Subframe connectors & strut tower brace - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Subframe connectors & strut tower brace

Yesterday i acquired a set of bbk subframe connectors with seat brackets and also a strut tower brace. My question is.. Will i be able to feel the difference with these new parts on my 98 gt? The car would feel like it was all over the road and real sloppy steering. I wouldnt be surprised if i got pulled over and was asked to do a sobriety test. Lol. So what are the benefits from these new parts. My car is stock
Cstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
The benefits are chassis stiffness. They won't really help with the car wandering on the road, but they will help reduce some of the flex that this chassis has.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I put the full length connectors in my car, really helped with handling
02 GT,Ford racing C springs,Tokico rear shocks,Mpr full length subframe connectors,Kyb adjustable front struts,hardened steel axles,3.73 gears,Bbk uppers,Granitelli adjustable lowers, Mach 1 seats,Steeda Tri ax shifter,Exedy stage 2 clutch,Firdanza aluminum flywheel,Bbk adjustable clutch quadrant,Bbk shorty headers ,Mpr catted x pipe,Pypes Violator catback,Jlt cai,Bulitt intake manifold,Venom 24 lb injectors,Ngk iridium plugs,TFS twisted wedge heads and cams,stock short block ,custom dyno tune on a Mustang dyno.
weschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I put the strut tower brace on yesterday . Gonna put the subframe connectors on probably this weekend.
Cstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstyle1 View Post
Yesterday i acquired a set of bbk subframe connectors with seat brackets and also a strut tower brace. My question is.. Will i be able to feel the difference with these new parts on my 98 gt? The car would feel like it was all over the road and real sloppy steering. I wouldnt be surprised if i got pulled over and was asked to do a sobriety test. Lol. So what are the benefits from these new parts. My car is stock
Hey,

Congratulations on picking up the new suspension components.

To answer your question, the car will have a new feel to it, that will be noticeable. The frame and body will have less flex, which will keep you more planted around curves and turns, and they help accelerate the car quicker by eliminating chassis twist on take off.

However, they will most likely not help you much with the lane wondering and steering issues you are having. That sounds more related to power steering, alignment, or tire issues.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask myself or contact our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's how my car feels lol. All over the road. People probably think I'm drunk or playing on the cellular device. I have fresh alignment so who knows. Feels like all mustang do that. My 01 did it, my 97 does it and my 98 does it. I hop in a Concorde or a Honda and I can drive straight without wondering all over the road.
XSlashDashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Subframe connectors & strut tower brace

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSlashDashX View Post
That's how my car feels lol. All over the road. People probably think I'm drunk or playing on the cellular device. I have fresh alignment so who knows. Feels like all mustang do that. My 01 did it, my 97 does it and my 98 does it. I hop in a Concorde or a Honda and I can drive straight without wondering all over the road.

You must be getting stangs that have been trashed. My '02 GT was tight as hell when I first got it four years ago.

Of course it is normal for older cars like ours to have play in the steering.. But it shouldn't be enough to throw you around the road. You need to check it out and find the problem. It will only get worse.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
You must be getting stangs that have been trashed. My '02 GT was tight as hell when I first got it four years ago.

Of course it is normal for older cars like ours to have play in the steering.. But it shouldn't be enough to throw you around the road. You need to check it out and find the problem. It will only get worse.

Had any suspension done? All my stangs are bone stock.
XSlashDashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Mine is a 98 with 116k on the body, stock K, bbk springs/tockico shocks/struts and its dead nuts straight as an arrow down the road.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSlashDashX View Post
Had any suspension done? All my stangs are bone stock.

Everything was stock when I bought it.

Now none of the suspension and mounts are stock.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT