SLP Loudmouth really THAT loud? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyBored View Post
Actually, I just looked into it again. I definitely thought headers were A LOT more. Still gonna wait on those though. Midpipes and catback are my first priority right now.
The only problem with buying a mid-pipe first is that you will need another one to fit new headers (unless you get shorties)
But headers are a big project with installing. So if you aren't worried about them then just go with your plan. Exhaust is exciting no matter how big you go lol
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Actually, I just looked into it again. I definitely thought headers were A LOT more. Still gonna wait on those though. Midpipes and catback are my first priority right now.
They are, for good ones and for longtubes. Shorties are not worth it unless your stock manifolds are shot. Unlike the pushrods, the stock manifolds on the modulars are NOT restrictive. For longtubes, stay away from Pypes, BBK had the good sense to just put a kink in the primary by the steering shaft for it to clear instead of... I dunno... designing a primary that didn't need a kink... Really for longtubes you want to look at Kooks, Stainless Works and SLP. I love the SLPs because they are stainless, come ceramic coated already and use slip fittings for the midpipe vs a ball/socket. Price is also the best and the quality is outstanding.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks scotty. I planned on getting longtubes anyway. But can someone explain a little better (no offense brentap, truly just my beginner ignorance) why I should go with headers first? If that really is the case, I'll probably just get everything, headers/midpipe/catback all in one shot then. Thats not too big an issue.

Actually, I get it now.

Anyway, what I'm definitely looking at doing now is getting the SLP Ceramic LT headers and Magnaflow Magnapack catbacks. All I need is the midpipes. I want o/r xpipes, anything I should know before I set my mind to a brand? They're all basically the same price for the O/Rs made to fit long tubes, so what should I trust and what should I avoid?
HighlyBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Click me

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Those cats though :/. Really want to go the o/r route.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

You could always get one custom made or see if you can make the pace setter one fit. That SLP pipe is nice because its stainless and you KNOW it will fit the first time.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

If I go with a different brand am I going to have trouble fitting it with the headers? I kinda figured that might be an issue but im not sure.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've learned the hard way with longtubes that the mid pipes are very often brand specific.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Gotchya. I appreciate all the help scotty, and everyone else. I'll have to decide if I wanna just get catted pipes or go with Kooks since they make the o/r pipes to fit their headers. I'm set on magnapacks now too.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also look at Stainless Works if you are dead set on stainless. If you go with aluminized that opens up your options a bit but then you have to worry about aluminized.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I have almost the exact set-up you want. I've got SLP LT headers and magnapacks. But I have a catted SLP x-pipe. Fitment was great with everything and no problems.
If you want an o/r x-pipe to be louder, trust me you don't need it unless your trying to hurt someones ears lol.
Mine is very loud especially at WOT
Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Thanks scotty. I planned on getting longtubes anyway. But can someone explain a little better (no offense brentap, truly just my beginner ignorance) why I should go with headers first? If that really is the case, I'll probably just get everything, headers/midpipe/catback all in one shot then. Thats not too big an issue.

Actually, I get it now.

Anyway, what I'm definitely looking at doing now is getting the SLP Ceramic LT headers and Magnaflow Magnapack catbacks. All I need is the midpipes. I want o/r xpipes, anything I should know before I set my mind to a brand? They're all basically the same price for the O/Rs made to fit long tubes, so what should I trust and what should I avoid?
Also Mac makes a good set of Lts for your car. Just another option to look at.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
SLP Loudmouth really THAT loud?

I'm running off-road x and loudmouths. Everywhere I go people ask what kind of exhaust I have so people do like it. I love it. And I'm no tool I just like how it sounds. And if u drive straight drive and tap the gas....u will scare anyone walking behind you....just gotta be aware an curtious....and yes they're that loud my father was drivin my car while I followed and he was about 100 yards ahead of me with cars between us and I still heard it going down the road
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT