Halo headlights - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I also have projectors with halos without the blinding factor and think they are good looking. I like all of your setups. After having said that I have been contemplating going with OEM style and installing the halos in the housing. IMHO the shape of the originals is much cleaner to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New camera 009.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	157782  
tri99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Just have to add my opinion in here but halos look retarded. Especially on a new edge mustang. I laugh everytime I see one just like how I point and laugh at aftermarket tail lights.

Also, just because you install your knockoff hid's in a dollar store projector housing it doesn't make it any better.

My recommendation is light smoke black housing oem housings with a quality halogen bulb. Guaranteed to work everytime and doesn't look like an integra driving down the road.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Just have to add my opinion in here but halos look retarded. Especially on a new edge mustang. I laugh everytime I see one just like how I point and laugh at aftermarket tail lights.

Also, just because you install your knockoff hid's in a dollar store projector housing it doesn't make it any better.

My recommendation is light smoke black housing oem housings with a quality halogen bulb. Guaranteed to work everytime and doesn't look like an integra driving down the road.

Sent from my massive johnson.
That's why I asked to see an actual pic of the HID cutoff. My DEPOS actually do pretty good although the beams do rainbow down at the ends which I know it should not do. It works well though but I am going to see how they look with regular good OEM Philips bulbs in them vs the HIDs. Although my HIDs are not some "dollar store" kit like half the ppl run it seems. For ever person who uses a kit like mine you have 10 guys running the DDM junk.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That's why I asked to see an actual pic of the HID cutoff. My DEPOS actually do pretty good although the beams do rainbow down at the ends which I know it should not do. It works well though but I am going to see how they look with regular good OEM Philips bulbs in them vs the HIDs. Although my HIDs are not some "dollar store" kit like half the ppl run it seems. For ever person who uses a kit like mine you have 10 guys running the DDM junk.

Once I get them installed this week I'll post a pi of the cut off. The hids I have in my current headlights have a very sharp cut off. I would take a pic but it's in the shop
jonathanadams22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT