CRushing News :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
CRushing News :(

Came across this site while checking out mustangs tonight..
Thinking about selling mine...
2 days ago I was over at a buddys when he says some kid is jumping on my car roof! I go to look at its the neighbours son hes autistic and completely naked no socks nothing jumping on the roof of my car.. The moms on disability so even if I sue for damages I wont get anything.. Got a 3 different quotes all around 1100.. Its not terrible but its there kinda wavy I guess lol ... uggh might just sell the mustang rather then drop 1100 on fixing the roof. cars only worth a couple grand ugggh choked
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sorry dude. I'd beat the crap out of my buddy... Surrogate beating since you can't do nothin to the kid or mom.

Did the mom at least apologize?

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

why my buddy didn't do anything haha neighbors retarded kid.. yeah if it was some teenage punk id be pissed but wtf can I do the kid doesn't know what he is actually doing.. Yeah she offered me 20 dollars haha and at one point a bus ticket.. brutal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
why my buddy didn't do anything haha neighbors retarded kid.. yeah if it was some teenage punk id be pissed but wtf can I do the kid doesn't know what he is actually doing.. Yeah she offered me 20 dollars haha and at one point a bus ticket.. brutal

Your buddy is the father... Didn't you know?

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My brother is autistic. That being said. ***** has home owners insurance. Or being that you were at your buddies house sue his parents home owners insurance.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

^ well it wasn't my buddy's fault nor his kids.. it was the Neighbours son and she rents so I doubt she has any type of insurance she's a bum.. I would like to get paid for the damages but don't want to spend 175 dollars to take her to court to find out she isn't able to give me money because she's on welfare or disability.. I know she doesn't work. Ugggh might just take the hit.
I found an auto body shop today said they will fix the damage and paint the car for 1800 cash.. doesn't sound so bad.. car has rock chips on the hood front bumper, some scratches on the side normal abuse for a 14 year old car... think I should pay the 1800 and have my baby looking new
Old 03-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^ well it wasn't my buddy's fault nor his kids.. it was the Neighbours son and she rents so I doubt she has any type of insurance she's a bum.. I would like to get paid for the damages but don't want to spend 175 dollars to take her to court to find out she isn't able to give me money because she's on welfare or disability.. I know she doesn't work. Ugggh might just take the hit.
I found an auto body shop today said they will fix the damage and paint the car for 1800 cash.. doesn't sound so bad.. car has rock chips on the hood front bumper, some scratches on the side normal abuse for a 14 year old car... think I should pay the 1800 and have my baby looking new

Seems like a lot to spend in a car that cost you about as much (if I recall correctly).

Personally, I'd look at putting that money into another car and sell this one if it that bad. To me, not worth spending 1800. If it was only like $600 to fix the roof. Maybe.

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's what I was thinking ^
1800 would be the whole body redone tho and a new paint job
so the body and paint would be " mint "
Old 03-12-2014, 12:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Not going to be a quality paint job if done for $1800. I can guarantee that.
jonathanadams22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanadams22 View Post
Not going to be a quality paint job if done for $1800. I can guarantee that.
Yeah +1

Just sell the car, probably your best bet at this point.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well it all depends. Is it just the roof? If so how crushed is it? Pics please. Not having a car payment is one of the reasons I still drive my 2000 gt with over 200,000 miles on it. Considering if you sell it you most likely wont get much out of it wrecked looking. One thing you might consider is a transplant of your interior and motor and trans into a good body car then sell the shell of your old car for scrap. That way you would have plenty of parts to keep you going.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

yeah well for 1800 I cant really expect a show quality finish but I saw some of there other work and looks pretty good. I figure it would give my car a fresh base...The roof has dents nothing extreme but if you look you can tell for sure.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:04 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

What I might do that would add a custom look is get the roof dents fixed but not painted and get a vinyl decal like on AM To go on the roof it would look good in my opinion, but if you want to have it painted you could always make sure they are using good equipment and paint in indoor space. Outdoor paintjobs come out horrible. They have so much dirt and bugs underneath the paint, you could also Plastidip the car, they turn out looking really good. Dipyourcar.com is pretty good.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I was thinking the roof looked like it had been in a roll over. If its not too bad take down the headliner and try and press the dents out yourself. You might find you can live with the results for a while to save for a higher grade paint job. Best of luck
Old 03-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

