How much would it cost? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Canada
How much would it cost?

How much do u guys think ballpark a shop would charge to install the poly bushings set on American muscle?
Comes w tie rod end boot
Sway bar end link set
Upper strut mounts
Spring isos
Control arm bushings
Rear axle bushings
And steering rack
I'd consider doing some myself but I'm def a rookie when it comes to working on cars so I'd rather leave it to the pros I'd probably end up doing more bad than good. Since I bought my car the squeaks and random noise has been getting worse n worse I figure getting these installed might help me narrow down some of the sounds and eliminate some all together. I have steeda ball joints on the way and I'm planning on getting a new driveshaft as well. Moneys a bit tight but the car is embarrassing to drive ATM and I really want it in good shape for summer. Thanks for all the help M.E

d_1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Mexico
MY opinion would be not to buy the kit.
They will charge by the hour 70-100 + the cost of the kit you buy...
also, why are you buying a new drive shaft? is there a reason behind it? is it aluminum? .. seems like your money could be better spent.

Look into buying new shocks and struts and springs, lower control arms. remove your quad shocks and take a look at your rotors and pads... I bet that rite there would not only eliminate a lot of the squeaks but would be money better spent.

I assume if they are replacing the bushings they may come back to you and tell you parts that will need to be replaced and not just the bushings...

FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Canada
Ya the ds would b aluminum. I have a grinding/squealing noise when my cars been sitting while I take off slowly that goes away once the car is warm Im guessing it could b a few things but I think a new ds could b a good start, quicken acceleration and its something I could do myself in the driveway. I wanted to get the u joints done so I would b killing two birds kinda thing. My car is over 10 years old n I don't think the previous owner did much preventative maintenance. I have a feeling most of the bushings will start to go if they haven't already.
d_1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT