Exterior plans and mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Exterior plans and mods

After a lot of searching and planning, I went and ordered the Roush front bumper cover with the round fog light set up for my "99 Silver Pony GT Convertible" from Mr. Body kits. I wasn't really fond of the way the front bumper just angled down from the stock version and was looking for something to fill in that space and not to mention setting the fog lights out a little so they could be of some help when needed. I wasn't real impressed with the Roush rear bumper cover (too plain) and because of the side exhaust exits. So I plan on ordering the Couture Demon rear bumper cover. I scored a nice wiper cowl made from carbon fiber from eBay (probably paid too much) which I think will dress that area up a little. For the next one I plan on ordering a carbon fiber hood as well as a trunk lid with the terminator spoiler and third light. With the angel eyes headlights I already put on it and the carbon fiber like tail light casings with LED lights, maybe some carbon fiber side scoops, I'm thinking of moving to the interior. Opinions are welcome.
tri99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
My opinion is that combo is total rice. But if you like it then that's all that matters.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I respect your opinion and you are absolutely correct. I will mod my silver pony as I see fit. Thanks for the input. Dually noted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
post a pic of your car
I will photo shop all that crap onto it and show you what it would look like
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
My opinion is that combo is total rice. But if you like it then that's all that matters.

+1
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Here you go.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri99gt View Post
Here you go.

Grille delete, spoiler delete, lowered, Mach chin spoiler, cobra r hood, fatass tires out back and call it a day.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the rear view.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
yah or sell the car and give it to someone who wont ruin it
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #10
Road Trip!

I was thinking of buying that exact same body kit recently

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
yah or sell the car and give it to someone who wont ruin it
Once again thanks for your opinion. You know what they say about them. Everyone has them. No need to get nasty about it. Not everyone has the exact same taste or there wouldn't be any options for us.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Very pretty car.. Wish I had a vert. Don't rice it out plz for the sake of American muscle lol.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Grille delete, spoiler delete, lowered, Mach chin spoiler, cobra r hood, fatass tires out back and call it a day.

Exact same mods every mustang in history has ever gotten

Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Exact same mods every mustang in history has ever gotten

Because it looks sooo damn good with them
Old 03-10-2014, 01:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think Jack Roush would agree with you about the front end or he wouldn't have not designed the Roush front bumper the way he did. That comes with a grille delete and keeps the corral. I like that. Personally I don't think it looks "rice" like others have said. I am still looking for a descent hood to replace the factory one because I don't care for the scoop which is starting to separate from the hood. The hood I'm getting will be carbon fiber, not sure which one yet. Again NOT "rice" American muscle style. The car came with 18" wheels and brand new tires so I'm not worrying about them right now. The wheels will eventually be bullitts, black with a polished edge. Again NOT "rice". The car has already been lowered some and I like the stance the way it is right now. No need to go any further.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm saying the carbon fiber everything is rice not the Roush front bumper although I personally don't like it some do and its an "OEM" part. That would be a take it or leave it thing. The Demon rear bumper...here IS pure rice dude. Looks like something chewed up the OEM bumper, had some Blazin' wings at B-dubs and then took a 5 alarm dump and that is what came out.

IMO, this is what I would do to any New Edge I got to keep it tasteful.

-Mach lip on the stock front bumper

-A QUALITY hood. There are only 2 or 3 places I would trust for a hood. Cervinis is at the top of that list with BossInc and Kaenen. Or a newer 01-04 stock hood
-Mach/Bullitt sail panels and 1/4 glass
-03/04 Terminator side skirts
-Rims/tires/suspension

For reference, here is a before/after of a very similar car to yours from another forum I belong to. Here is the before when dude had the Roush bumper on it.

This is after his buddy fixed it:

Those are all the parts I listed pretty much. The new sail panels look 1000x better than the GT ones, the termi side skirts are great and only thing missing is the mach lip and I honestly think the 99-04 cars look best wingless.

But like I said, your car. If you like the FatF style ricer spaceship demon rearend and all the carbon fiber everywhere then go for it. Just don't do to any Mustang cruise ins without preparing to be laughed and pointed at.