The shop is legit. Used to be a Maaco lol so all indoor, big spray booth all that
yeah I coooooould live with the damage the way the car sits however I had plans to have this car looking nice and this just kicked me in the roof to set me back a bit... not sure if I should just build the car instead and do the body last or get the body lookin rite and then build the car
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
The shop is legit. Used to be a Maaco lol so all indoor, big spray booth all that
yeah I coooooould live with the damage the way the car sits however I had plans to have this car looking nice and this just kicked me in the roof to set me back a bit... not sure if I should just build the car instead and do the body last or get the body lookin rite and then build the car

Try and pull it out and get some touch up if needed
TylerJanocha21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Got any pics of the damages?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well if you decide to build motor, trans, suspension I would do mechanical first. That way you are not gutted if some SOB POS mechanic scratches your paint working on your car.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Isn't maaco the place that their paint goes to **** after a year lol...

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If she rents then the landlord will be required to carry homeowner's insurance. You might be able to go that route if she can't pay seeing as they own the property. They can take it out of her security deposit, **** her and not keeping her kid in line. I am not unsympathetic towards autistic people/kids or anyone with a disability but its not an excuse either, not for something like this.

Also if mom is a bum and letting her kid run around naked and jump on cars it might be time to call child services... Just because the mom is completely worthless doesn't mean that the kid should have to suffer without getting help for his condition.

As far as your car, it will not be mint for $1800. I'd pull the headliner, see about popping any dents, make it look presentable, sell it and put that $1800 into a new stang or a DD.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the police had to call childrens aid when I told them what happened. They also told me obviously there not guna charge a young child and that they cant charge the mother for anything criminal either all they can do is call childrens aid because of the situation.. Told me best thing to due would be sue.
I spoke with a lawyer and he basically told me if shes on disability or welfare they I wont get any money from her. Basically told me for 1000 dollars not to bother. ugggh Cars up for sale.. see if anyone bites
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah the police had to call childrens aid when I told them what happened. They also told me obviously there not guna charge a young child and that they cant charge the mother for anything criminal either all they can do is call childrens aid because of the situation.. Told me best thing to due would be sue.
I spoke with a lawyer and he basically told me if shes on disability or welfare they I wont get any money from her. Basically told me for 1000 dollars not to bother. ugggh Cars up for sale.. see if anyone bites

That sucks bro hopefully you can sell it then and get some cash
Old 03-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

part of me thinks I should just have it fixed since I already own the car.. Other part of me says I can probably sell it add that 1-2k and get a car with a nice body and possibly in better mechanical shape... hard part is selling people around here just want to try driving your car. went threw this with past vehicles. lots of people look or want to test drive but aren't serious .. When I buy a car I ask how much I check it out if I want it I make an offer that im prepared to pay rite then or if price is reasonable I don't bother trying to get a deal... if I don't want it I thank them for there time.. why bull shi t
Old 03-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
part of me thinks I should just have it fixed since I already own the car.. Other part of me says I can probably sell it add that 1-2k and get a car with a nice body and possibly in better mechanical shape... hard part is selling people around here just want to try driving your car. went threw this with past vehicles. lots of people look or want to test drive but aren't serious .. When I buy a car I ask how much I check it out if I want it I make an offer that im prepared to pay rite then or if price is reasonable I don't bother trying to get a deal... if I don't want it I thank them for there time.. why bull shi t

I know man half of them aren't serious, it really sucks if they try to get on it while your in the car. I would probably sell it too and get one in better shape.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

On the upside... I sold my v6 to the first person that looked at it within 2 hours of posting it on Craigslist. All about luck. There's a point economically that you cut your losses on a car. Is that paint job going to make you 1800+ on the car? No. So it's not profitable. Yeah you'll take your loss but it won't be as much as wasting 1800$ on it prolly.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
On the upside... I sold my v6 to the first person that looked at it within 2 hours of posting it on Craigslist. All about luck. There's a point economically that you cut your losses on a car. Is that paint job going to make you 1800+ on the car? No. So it's not profitable. Yeah you'll take your loss but it won't be as much as wasting 1800$ on it prolly.

Yep most definitely craigslist works pretty good there Are just some people out there who see a mustang and want to drive it. Hopefully you can sell it.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

Yep most definitely craigslist works pretty good there Are just some people out there who see a mustang and want to drive it. Hopefully you can sell it.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

if someone does like it, ill just say okay go get the money and when u come back we can go for a drive... If there serious about buying they will already have the cash or will go get it and come back

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT