Bama performance tunes from AM - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
That just means the sooner I can put a 4v in it 😎

It would be disappointing if a tune from bama was ruining people motors...
Bama has a lot of enige failures. They get on here and try and cover up /hide there mistakes but they are out there

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
cliffyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Bama has a lot of enige failures. They get on here and try and cover up /hide there mistakes but they are out there

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Nonsense--the web would be alive with people reporting it, they cannot spin the whole web. Google "spec clutch failure" to read about a really second class product.

As to BAMA tunes blowing engines it could be those "we don't need no stinking wideband" people mucking about with fueling--detonation is one of the fastest ways there is to grenade an engine; right up next to trying to push a stock 2V much past 425 rwHP. No mail-order tune (with or without 19 questions) is going to be that radical; more likely is that the target engine was crap to begin with.

If I had a nickle for every engine I've seen blow up on a dyno over the years I'd have 35 or 40 cents....
__________________
SOLD! - 2003 GT, UPR X, FRPP 24lb/h, Magnaflow, PP 70mm TB & plenum, Delta Force tuned,
Steeda UDPs, Ralco flywheel, RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Look it up buddy. Its on svt as well as the coyote page.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Bama performance tunes from AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post
Nonsense--the web would be alive with people reporting it, they cannot spin the whole web. Google "spec clutch failure" to read about a really second class product.



As to BAMA tunes blowing engines it could be those "we don't need no stinking wideband" people mucking about with fueling--detonation is one of the fastest ways there is to grenade an engine; right up next to trying to push a stock 2V much past 425 rwHP. No mail-order tune (with or without 19 questions) is going to be that radical; more likely is that the target engine was crap to begin with.



If I had a nickle for every engine I've seen blow up on a dyno over the years I'd have 35 or 40 cents....

Well mine detonates with or without the tune with 93 octane so I guess it same over for my engine. Drive it til It dies I guess.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
cliffyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,001
Many of the engines in GTs have spent the bulk of their lives running 87 octane fuel with the pig-rich stock tune (also I have seen people here and on other forums bragging that they "always shift at 3000 rpm".

This and short trips will create ominous carbon deposits in the combustion chamber, and on the piston crown, that raise the compression ratio and can have "hot spots" causing pre-ignition.

If an engine is audibly pinging then stop making it do that and contact your tuner--or better yet learn to tune it yourself. There is not one bit of rocket science involved...
__________________
SOLD! - 2003 GT, UPR X, FRPP 24lb/h, Magnaflow, PP 70mm TB & plenum, Delta Force tuned,
Steeda UDPs, Ralco flywheel, RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post
Many of the engines in GTs have spent the bulk of their lives running 87 octane fuel with the pig-rich stock tune (also I have seen people here and on other forums bragging that they "always shift at 3000 rpm".



This and short trips will create ominous carbon deposits in the combustion chamber, and on the piston crown, that raise the compression ratio and can have "hot spots" causing pre-ignition.



If an engine is audibly pinging then stop making it do that and contact your tuner--or better yet learn to tune it yourself. There is not one bit of rocket science involved...

I have ran seafoam through my gas and it hasn't helped. How should I get rid of those carbon deposits? Even without the tune it detonated so I was thinking I'd just have to drive it til it died..
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
SpeedMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Let the engine sip seafom through a small vacuum line when it is up to full operating temp- suck half the bottle then let sit for about an hour - it will smoke like you won't believe- then repeat with the second half of the bottle-
SpeedMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMob View Post
Let the engine sip seafom through a small vacuum line when it is up to full operating temp- suck half the bottle then let sit for about an hour - it will smoke like you won't believe- then repeat with the second half of the bottle-

I saw that on YouTube but was scared to do it any other way than the directions labelled. How does the vacuum line differ from having it go with your gas?
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
SpeedMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
The seafom through the gas isn't concentrated enough to break up the carbon - it makes the carbon spongy and break apart - carbon is really just hardened gasoline in a super simplistic explanation- the vacuum line is

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

A very great method
SpeedMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,581
Seafoam is scary stuff but I've seen it work too many times. Hell for 96-98 Cobra guys its almost required maintenance every 10k miles because of those goddamn secondary ports.

I've also seen dip****s suck up the whole bottle in a matter of a few minutes and ruin motors.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Seafoam is scary stuff but I've seen it work too many times. Hell for 96-98 Cobra guys its almost required maintenance every 10k miles because of those goddamn secondary ports.

I've also seen dip****s suck up the whole bottle in a matter of a few minutes and ruin motors.

I would like to hear your suggestion then please. I always like a knowledgable person's opinion/directions.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,581
What suggestions? All I said was when used properly it works well and yes, you do have to suck it in SLOWLY through a vac hose, putting it in the gas doesn't cut it. However if you are detonating on the stock tune and 93 octane there is something else amiss.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What suggestions? All I said was when used properly it works well and yes, you do have to suck it in SLOWLY through a vac hose, putting it in the gas doesn't cut it. However if you are detonating on the stock tune and 93 octane there is something else amiss.

I was wanting a suggestion. But thanks, how fast should suck it in? Like fit half the bottle within 5-10 mins?
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
SpeedMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Yea that's perfectly fine- don't be scared - you'll have a hard time Hurtin something - if the motor starts to shake and miss pull the line out of the bottle - if you have any common sense you'll be completely fine man- don't worry
SpeedMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
SpeedMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Any luck?
SpeedMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sct tuner with bama tunes Codys S197 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 2 10-16-2011 05:54 PM
Custom Tunes vs Mail Order Tunes illestdomer2005 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 08-14-2011 08:23 AM
Bama to give warranty with tunes for #8 wnt2gofst 2011-2014 Mustang GT 27 08-08-2011 03:39 PM
Bama tunes 86gt 1979-1995 Mustang GT 9 06-01-2011 08:15 AM
to those of you with bama tunes from AM... soccerfreak2143 General Mustang Discussion 14 05-19-2011 08:54 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.