Hood scope - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Hood scope

I have a 2000 mustang GT with a kenne bell. Need some advice.

If I were to cut the honey comb insert out of the hood and place a hood scoop ( Ford gt style ) on there so where the air would flow on top of the supercharger would be worth it for any gains I would get ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Either get a vented cowl hood or termi hood. The stock hood with a cut out on the scoop could and probably will allow water on top of the engine and into the spark plug holes. Or get a meth injection kit......

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
Either get a vented cowl hood or termi hood. The stock hood with a cut out on the scoop could and probably will allow water on top of the engine and into the spark plug holes. Or get a meth injection kit......
I mean I'm going to get a cowl hood eventually but thought about doing this for now? You know where there is a good meth injection kit that's cheap ? A long shop had a purge kit esp for spraying the heat exchanger but they want 600 bucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Check ebay and corral.net
That's where I'd look first. But remeber, horsepower ain't cheap my friend

***resident gun idiot***
Old 04-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
Check ebay and corral.net
That's where I'd look first. But remeber, horsepower ain't cheap my friend
Oh yeah i know that all too well. The kenne bell set me back a lot along with the engine build. Just thought a purge kinda kit like that for 600 was high. But I will check those places thanks for the advice

Old 04-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No prob!

***resident gun idiot***
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I know that a legit Terminator motor with the eaton will fit under a stock 99-04 hood with a smaller pulley but I guess the KB snout is too long. You're going to need a cowl hood if notching the underside of the hood or moving to a smaller pulley (without boosting too much) doesn't work.

Also, no stick on hood scoops... even the factory ones are known to fly off at highway speeds.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I know that a legit Terminator motor with the eaton will fit under a stock 99-04 hood with a smaller pulley but I guess the KB snout is too long. You're going to need a cowl hood if notching the underside of the hood or moving to a smaller pulley (without boosting too much) doesn't work.

Also, no stick on hood scoops... even the factory ones are known to fly off at highway speeds.
+1 on the stick on scoops... My factory scoop got the 2 front bolts stripped, flew up like a parachute but didn't fly off. Has happens to me twice until I just jb welded the sob down and used a ton of 3m tape... Wish I had the money for a cowl
GHO5T5NIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I had a buddy with a bullet mustang and his hood scoop came off going down the highway. If I were to change hoods I would go cowl induction.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
+1 on the stick on scoops... My factory scoop got the 2 front bolts stripped, flew up like a parachute but didn't fly off. Has happens to me twice until I just jb welded the sob down and used a ton of 3m tape... Wish I had the money for a cowl
Yeah my friends bullet scoop flew about ten feet in the air and held for a sec and came back down landing on car on the highway. That's the only thing that has kept me from getting the scoop because I think the one AM sells is stuck on with 3m tape. I haven't got the a cowl hood yet because the car needs a paint job so I was going to do it then.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

Yeah my friends bullet scoop flew about ten feet in the air and held for a sec and came back down landing on car on the highway

On his car or someone else's? Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if it hit someone else's
Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On his car or someone else's? Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if it hit someone else's
Someone else's it was about ten cars behide us but we couldn't tell which one but we saw the hood bounce at about the height of a car.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

Someone else's it was about ten cars behide us but we couldn't tell which one but we saw the hood bounce at about the height of a car.

Oh dang, I'm guessing they didn't stop?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh dang, I'm guessing they didn't stop?
No. Because we doubled back at the next exit and saw no cars. Hated it happen but nothing we could do. So after that happen it has pushed me away from a stick on scoop

Old 04-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Yeah that is ****ty, I mean you really could have put hazards on and slowed down on the shoulder if there was one to give the person the opportunity to stop but I don't know the situation, what lane you were in etc... It honestly probably dindn't do too much if it hit their roof but who knows.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that is ****ty, I mean you really could have put hazards on and slowed down on the shoulder if there was one to give the person the opportunity to stop but I don't know the situation, what lane you were in etc... It honestly probably dindn't do too much if it hit their roof but who knows.
We kinda slowed down to see if someone stopped and doubled back and saw no one. As far as we can tell it could have hit the middle guard wall.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT