercharged cars
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Yea man do your self a favor and get a dyno tune. If they charged you a lot for that chip I would call a local dyno shop and see of you actually need it for the dyno tune if you don't need it return that chip and use that money towards the tune. I know some shops around my area will actually tow your car to there dyno so you don't have to drive it with out a tune.
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
saleenfan04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 272
Sorry for replying late can I still drive around to my work and back without breaking anything? My friend said once I installed supercharger I should drive easy for at least a month to get the supercharger smooth is that true?
saleenfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Your friend is retarded....
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Haha yes he is lol. Don't get advice from you're friend
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Your friend is retarded....

+1, that's ridiculous. Just get it to a dyno ASAP after installing the SC
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
saleenfan04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 272
Lol that's what I thought but I thought I should ask before I judged him lol

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Would dyno tune up cost me less cuz supercharger comes with chip or it doesn't matter?
saleenfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenfan04 View Post
Lol that's what I thought but I thought I should ask before I judged him lol

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Would dyno tune up cost me less cuz supercharger comes with chip or it doesn't matter?
Funny how a lot of people giving advice have never had a dyno tune or a supercharger. A dyno tune will run you about 300 dollars and 400 for the tuner. So 700 dollars if everything goes smoothly. My car has been driven with the canned whipple tune on it for 7 years almost and no problems. It is a very rich tune though. The chip is a very basic tune that most people will use to drive it somewhere. But then again my car had it for 7 years. If you have any questions just message me. I just installed cams and had a dyno tune done about 2 months ago.
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
^You're not required to purchase a handheld tuner if a shop dyno's and tunes the car for you, right?
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
^You're not required to purchase a handheld tuner if a shop dyno's and tunes the car for you, right?
They include it in the price of the dyno session. Then the tuner is yours and married to the car

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
They include it in the price of the dyno session. Then the tuner is yours and married to the car

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Oh, ouch. Didn't know shops required you to purchase a tuner as well.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Oh, ouch. Didn't know shops required you to purchase a tuner as well.
Unless you already have one

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
Unless you already have one

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well yeah. Well sh*t, I see how they make their money now...
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
saleenfan04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 272
I have a BAMA sct/x3 tuner but some dyno shops do only diablo tunes. Do you guys know any good reliable dyno tuneup around Modesto or Stockton ca. There is one in oakdale but they said they going to keep my car for 3 days. Does it really take that long? And they said it costs 800-1200 dollars.
saleenfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
Funny how a lot of people giving advice have never had a dyno tune or a supercharger. A dyno tune will run you about 300 dollars and 400 for the tuner. So 700 dollars if everything goes smoothly. My car has been driven with the canned whipple tune on it for 7 years almost and no problems. It is a very rich tune though. The chip is a very basic tune that most people will use to drive it somewhere. But then again my car had it for 7 years. If you have any questions just message me. I just installed cams and had a dyno tune done about 2 months ago.

So what your saying is..

Spend $4,600 on the blower and accesories, but skimp on the $300 dyno tune bc it worked for you?

Its cool it worked for you don't get me wrong, and it might work for OP yeah, but they should still get a good dyno to get the most power out of it ya know


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenfan04 View Post
I have a BAMA sct/x3 tuner but some dyno shops do only diablo tunes. Do you guys know any good reliable dyno tuneup around Modesto or Stockton ca. There is one in oakdale but they said they going to keep my car for 3 days. Does it really take that long? And they said it costs 800-1200 dollars.
Well they have to do a cold start tune and that can take some time. If they don't get it right the first time then the car has to completely cool down again. They will usually pull the plugs and check them also. 800 is not a bad quote but 1200 is pushing it. I paid 1200 for mine because I had some issues. So if there starting quote is 800 I would be okay with that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
So what your saying is..

Spend $4,600 on the blower and accesories, but skimp on the $300 dyno tune bc it worked for you?

Its cool it worked for you don't get me wrong, and it might work for OP yeah, but they should still get a good dyno to get the most power out of it ya know


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
I didn't tell him not to get a dyno tune lol but the tune they give you isn't just to get from point a to point b. My car was drag raced with the canned tune on it... but when I got the car I dyno tuned it after the cams for safety.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
I didn't tell him not to get a dyno tune lol but the tune they give you isn't just to get from point a to point b. My car was drag raced with the canned tune on it... but when I got the car I dyno tuned it after the cams for safety.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

What problems occurred with your dyno like in the other post??

Did they keep it overnight?


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
What problems occurred with your dyno like in the other post??

Did they keep it overnight?


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
They had it for about a week because it was around christmas. My plugs were bad. They had to put a boost-a-pump on. And we had some issues pulling the stock tune off the car.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
whipple vs kenne bell 03SVTBeast 2005-2010 Mustang GT 8 03-03-2013 04:57 PM
Kenne bell 2.6L question Ahmed ali khan 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 11-14-2011 01:54 PM
Kenne Bell problems 04kbcobra SVT Mustang 10 11-07-2011 09:04 AM
Track time with the Kenne bell mazayu 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 10-05-2011 08:55 PM
Kenne bell question!! Need help Ahmed ali khan 1996-2004 Mustang GT 26 08-11-2011 05:24 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:15 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.