Borla stinger vS borla atak - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
No trouble with cops? That's my main concern. Getting a cop on me and then seeing I don't have cats... Big fine lol

I live in the south cops around here don't care. They love it actually lol.
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
I live in the south cops around here don't care. They love it actually lol.

I live in Texas... Denton though which is a bigger/really liberal town and so I feel like they'd harass me about it
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Borla stinger vS borla atak

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
I live in Texas... Denton though which is a bigger/really liberal town and so I feel like they'd harass me about it

Ahhh yea. I'm in a relatively small town lol. Gotta represent South Carolina. Ha. Just don't gas it wen they aren't around and you'll be fine
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Ahhh yea. I'm in a relatively small town lol. Gotta represent South Carolina. Ha. Just don't gas it wen they aren't around and you'll be fine

Yeah I used to and if I still live there I'd put a mid pipe on in a split second but had to move to this city for college.. Sucks
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tiffsobelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 85
Here in SC we don't even have Inspections...so they don't really care. Lol.
Tiffsobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Wtf... Even in the country we had inspections but not emissions. Just like if your seatbelt and horn worked.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tiffsobelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Wtf... Even in the country we had inspections but not emissions. Just like if your seatbelt and horn worked.
Nope, nothing. You pay your taxes every year and you're good.

I HATE it, there are waaaayyyy to many vehicles on the road that shouldn't be. Turn signals don't work, brake lights don't work, bumper is taped on (not kidding), exhaust scraping the ground, etc..
Tiffsobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffsobelle View Post
Nope, nothing. You pay your taxes every year and you're good.

I HATE it, there are waaaayyyy to many vehicles on the road that shouldn't be. Turn signals don't work, brake lights don't work, bumper is taped on (not kidding), exhaust scraping the ground, etc..

People hate what is suppose to happen.. That's how it should be we are suppose to be free... Unfortunately most of us have to fix anything little emission thing at our own expense.

”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tiffsobelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 85
I understand it should be our right, however, I have lived in many different states where they had Inspections and griped about having to pay $150 to fix a tiny part to pass emissions. With that being said, after having to deal with so many vehicles that are on the road that shouldn't be, I wish they had inspections in this state. I'm not saying it's my opinion that they're POS cars and shouldn't be on the road, I'm saying that they are a hazard and a danger to people's safety.
__________________
Tiffsobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
I still got 2 cats, but 2 cats doesn't really hold a lot of noise back to me. And mine hasent been drive in the road yet. So we'll see who I can attract 😜
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffsobelle View Post
I understand it should be our right, however, I have lived in many different states where they had Inspections and griped about having to pay $150 to fix a tiny part to pass emissions. With that being said, after having to deal with so many vehicles that are on the road that shouldn't be, I wish they had inspections in this state. I'm not saying it's my opinion that they're POS cars and shouldn't be on the road, I'm saying that they are a hazard and a danger to people's safety.

I think very basic check overs should be done. But just because my CEL comes on you want me to throw 500$ down to fix it.. Get real. If it isn't hurting anyone then it should be fine.. But again someone else has their nose in your business.. Land of the free
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tiffsobelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
I think very basic check overs should be done. But just because my CEL comes on you want me to throw 500$ down to fix it.. Get real. If it isn't hurting anyone then it should be fine.. But again someone else has their nose in your business.. Land of the free
I'm not trying to get into a debate about freedom and "the man" and all that...

I do agree that a basic check is all that is really needed. Check the turn signals, brakes, horn, headlights, etc.. The necessary things to keep everyone on the road a little safer.

That's all I'm saying.

Moving on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSixxer26 View Post
I still got 2 cats, but 2 cats doesn't really hold a lot of noise back to me. And mine hasent been drive in the road yet. So we'll see who I can attract 😜
I agree, I have 2 cats and mine gets pretty loud at times... Try not to get too much attention from the five oh!
Tiffsobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Roguestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,516
Here in Fl as long as it has lights, a mirror, a seat belt, and brakes, its good to go. I love it! Sure you see some very bad malaise era p.o.s. vehicles, but it doesn't matter since even people in new cars don't know how to drive. Heck they probably cause more accidents I'd be willing to bet.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT-Former giggle gas addict
1990 Mustang GT w/ Vortech V3

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
robb15033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2,109
Don't forget about the ultimate Borla XR1 Multicore mufflers!!!!
__________________
'97 3.8L V6
Pacific Green
1996 SVT Cobra White
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
WJBertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 517
Got my Borla touring axle backs on last night. Here's a shot half way through the job. Borla right, OEM left:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT Pipes 2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	152156  
__________________
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Borla Stingers 2 Stangz AmericanMuscle 4 02-18-2014 05:15 PM
4 Days with BK Racing & Borla in Daytona Beach lindsay@borla 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 02-03-2014 05:12 PM
Borla Atak?? Ddemian 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 6 11-14-2013 07:57 PM
Wanted: Borla Atak back or Roush Atak back arturo55 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 12 03-03-2013 10:58 PM
Sound of Borla exhaust mounted on (also some donuts and test ride video) martynas Pictures and Videos 1 08-07-2011 10:57 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:40 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.