IMHO, its more about how these cars perform than making them look like something unique because if you want unique you don't buy a Mustang. The great thing about 94-04 Mustangs ESPECIALLY the 99-04s is that you can make them look VERY tasteful and nice with OEM parts which means perfect fit. That silver car looks just different enough to stand out but not so crazy that its gaudy.

edit: Oh and as far as aftermarket parts and "body kits" etc... be careful who you buy from and what brand it is. If you are going to get the Roush bumper make sure its an actual Roush piece and not a knock off. In many cases, a cheaper made part will not fit right and require your body guy to put in some hours to get it correct which = more $$$. And hoods... not only do you need to make damn sure you get one that fits with minimal prep you need to make sure it isn't some cheap POS that could break at the latch point and fly up at highway speeds potentially causing a fatal accident.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I hear you on the quality issue. Thanks. I like the rear bumper on my car and I'm keeping it on. My side skirts, for now are fine. As far as the carbon fiber hood, well that's a different story. I would like to get a Cobra R hood and have it painted to match the body, but the carbon fiber is good enough to just bolt on. If I don't like it, I have the option to paint it later. As far as being laughed at from anyone in public or at any cruises, I have two words for any of them and it's NOT Merry Christmas. Just because someone is opinionated doesn't make them right or wrong. If that's the approach any group takes, that's one I'm sure I don't want to be associated with. I enjoy my ride and every time I start it up I smile. And that can't be replaced by anyone trying to rain on my parade. She runs good now and I will work on performance when I get the outer shell looking the way I want it. I like the plethora of after market parts and the infinite options a Mustang owner can choose. This is my third Mustang. I owned a 71 Mach 1 w/ 351 4 spd. and a 72 Mustang Grande Coupe w/ 302 3spd. manual. I'm not going to defend my actions to you or anyone who thinks they have all the answers in this area. So far this site has not brought me very much joy.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Exterior plans and mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri99gt View Post
I hear you on the quality issue. Thanks. I like the rear bumper on my car and I'm keeping it on. My side skirts, for now are fine. As far as the carbon fiber hood, well that's a different story. I would like to get a Cobra R hood and have it painted to match the body, but the carbon fiber is good enough to just bolt on. If I don't like it, I have the option to paint it later. As far as being laughed at from anyone in public or at any cruises, I have two words for any of them and it's NOT Merry Christmas. Just because someone is opinionated doesn't make them right or wrong. If that's the approach any group takes, that's one I'm sure I don't want to be associated with. I enjoy my ride and every time I start it up I smile. And that can't be replaced by anyone trying to rain on my parade. She runs good now and I will work on performance when I get the outer shell looking the way I want it. I like the plethora of after market parts and the infinite options a Mustang owner can choose. This is my third Mustang. I owned a 71 Mach 1 w/ 351 4 spd. and a 72 Mustang Grande Coupe w/ 302 3spd. manual. I'm not going to defend my actions to you or anyone who thinks they have all the answers in this area. So far this site has not brought me very much joy.

You joined and asked for opinions. We are American muscle, and most of us pride ourselves off of that. So we told you our opinions - don't turn your beautiful American made car into a jap lookalike rice bag. Then you get defensive and say this site doesn't bring you joy lol...

Btw you said you weren't going to explain yourself to us but you sorta did... We aren't here to hurt your feelings. We are here to steer a mustang owner correctly so you aren't one of the stangs that people point and laugh at.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #19
Road Trip!

The cobra r wing is an OEM part but it's also the riciest part to ever be out on a car. Both jap AND american

Old 03-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
The cobra r wing is an OEM part but it's also the riciest part to ever be out on a car. Both jap AND american

I happen to like the R wing when put together with some flashy enough bumpers and ****.

OP I agree that I don't personally like the Demon bumper, but I like the carbon fiber hood with the Roush front bumper. An idea I like that local guy did was he bought a CF hood and painted everything but the three vents body color.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You don't always have to go aftermarket..

Here's 99-01 cobra front bumper and tail lights, it's OEM

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394497963.341082.jpg
Views:	4116
Size:	759.6 KB
ID:	150263Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394497975.907868.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	150264Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394497990.016498.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	150265
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Attachment 150263Attachment 150264Attachment 150265

I'm greatly considering stealing this scheme from you for my oxford 04 Mach! It's no doubt the most beautiful new edge ive ever laid eyes on!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Attachment 150263Attachment 150264Attachment 150265
As I said in a post above, you can go all OEM with the Edge and it'll look spectacular. You still need some termi side skirts tho.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered a Cobra front bumper cover and a Cobra R hood. They are at the body shop waiting for paint. I also ordered a Terminator spoiler and will be attaching it as soon as the third light shows up. The grille delete is almost ready to install. I picked up a base Mustang trunk lid to mount the spoiler so I won't have a bunch of holes to fill. As far as the side skirts, I'm sticking with the originals for now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT