seafoam - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

And ford Manuals say to remove carbon by using an introduction of a chemical compound through the injectors and running the engine solely on this chemical - not feasible by most who do not possess the machine-but you're the best mechanic on here along so I'll just have to bow out
SpeedMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Fully automatic I applaud your attempt to throw gas on the fire haha
Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Can I ask what you do for a living bullit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
I keep on trollin... they hateing
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yes full tune up after and still nothing
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I like to think of myself as a gentleman of leisure.

I'm currently retired.

SpeedMob, you seem like you're game. I'd actually like to see a demonstration of how well Seafoam will clean up a high mileage, carboned up engine. That would involve taking the heads off, photographing everything, reassembling the engine, running the Seafoam through it, then disassembling the top end and comparing it with the before photos. A YouTube vid would be nice but I'd still have to be there to believe it...
I recently did the head gaskets on an engine that had close to 400k on it. Nothing but manual labor would have removed the build up on top of the pistons and the combustion chambers. I know because I was the manual labor.
My Mustang has around 150k on it and has zero symptoms of having carbon issues. I think that a LOT of people use those products to try to solve a problem that either doesn't exist, or, is completely unrelated to a carbon build up issue.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Believe it or not- I agree with you- 400k sea foam will not work towards anything but making smoke

150k on a mustang has much less of a chance to build up deposits because the nature of the car-I.e. Higher rpm use and typically driven harder

150k on a windstar with 10k between oil changes and a typically broken intake motion port valve lever would have a much more noticeable effect

I'm really not one to argue just to argue but I have used it and seen it work and the concept is an actual chemical reaction that does occur if tested
Old 04-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Haha.
This Seafoam debate is like debating religion or politics, everyone has their own view of it.
We could go on all night!

I'll just say one more thing about chemical reactions and then leave it at that...

Gasoline will do the exact same thing as Seafoam, in that "burned frying pan" example that you used...
Our engines run on a cleaning agent that we pay for every time that we fill our tanks with fuel.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed - but the oil and poor crankcase ventilation wreaks havoc on it- good debate though hahhaa
Old 04-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I wonder how many of you have actually taken a engine apart...

Scorpion, it's nice that you grace us with your presence every once in a while. If you have to Seafoam every car that you own... there's something wrong.
Take those b!tches out and drive them HARD every once in a while... it's a hell of a lot more fun than buying a bottle of Seafoam.
And how do you know that those engines even required a treatment? Did you look inside of the combustion chambers beforehand to find out?

SpeedMob, you've, obviously, never had the heads off of a high mileage engine... the carbon deposits DO NOT just melt away like "magic". You need to SCRAPE that crap off with a putty knife. And, it's CARBON. It has been in a HOT combustion chamber and you're trying to tell me that once the "snake oil" goes in, poof, it becomes vaporized.
I don't think so...

Again, I'll ask you guys, what evidence do you have, that makes you believe that your engines required this treatment? And, after the treatment, do you have any proof that your engine was any cleaner inside?

PROOF...

Not the warm, fuzzy, placebo effect.

I want actual proof.
No proof anymore, but I grew up playing with Neons before I upgraded to the big boy toys. Needless to say I've had the heads off them plenty changing gaskets. So I've seen the before and after. No, they aren't sparkling clean but a big improvement. The proof can be seen in gained mpg and pep. Also, I've never owned more than one vehicle at once. I'm too broke for that. SeaFoam has always, and will always be the first thing I do to a new to me vehicle when it gets its first tune up since I have no clue how well the previous owner took care of it, or what oil they've used. I've run it in the oil and had sludge clumps dump out of the first oil change on a few vehicles, so its doing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I wonder how many of you have actually taken a engine apart...

Scorpion, it's nice that you grace us with your presence every once in a while. If you have to Seafoam every car that you own... there's something wrong.
Take those b!tches out and drive them HARD every once in a while... it's a hell of a lot more fun than buying a bottle of Seafoam.
And how do you know that those engines even required a treatment? Did you look inside of the combustion chambers beforehand to find out?

SpeedMob, you've, obviously, never had the heads off of a high mileage engine... the carbon deposits DO NOT just melt away like "magic". You need to SCRAPE that crap off with a putty knife. And, it's CARBON. It has been in a HOT combustion chamber and you're trying to tell me that once the "snake oil" goes in, poof, it becomes vaporized.
I don't think so...

Again, I'll ask you guys, what evidence do you have, that makes you believe that your engines required this treatment? And, after the treatment, do you have any proof that your engine was any cleaner inside?

PROOF...

Not the warm, fuzzy, placebo effect.

I want actual proof.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT