BBK Off-road X-pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
BBK Off-road X-pipe

hey guys,

i decided to go with the BBk off-road X-pipe to go with my magnaflow magnapac but i was wondering if i should get the shorty, or the long tubes? and what the difference between them is.

also, what kind of headers should i use?

2002 GT
zoneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneo View Post
hey guys,

i decided to go with the BBk off-road X-pipe to go with my magnaflow magnapac but i was wondering if i should get the shorty, or the long tubes? and what the difference between them is.

also, what kind of headers should i use?

2002 GT
Hey,

That will be an awesome set up, I have heard it in person, and can assure you, you wont be disappointed.

If you can afford to go with long tube headers, they will be the most beneficial. They will give you big power gains, and a much louder and deeper tone. However, they do cost more than the shorty headers from the start, and the install is lengthy and difficult to say the least. If you go with this type of header, you will want to get a shorty mid pipe from the same manufacturer as the long tubes.

The shorty headers will still give you moderate power gains and a bit louder and deeper tone, but not to the extent as the long tubes. The shorty headers however are easier to install and are less expensive in general. If you go with this set up you will want a full length mid pipe.

If you decide to hold off on either header for the time being, you will still want to go with a full length mid pipe.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch.
Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I ultimately I want to go with the long tube headers, but I'll probably have to wait a little to get the money. With Thai being the case, is it possible for me to install the must pipe and my magna now without the new headers? Or should I wait and do it all in one go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
I ultimately I want to go with the long tube headers, but I'll probably have to wait a little to get the money. With Thai being the case, is it possible for me to install the must pipe and my magna now without the new headers? Or should I wait and do it all in one go?
You can install them no problem right up to the factory exhaust manifolds. This combination will still sound awesome and be 100% functional.

The only down side is, when you replace the factory manifolds with long tube headers, you will have to also replace the mid pipe with a shorty mid pipe to compensate for the extra length of the headers. However, if you did buy an aftermarket full length mid pipe in the near future, you could always sell it privately whenever you put the long tubes on.

I hope this makes sense, and if you have any further questions, let me know. Good luck!

-Dan
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

so if i put my magnapack on now, i also have to buy the mid pipe now? and then replace it again when i do headers? or can i install the magnapack now and the shorty mid pipe and headers later on?

basically, will the magnapack fit on the stock manifold? temporarily till i get the mid pipe and headers
Old 03-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The cat back will fit just fine.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
so if i put my magnapack on now, i also have to buy the mid pipe now? and then replace it again when i do headers? or can i install the magnapack now and the shorty mid pipe and headers later on?

basically, will the magnapack fit on the stock manifold? temporarily till i get the mid pipe and headers
Your magnapack will fit right on to your factory mid pipe with no issues what so ever. In the future when you get the new headers and mid pipe, the magnapack will also bolt right up to those.

Essentially the only combination you have to worry about is the long tube header and shorty mid pipe set up. Those two pieces have to be the same manufacturer. Other than that, the magnapack will match up to any aftermarket or stock mid pipe out there.

I hope this clears some things up, but if not feel free to get back in touch.

-Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT